Pvp Balance

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by ßuddy, Aug 25, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

PvP Need Balance?

Poll closed Oct 13, 2017.
  1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ßuddy

ßuddy Forum Greenhorn

2. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

We're not removing 2H from the arena. Terrible idea.

IceQueen likes this.
  3. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

1. No
    2. No
    3. No

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

trakilaki and IceQueen like this.
  4. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Seriously? Is this a joke?

The solution to pvp is truly simple. Separate pvp from pve, then put some form of limits on dmg output. We are already limited in crit/resist/armor and various buffs.

The massive jumps in dmg keep happening with each release. Just this year we jumped from 7K to 20k and some people talk about 50K being at least theoretically possible currently. Two years ago when pvp complaints were far less, we were at 2500-3000K dmg. A 1000% jump without any thought of how it would impact the game is more proof that the people who make this game have never played one before.

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to see the issue is the massive dmg jumps as the main cause. Yes, there are other reasons, the removing of certain skills like freeing from stuns hurt, but pvp has turned into a 1 hit = 1 kill game and until the dmg outputs get reigned in (without nerfing every single player in the game) it will only get worse.

A new update is coming and you can take it to the bank that dmg outputs will jump again, followed by more nerfs.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  5. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

(1)
    Some may disagree, but I think PvP is quite balanced. I am having fun and I am participating in PvP battles with 4 characters (4 classes). All my characters are Marshalls. I am not a strong player. To the contrary, except for one character who is decent and in the middle of the power spectrum, the other three characters are in the lowest of the power spectrum.

Two handed weapons are not a problem. They are a choice and provides the ability to do high damage to players who chose to equip them. However, a decent defensive character is quite a challenge even to the most powerful two handed player. Without two handed weapons and their high damage it will be impossible to kill a fully defensive character.

(2) I wondered the same. Why would you provide up to 16% increased attack speed runes for 2H weapons and only 8% attack speed runes for 1H weapons. At least for the 1H weapons you should provide 12% attack speed runes.
    But, this is nothing to do with PvP.

(3) Heal skills are required for defensive characters. If you complain damage is too high, why ask to remove defense?
    Heal skills are only useful when the damage is moderate. Against a high damaging player, the heal skills are trash as it is.

6. -DeathRaider-

-DeathRaider- Forum Pro

I am figuring out that every class has a weakness. Dk I know is mage. Ranger is dk. Mage is ranger. And mech weakness seems to vary most of all depending on tactic of using turrents in pvp or using more of other skills.

7. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

The lore idea of pvp is that heroes test their skills in pvp so they can effectively fight monsters threatening Dracania. To be truly faithful to this idea, players should not be allowed to use their own gear but to use some sort of official pvp gear that is standardised for official arenas. Higher pvp titles would allow players to use better standardised euqipment. That way arena would really test players' skills and not how cool their gear is, and thus pvp would be trully balanced. Needless to say nobody would probably like it.
    Your ideas are basically restrictive in a similar way and that's why most people disagree with you.

8. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

I would love something like this, but it would have to be in addition to traditional pvp. Maybe for end gamers only just to give us something extra to do.

9. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

That is not even an option.
    Every player's goal is to get good as much possible gear in PvE so it can be more competitive in PvP.
    Introduce special gear and the game is dead officially.
    Not a single player will play there especially those who are putting big money in the game. They invest money not just because they love the dev's work but because they want to advance ... simple as that.
    Those who say I will play with same gear as any other player (that have crappier gear in terms of items, gems, runes ... etc) are lying ... PvE is the reason to play so you can be competitive in PvP.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    semen470 and ßuddy like this.
  10. ßuddy

ßuddy Forum Greenhorn

Guys you are happy from the oneshot pvp and what about exhaustion tanks? This pvp is very bad now 30-40k from one hits where i have 75% armor and 70% resist . We can see lot of video mage ranger dwarf easy kill tanks with 1h defensive build.
    My tank have very high stats but lot of player kill it easy in 5sec. As ranger mage dwarf i was sure no one will understand me ,because of they wanna kill others fast.

-MERGED-

That's why i ask about this,because of unbalanced pvp got lot of class nerf . ... Classes don't need nerf anymore ,you can know Ranger EA bug they one shooted everyone and all cryed here,after all they got nerf.Ranger is good now for farm at lvl50 was useless.

Last edited by moderator: Aug 28, 2017
  11. Erebus

Erebus User

Hello ßuddy, and welcome to the EN forums! ;), please make use of the "Edit" function when you have something to add to your previous post, consecutive posting is against the forum rules, please have a look at them while you get comfortable in this awesome place, best regards. ;)

12. krawler2018

krawler2018 Junior Expert

If the 2h weapon is removed that will work out well just for DK so its a very bad idea, and only DKs are playing with healing skills they have like 3 of them plus one from wisdom unlike others who have just 1 if we take out the one from pvp points which every player has, ur ideas are probably just good for yourself but u forgot to think from other class perspective how would affect the others.

13. Darknocturne

Darknocturne Forum Greenhorn

I would make ther same equipment during arena for all players.

14. Demon

Demon Forum Mogul

Dont bother with pvp they told us that they will look ont the pvp part of the game in 2018 so is like they dont care about the most important part of the game.
    Anyway they have promise some new skills and bonuses so maybe we need to wait for that first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.