PVP: REDUCE ATTACKS RANGE

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Arr, Apr 17, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arr

Arr Forum Expert

pvp is practically just look at the map and spam your attacks at the marks. That makes no sense to me and actually is pretty boring having to play like that, so please lower the range of attacks in pvp so we at least have to see whom we are attacking

2. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Reducing the range is not an option.
    lifting the camera up in the arena ... is the best solution.
    That way cheaters wouldn't have advantage over the fair players ... by using illegal software and zooming out the map.
    Lifting the camera up is possible and already implemented in Yolotl on TS.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fam101, Conqueror21 and Icke like this.
  3. Arr

Arr Forum Expert

that would remove the blind part from the nonsense blind spamming but why you say they cant lower the attacks range?

4. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Because then people would complain more about DKs being OP. Shorter ranges mean that DKs can get closer before they are even in range and with the speed boost from FBC, closing the last bit of distance would be easier than the current meta of dodging fireballs and arrows and turrets like running a gauntlet of death on the way to the ranged players.

Like Trakilaki said, Having a wider FoV is a better and more fair solution. Another solution would be for the developers to implement something like the "illegal" camera mod tools natively in the game's settings so that everyone can zoom out to the render distance everyone would be on even playing field. Then, anyone with a zoomed in perspective is limiting themselves by their own choice instead of because they are choosing to play fair.

Icke likes this.
  5. Arr

Arr Forum Expert

but they dont need that camera mod, they just shoot at the dots on the map,
    Im a ranger and when I play against mages or rangers the only thing I see is fireballs and arrows coming to me from nowhere

6. Icke

Icke Forum Greenhorn

If "you" can handle the mini-map, its an advantage you should also take. All PVP players are knowing, that arena is a one-shot-down-massacre. So, if you want to avoid the hits from your opponent, you have to shot "blind" across the map. 90% are doing like that cause they are afraid to get a hit. Since all isn´t balanced and a bit more fair, it´s senseless to think about the flaws of PVP.

Do your best, or remove all items and let them kill you ;)

7. VoulaAek1

VoulaAek1 Forum Connoisseur

A good solution could be the processing of dots on the maps. The dots should be visible on the map only when you are close to this player and he is in your visual field. In this case pvp would become more interesting since you will have to put much more effort to find and kill someone.

8. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

That is how things are working right now.
    You can't see the opponent on minimap if the opponent is not in your FoV.
    Just go to 6v6 and you can notice the behaviour. Your team mates and the turrets and the cart are your "eyes" as well. You can see the opponents if they are in their FoV too. If no member of your group (including turrets, towers and cart) are present at any particular place ... you can't see the opponents on the minimap.

9. VoulaAek1

VoulaAek1 Forum Connoisseur

Well , i partly disagree. If you have a look at 1v1, you will see that the opponent is not visible to you but you know where he is because of the dot on the map. Also i saw many times a dot on the map while there was no team mate close to him. It's a little bit complex.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.