Q&A Development Team Letter

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by DSO Production Team, Aug 16, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MeanMachine

MeanMachine Forum Apprentice

Hey buddy, I remember you, back in the old days we were in FultresKnights and did some PW runs together with Sirmadman and others. You were very strong and honorable DK. Don't be so sad about these changes - life still goes-on.

2. Rekless

Rekless Forum Greenhorn

I don't really know.
    I stopped this game some months ago but I still think this company don't need anything more than few long time player in their staff, because they aren't able to work on this game, clearly because they don't play this game.
    My ideas are always the same about PvP.

1. This game deserve a GvG mode. It's probably the most wanted feature since years. Could replace 6v6 because it is too unbalanced and too long to fix.

2. This game deserve some fix and changes talking about bugs and "wrong feature" in PvP.
    Starting from the exhaustion mechanics that offer to people a "cheatable" way to win against everyone ruining PvP.
    And all the bugs about 1v1 (starting alone, giving free wins, free rounds).

3. Make a team with 20-50 top players and some game designers.
    In this way, with any effort (In terms of money) BP will have a constant feedback in PvP and they won't risk again to destroy everything like they did in the past years.
    At same they won't neglect again PvP in terms of bugs, unbalanced mechanics, etc.

4. A true PvP leaderboard.
    Rewards, invent something to push people in PvP and reward best players.

I'll keep saying it till I can, this company isn't able to work on it by themself.
    They need long time players to join them and give them the right ideas.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  3. Fugnuts

Fugnuts Forum Master

My first thoughts after and about this release : the old players will DIE of OLD age before they get the chance to max the wisdom talents lol ( the drop is way toooooooooooo LOW)

Will take too long for people to get to experiment this new thingy ..which is why this game is going down and will die in the future ..

Sure i cant wait for people to tell me how wrong am i ...which is why DSO is so popular nowadays....

Id recommend the knowledge to be dropped in amounts of like 10x more + than what we have now....Even so it will take a year or two to max the wisdom tree..

Eh..afterall its just another patch that made hundreds leave the game...I dont understand what was the meaning for this patch to be honest because apparently things are worse than they were before the patch...we now have people that kill infernal bosses in 4-5 seconds lol...That pretty much takes away all the excitement that the PvE part had to offer until this patch and most likely more and more will get tired of this game if there wont be any challenges left for them to face.

PS: id recommend that the BP management takes a look at those two games which make more in a month than this company makes in 10 years ( F******E and P**G)....this is how you should market your game..not by making your community farm for 5 years then u nerf them over the night just so they could start from almost 0 again.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    semen470 likes this.
  4. Viki

Viki Forum Mogul

This idea is not new, also in the German forum the players have suggested this several times. BP has simply neglected PvP for years, which is why they want to introduce Moba PvP in the future. For this company this is the easiest way to find a solution without great effort. They are not interested in PvP balancing of classes. BP has also stressed enough times that they seek advice from experienced moderators, so your suggestion won't be heard here :p.
    Personally, I don't care what they do in the future. They made PvP degenerate too much to give me any hope.

As far as PvP guilds are concerned, how many guilds still exist in Heredur that are interested in PvP?

5. Rekless

Rekless Forum Greenhorn

You know is kinda "unbelievable" what is going on.
    It's just crazy that players are screaming ideas and they just don't care.
    With few changes PvP will be awesome.

6. Demon

Demon Forum Mogul

The problem is that there are many games much better and cheaper that this game, also f2p and they are or real free 2 play so how they can get new players if we have much better complex games and cheaper than this.Also until this year winter we will have another 2 competitors in this section of isometric ARPG games and also we have 2 more projects on development one by a big company that will be the 4 th and also a new game will be developed next year after a successful kickstart so it will come hard times for dso because cant compete with those games.
    Yes it was a time when they have get players because DSO was a browser based games and i could play this from work with no problem also it was a simple game remember lev 40, anyone could play this.We had forums to get information in our language so there was many kids and people that get necessary info to play this game.
    Now days the game has became much complex for some players , i have seen players that could not understand what they need to do because they cant understand new changes that come with lv 55. Many of them has fall in that jester gambling section and they cant move forward because they dont understand crafting or they dont have money to craft because they gamble, many of them dont have time to play to mantain a good character so that they can enjoy this game.
    This game has no trade no way to recover your value you just trow a way your money in a character that can be nerfed next patch and you have no option to recover and invest your money in a new character and they make a big mistake here.

