PvP nowdays !

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by napoli-sniper, May 24, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. napoli-sniper

napoli-sniper Forum Apprentice

HI Friends is this theard i won't attack rangers or enyother class its just i don't get it enymore
    enyone is one hit enyone !! or even woith 100k hp you will still 2-3 hits with this a7 set and milti explisie arrow
    i mean the pvp is not good and funny enymore for me ..if You get stunned by ranger then you are death for sure stun+milti massive damage from explisve arrows are the most killing hits at pvp then dwarfs with q7 then mages with q7 all are extremmly deadly at pvp 1hit but rangers are more deadly for sure so all claases are op lol
    what do you think we should to do fix this that's all ..and thank you ..at the end i think q7 set is little bit overpowerd for pvp
    at the end pvp is broken no matter what you say we all know that something wrong in pvp ...mybe new defensie set powerfull as much as a7 will make it better but still don't know what is the solution

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  2. ТнeRock

ТнeRock Forum Apprentice

Nerf the EA of rangers, it deals too much dmg. Or give 500% dmg for all classes.

3. Arx_X

Arx_X Advanced

don't nerf anything.. we've all been nerfed by 300% after rel.185.
    It's hard enough to farm items for crafting in Fatal/Infernal I (or 100) with things as they are.
    nerfing is bad, ballancing is another story and a concent that's foreign to the DSO devs.

before anyone blames a class or something, I play mainly dwarf (cuz it's less frustrating atm) and got all classes so far (true,not all are 55)

4. iNeXoRaBlE

iNeXoRaBlE Forum Great Master

Like you said its if you get hit. Just move around and problem solved. For all that say that the dmg is too much clearly miss many points.
    The dmg is relative. The mage and dwarf have more sure-hit spells than the EA that can be avoided.

Llogos likes this.
  5. Llogos

Llogos Junior Expert

So, if I understood correctly, dwarves, mages and rangers are deadly to face over PvP, but the ranger has to be nerfed.

Nerfing the EA, will cause problems to lower lever rangers and rangers that don't have q7 set. Aside from that, boosting the damage to all the rest classes to 500% it will destroy completely the gameplay.

I've read the threat Abusive rangers damage and seriously, you are talking about 500% when is marked the enemy? While if it's not, the damage from the explosion is 250%.
    Furthermore, I was reading the weakness of the frozen sphere with 330% damage, while actually its 382% plus the regeneration of 10 mana etc etc. Fireball with 126% damage, forgetting to mention the 90% damage on the burning spot that even if you use your skill to get out of any negative effects still burn you, and with q7 set the mana cost is so low that you can spam and spam and spam.

Not to mention the singularity that you use for example the dragonhide full skilled to get out of any negative effects and you still have reduced travel speed, broken armor and get burned of freezing etc.

You people talk about a ranger, with q7 set, spamming the net that skilled has no concentration cost, and 40% chance of no cooldown time when you hit an enemy, otherwise it has a 12 sec cooldown time. Apart from that you can lose the target if the target moves. You people talk about that the EA shouldn't explode if its not hitting the target. Sorry but that how the skill is designed to be. End of story.
    Now, why as long as you cry for all that, you don't say anything about the mage with q4 and q8 items? Thunders with hight damage all over the place and unlimited ice missiles that are so annoying and kills you in split seconds? Why you don't say anything about the mind control that says clearly ''when you successfully mind control a foe'' and yet works even in a boss with immune?

Stop crying around and asking [EDIT] things and always to be nerfed a class.

As @iNeXoRaBlE said, just avoid it. Its simple as that. What are you doing? Waiting for them to target you? Get real, and if you don't like the class you are playing, then make a ranger and end of story.

Last edited by moderator: May 24, 2017
    Gevilson and iNeXoRaBlE like this.
  6. Rev

Rev Active Author

Mods,

Since you kindly shut down the previous conversation that was getting hostile, "Abusive rangers damage," i would suggest you shut this one down too. When Erebus mentioned that we should start a thread based on mathematical/statistical based proof and debate on that, which would make this infinitely more productive and enlightening.

This thread is just another [EDIT]...so why don't you go ahead and shut it down too...

