PvP is terrible

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by LucidWolf9, Feb 17, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LucidWolf9

LucidWolf9 Forum Greenhorn

I just wanted to say that the PvP is so unfair that is really isn't at all that fun. I mean you could be a recruit going up against a Knight of the order, and the only people that can be that good are the ones who buy andermant. Andermant is used for almost everything and it rarely drops. Even though quest give andermant, it's not enough. Kinda thinking about quiting the game.

2. extinckDK

extinckDK Forum Apprentice

These are nothing and wait till you witness Flag bearers/Marshals/Field Marshals who behave worst than noobs who not only potted, buffed and always grouped together for pvp to ensure a win.

LucidWolf9 likes this.
  3. LucidWolf9

Gosh, that sounds terrible.

4. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Everyone is saying that PVP is unbalanced.
    But I can say that what we have now is most balanced PVP so far (except when we had more balanced PVP but we had to wait a long time for battle ... so we decided to loose some balance in exchange of more frequent battles).
    But only thing that unbalances the PVP are money.

5. Deefje

Deefje Advanced

At low level the twinks with the mentor bonuses ruin the game really.

lvl 30 wisdom and 30 pvp rank against regular newbies is no contest.

Mentor bonus was a really bad idea.

Multi-Sev likes this.
  6. Bearer-of-Death

Bearer-of-Death Exceptional Talent

Hi, Deefje,

I have to disagree with you, in my opinion the "Mentor Bonus" is a great addition to the game and it can help your main character to raise easier and faster the fame tree.

The real problem is upgrading the gear/weapons above your character's lvl.
    Any P2P can create a lvl 1 character with lvl 50 gear/weapons, fame tree has no chance against lvl 50 items...

...once i played 3vs3 against 3 KotO's and on my team was a Ardent Legionnaire, Ardent Recruit and me (Ardent Centurion)...and guess who killed the KotO's???
    The Ardent Recruit did!!!

If you're a P2P the fame tree doesn't affect you.
    If you're F2P (like me) your PvP days are over.

I like the upgrading gear/weapons, it's good for PvE, but...for PvP it's a disaster, until you reach lvl 45, but then you have the disadvantage of the fame tree...Recruits or Legionnaire against above Ardent KotO's.

I have a legendary wand lvl 3 and i need a 160 million glyphs or 10.000 euros to upgrade to lvl 50, soooo....it will take me 5 to 10 years, i just hope that BP doesn't raise the character's lvl to 55 or more....:(

goe-spec and Warlord like this.
  7. Zokin

Zokin Forum Expert

"Balance".
    [​IMG]

8. trakilaki

Yes it is balanced.
    Don't let the rank "title" fool you. Field Marshal have same fame level as Ardent Knight of the Order. That is level 40. Anyone above AKotO rank gain no more fame tree bonuses (at least not for now).

UnkownOutsider likes this.
  9. Lordcl

Lordcl Junior Expert

,,I have to disagree with you, in my opinion the "Mentor Bonus" is a great addition to the game and it can help your main character to raise easier and faster the fame tree.''
    you dont say. i have been playing over a year and some noobs' pvp lvl is higher. took me ages to get the cloak and now everybody has it. where is my compensation? why start a character now ha? just start a second character. this is so comical. why encourage second characters? every game needs money to run. it is a business but this mentor bonus has no business sense. it is just robbery

10. Zokin

Zokin Forum Expert

I know that FM are 40 lvl ofc, i just pointed, that i as nkoto, have 34 lvl and have 2 less pvp skills than those players, that is like i get seasoned legionaire for oponent. And btw we all know that those one with crazy ranks are heavy p2p, so that is one more minus in pvp balance.

11. darknightbleeds

darknightbleeds Forum Apprentice

Would it be better if we only got mentor bonus on knowledge instead of honor. So the pvp matches would be a bit more fair.:)

12. trakilaki

If you asking me I would say NO to any kind to mentor bonuses.
    If I and other players were playing for 1 year to reach cap level at knowledge or pvp tree then why should others get benefits over us?

-HARRA81- and multitoonz like this.
  13. moby31

moby31 Regular

I have to disagree with You some people here , even some top pvp , are f2p but it took them a really long time to achieve those crazy ranks ...
    mentor bonus will not replace good gear and exp :rolleyes:
    all those newest marshals etc smth fresh ...:rolleyes: not that i'm happy about it
    and those who complain about pvp being unbalanced ,look back we did have solutions but waiting time ....thousands posts complains
    i'm quite happy as long as i don't fight against pots and bots ;)

Superme and Bearer-of-Death like this.
  14. Zokin

Zokin Forum Expert

Give me one name of those top "F2P". PLS

15. Paulusvonkrossov

Paulusvonkrossov Exceptional Talent

Well I think only admins can write "right F2P" top players. In my experience, those who talk about no paying are usually P2P players :)

rpfo likes this.
  16. LucidWolf9

Yeah, but some people buy andermant to buy the best gear.

17. LucidWolf9

I don't really have a problem with mentor bonus.

18. moby31

moby31 Regular

Some players are here since a very first days of Drakensang a long time now busy farming collecting gems this is the place from where their good gear comes from , not shop .
    but still some people call them payers , credit card noobs (my fav:p)
    i would not dare to name them publicly i respect their privacy ;)
    about those who pay for their wins ... they pay we play .
    only thing i really hate in this game is not the mentor bonus recent changes etc etc
    i hate bots (still there ) buffs ess and pots in arena uffff
    i better be quite :cool:

19. LucidWolf9

Well then they spend a lot of time farming, not everyone has that time.

20. multitoonz

multitoonz Forum Great Master

Mentor bonus was supposed to infuse new higher ranking players into the system so the game would have a selection of more evenly ranked to match. Problem is nobody is leveling up so PvP is still a stagnant mess. Kill the non-xp gain DSO, sheesh. Kill the grouping above 5 levels so people have to level up. Make each map area entry contingent on character level like it is in Andrakasch. A 40 cannot enter Gleaming Mountains, Thunder Crest requirements are higher level as is Stalgard.
    Just think of all the sad twinks if they can't group and go farm areas higher than their level. Guarantee it would end the twink factories because these players would all quit if they actually had to play the game.
    On a sad note, I have to grind 1.5 mil xp points now on my SW to get to level 42 :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.