PvP gear

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Riwillion, Dec 28, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riwillion

Riwillion Forum Greenhorn

Hi, so I got back to playing after some time, and am currently rethinking my build and gear. I mainly focus on pvp, and would like to know your thoughts, insights, and experiences about good PvP gear/stats, more specifically, whether 1handed weapons are still worth it (or worth anything for that matter, I see most players using 2handers in PvP, which was unheard of before. I assume it´s because of the sapphire change, and the overall higher attack speed of weapons that made 2handers more viable in PvP?

Also very importantly, I´ve always leaned more towards DPS builds, but I couldn´t help but notice that most players seem to be using defensive off-hands rather than offensive. On my ranger, I have a buckler that will reduce incoming damage by about 30% on average, and a quiver that will improve my damage by about 30% on average. What is better, and why? Please, go in length on this one, I really am curious :)

2. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

The reason why most people are using 2 handed weapons are for few reasons.
    After a particular release (the release number which I cannot remember), they increased the damage of 2-handed weapons considerably.
    Now they have about twice the base damage of a one handed weapon.

Next, the two handed weapons can also have attribute lines up to 76.7% increased weapon damage on this compared to only 51% for one handed weapons.

Next, two handed weapons can get equipped with speed runes up to 16% each where as one-handed weapons can only have 8% speed runes. So, for a top character, they can get the speed of two handed weapons pretty much equal to the speed of one handed weapons.

Finally, there are many unique gear and sets which gives a boost to the damage output of two handed weapons.

Considering these the DPS of two handed weapons far exceeds that of one handed weapons by a large margin.

Offensive off hands are more like two handed weapons, with slight increase of attack speed (minimal due to the high speed runes that 2-h weapons can have), more crit (useless since a 2H wielder can get to 80%), more crit damage (useless since 2H weapons can do more than double the damage, so the increase of crit damage does not give an advantage) and so are inferior to 2H weapons.

From what you have (buckler and quiver), I would chose the quiver, because it is always better to kill faster.

3. Riwillion

Riwillion Forum Greenhorn

I see, thank you for the insight :) So basically, one handed weapons are virtually worthless/pointless right now? Or are they good at least for something? If not, surely Bigpoint will rebalance this soon, since this is pretty ridiculous - I always wanted two handers to be viable in PvP, but this is just absurd :D

GoulishNightmares likes this.
  4. I agree with Cdeepal. One hander weapons don't compare to 2H. In my opinion to they are just a way to burn through essense faster.

5. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

1H is not useless - a 5v5 runner is usually better off 1H + shield, and 1H lifekeeper or axe DKs are a popular choice as well. But I spend most of my time in 2H mode and just have switch gear ready.

My DK has the big rubies (5x of the 48's)and 2H speed runes in the 2H. My 1H lifekeeper mace has my smaller rubies (I think 5x 22's or 4x 22 + 15) plus leftover runes/special gems (at the moment, I believe its 5 jewels of rage).

6. RainingBlood666

RainingBlood666 Forum Apprentice

Good evening!

In case you want high DPS, 2H gear is the one. In case you are a RA (it seems so), you shall use Q7 set of course. For pvp it doesn't make such a difference, unless your task is to kill a Tank DK...than you will be favored, as long as you use the Q7 Buff well/wisely.
    Be aware that most 2H gears are glass canon. (but not certain end game toons).

For general pvp, a good balanced 1H gear is better. Nice damage, nice speed and you can avoid getting one shooted most of times. (usually not enough DPS to kill end game tank DKs).

Last edit: In 1H gear, the ideal is to get 16k crit (and thats it, not a single more point) while using shield (getting again 16k points and thats it). Well, that in case you are lvl55.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    Hetsunien likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.