Last edited by moderator: May 24, 2017
  7. rogue07

rogue07 Someday Author

wonder if im necroing this thread.
    rangers are the one class that kills me as a mage with non stop quick shot spam.
    the eagle follows you everywhere, and 3 dogs that heal you with damage dealt, whereas mages have ZERO healing. adrenaline for fast movement, dive skill to jump around and blade dance for when the other 2 are on cool down.

idk how the heck thats not OP. sure destruction can kill you, thats the only thing that mages really got going for them against rangers, miss that and 2 quick shots or 1 quick and 1 precision shot kills you.

frozen sphere needs a change, the only people you can hit with the full damage are other mages and then DKs. whereas a DK wouldnt lose more than 1/4 of his hp, the mage would lose around 1/2 at most if all 3 hits registered and were crits.

singularity is easily avoided by all jump or location changing skills.

mages have cast times, compared to all classes mages have the longest cast times for all skills. fireball spam is possible, but where 1 fireball is cast and flies from A to B, a ranger would've shot 2-3 quick shots from A to B in the same time frame.

lets not pretend marking is not op either, its an endless movement speed reduction, and almost every skill does DOUBLE damage when marked, as if moving at turtle speed wasnt crippling enough, nearly every ranger skill marks now, the damned eagle that follows you around and sometimes in a darker map with the low visibility you can't even see it until you've lost 1/3 of your hp and now you're stunned for 2 seconds, you get out of stun alive and then the net hits you and you're stunned again.

lets consider this simple fact too, mages are supposed to be crowd control, but mages have literally 1 stun and thats not even guaranteed, no one but a DK would get close enough for frost nova to hit, and then there's a 1 sec pvp freeze that is frost winds. the guardian is an automated potato gun. once more mages have no healing. lightning has a cast time and a strike time, easily avoided. destruction has a long cast time, easily avoided again. meteor, no one probably even uses this in pvp bec of the lack of effectiveness. magic missile is a joke. fireball, slow flight time and a cast time, 50-50 chance of hitting against a semi decent player.

in pvp, mages only stand a chance against other mages and then DKs by running around the entire time.
    steam mechs also have stun and healing capabalities, turrets are pretty damned effective, guaranteed stun, and then iron dwarf can just chase you and wreck you.

mages are the ones that are in need of a buff or a rework, severely under powered - having big numbers on skill descriptions doesn't mean the skill is OP, not in pvp. and considering how little the game has focused on increasing the teamplay system, mages being unable to heal at all, makes the game relatively difficult too to solo.

whereas i see rangers of the same level yet worse equipment and stats soloing bosses, mages are more often than not incapable of doing so.
    BP has shown no interest in making potions available for coins, although mages desperately need it.
    did i forget to mention the fact that mages have the least hp out of all classes for some reason?
    seriously what's the trade off? what are mages getting thats so great that they need an hp nerf for?
    all other classes, and having tested them myself, are just as capable of wiping out mobs solo as mages.
    taunt doesnt work on bosses so guardian is useless, singularity doesnt slow bosses so they just walk out of it.

i regret having mained a mage, with my love for mages in all MMORPGs i chose mage, and ended up realizing drakensang mages are an embarrasment to the mages. i love playing glass cannon classes, but not when its a glass potato cannon. should've chosen a ranger or dk or a dwarf. those three classes when i tried them out, i cleared dungeons in 1/3 the time that it took me on my mage. and in pvp, i've won more often than not.

it's just that no one wants their classes to get nerfed, but BP doesnt give a crap about mages anymore although they desperately need a buff, at least to frozen sphere mechanics, either turning it into an ice nova (the type ice leader mobs use) or making it freeze target when it explodes, and more importantly a freaking means to heal... and dont say magic missile 3rd upgrade because thats a pathetic joke, more along the lines of insult to injury.

8. allcoss

allcoss Forum Apprentice

I don't sure that bigpoint will make balance in this game. q7 and q8 set make real disbalance in pvp. I have mag with q7 set and i can hit with fireball more than 30 times. 1 hit is 1 death of player. So mag play like machine gun.
    But it is not so easy to play pve with mag.
    Also problem with stanning. How to play if class warrior can stanning all time?
    From other side ranger and dwarf. Dwarf is not well done for pvp(weakest class for pvp and best for pve). Ranger has a lack of concentration to hit but if hit it is death even for tank . The problems with disbalance are in all classes.

9. estr123

estr123 Forum Greenhorn

Its good the 3x ice shoots to take manna!

But at all the pvp is the same as before... most of the players just play with 2h <- that's all! You have to farm a lot and craft, to be strong!

And it will be much better if BP add health to the SM's guns

10. therpgrogue

therpgrogue Forum Apprentice

I don't even engage in it, I much prefer PVE. PVP in my opinion is too much hassle :(

11. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

Pvp is a piece of trash, the game randomly decides whether you win or not, as in 6vs6
    If it decides to put you in blue team, you almost always lose, but it's not you, it's the game
    And worst of all, the game continues to put you in blue team, you can kiss good bye to the mount and costume

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.