BP dont understand that they need to be much flexible in any way. This forum can be a good example, they wont let you put here a name of a game but if i want to write on blizz forum about any game i can do that, they have no problem with that.
    BP dont understand that they need to make a more flexible game, they need to secure much better accounts and they need to make this game according with players wishes.
    BP need to understand that they had many players form old games that came form new improved graphics but they cant steal players from big games like D# PxE because so they should stop flooding game with new options that will make this much bigger and complex.
    This way they will make players quit the game because they cant understand this new changes they only understand that they are nerfed.Also this new meta way that they want to implement is for games that you pay to play not for this or for games that allow you to move your values in any new character that you want to make in order to be Op for that Meta.
    BP need to understand that they need to see what players they have in order to bring appropriate content and to not make mistakes and loose players because a pay 2 win games like this cant attract players for other games . Maybe they attract kids but kids dont have so much money to pay for development.

For me this game is dead i have pass my guild leader position and after that just 2-3 of them still play this game, many of them have stopped and few of them has come with me in another game where you can play casual.
    I dont like to be censured on forum and spit on my character face with changes that i dont like i dont agree so BP you wont have my money or my character online because i hate you asa a producer you have no respect for your players and i have seen this on your other forums for your games.

As traky said, BP "always punishing the existing players who were playing and supporting the game" to leave because they dont care about them or about what they want what they need from this game.

One of my friends and ex dso player ask me few months ago "-there are people that still play that bad DSO game?
    Yes. i said
    "Maybe they are players that has pay too much for that game and they cant leave what they invest."

After i quit the game BP send me a mail with a survey ask me why i have quit the game. Dear BP read this forum and you will find many reasons why players quit.
    Dont pay money just to get fancy excel data graphs when is more easy to read this forum.Poor but with class omg.

GL

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    heror and gbit like this.
  7. DJBarman

DJBarman Active Author

I have a question to the dev team because maybe im wrong but i think they lost their way.
    Dear dev team pls explain to me how its possible that PWs have worse drop than scalling dungeons ? In my opinnion ( yes i take under consideration the fact that i may have lost my mind ) end game dungeons like PW's on f.e inf2 or inf3 should have a drastic diffrence in drop ( cubes realm frags wisdom legs andermant etc etc ) comparing to scalling dungeons. Right now i can get 2x-3x better loot from f.e fox den than q1 or q3 inf2-3. So in the future when f.e youll introduce a new boss that will be super hard he will have no valuable items and ill go farm f.e gorga on fatal ? :D Why have i made my char the best i possibly can ?

8. heror

heror Forum Baron

the idea was that you farm PWs for cores transfer items adn then go to scaling dungeons. If you have ever played PoE the endgame there is like farming maps and obtaining new mas to farm for curency or in dso aka a lot of loot so i like this .I honestly hate PWs i have been grinding them for 4- 5 years straight and they re trash because they are big and made to discourage you to play

9. DJBarman

DJBarman Active Author

So basically this is true and ive lost my mind i farmed and crafted the best items so i can now retire and farm scalling dungeons. Thank you for explenation

10. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

this is counter intuitive, you would think the end game maps are the PW dungeons, not the scaling dungeons, the scaling dungeons should be for noobs who can't yet fight in the pw's

If they put cores and infernal frags there it would be good
    And if they put higher difficulties even better
    Destructor set might even be interesting, if they bothered to put higher difficuties

Please, keep silence, or bp might notice and nerf the loot

11. DJBarman

DJBarman Active Author

no worries im speechless ive just found out that ive had to farm higher lvls of the game to play on the lower ones ...

12. heror

heror Forum Baron

Atleast say something which hold value not pure sarcasm.. I didnt say that buy if you insist to put words in my mouth ok i will just ignore your answers. If you care to understand what i said go above and read untill you find meaning number 2

13. DJBarman

DJBarman Active Author

nah dont have to pure sarcasm was my goal

14. sargon234

But it's true, you just go to the pws to drop build up your sets and then you go into lower maps to farm and build you up

If you do not need to do the leatherboards, you do that

15. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Hey yo yo DJ ... let me explain something ...
    Throughout DSO history normal maps were almost always having better drops than PW ... PWs dungeons were only having stronger items. But even items were stronger in normal maps at some point. Remember Grimmagstone low level items? Also Sigrismarr's torso, Herald's weapon, Heredur's shield, Bearach's Weapon, Arachna's Weapon, Gorga's offhand, Automated set, Grimmag's/Tegan's/Cuchulain's torso ... etc... etc. Those were all normal dungeon's rewards.
    Also there can't exist a PW dungeon if there is no normal equivalent dungeon ... except Q6.
    Now ... the drops were almost always better in normal dungeons. Smart players were farming normal dungeons for resources. We were cap level but we were still farming low level normal dungeons because the gem drops were the same but you didn't have to put much effort and time to farm them there. Same with andermants ... they were dropping in smaller stacks in normal dungeons ... but they were dropping frequently and we could fast farm them at greater scale than we could in PW.
    So I don't see any problem normal scaling dungeons having a good drop. If you need materi frags or PW items or anything PW related ... farm PW ... otherwise I will stick to Normal Dungeons :)
    You are all fighting like insane for few thousand gold from LB for months in PW ... but why when you can get 10x more in normal dungeons for a same amount of time XD
    Play smarter not harder :p

16. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Well some people don't like those stupid PW game breaking sets ... and you can't have both set and resource farm in same time ... select carefully what you need more.

17. sargon234

[​IMG]

I see no problem in giving the best loot in the map where you get the set

it seems counter intuitive to go to PWs and then go back to the normal maps to farm

The strait forward progression would be

normal maps- scaling normal dungeons- PW

The PWs are the end game maps so they should give the best loot
    Not that i think the scaling normal dungeons shouldn't have any use to end game players

I would put there useful resources, put cores(solid core or even increment cores) and infernal frags drop from the normal bosses
    i would put useful sets, that can compete with the PWs sets
    Many of them should be 1h, since 1h players in pve are treated as subhumans
    And they should put higher difficulties than fatal in there too, to give more challenge

18. heror

heror Forum Baron

I think you lack game experience ( which is nothing wrong nobody needs to be a nerd :D ) but sorry i dont know for how long you are in this game im here since the start and Cardhun now pains my eys of its linear and boring design. If i play Alone im lazy to even go painfull PWs even tho i can solo inf 3 really easy just because the PWs are too long. The PWs are made for the sets not to farm currency ( aka andermats ) except materi frags which are useless to end game players. I dont see why is this a problem? Now people are complaining that there is a reason to farm other maps than PWs . i give up logic here doesnt exist nor the word " enjoyment " just pure grand for those sooo special sets even tho you probably have them 100 times but nevermind gotta farm AGAIN especially that Q9 sooooooooooooo interesting to farm 10 km long map just to get 3 legendaries from medus.

Quick note if they buff PWs drops it would mean you need to basically get guaranteed unique every so ... i dont see ever happening because they wont get anymroe since the loot would be raining all over the noobs and gg

19. sargon234

I said about maps, improve the drops in the maps,i'm not saying to guarantee unique drops
    And the bosses could sure get more leggendaries
    Man, you sure quite a storage of straw, you can't stop making strawmen

And how many of those scaling normal dungeons you farm? Either loxley for efficient glyph farm or FBI, all other maps are ignored

Let's not pretend those dungeons are much more varied and less boring

I see no problem with linearity, it makes clearing a map faster, it's the loot that matters, not the journey
    Besides not all pws are all that linear

I do not know who is complaining, maybe that strawman you built to argue with, so take him to task for that
    If anything i'm trying to expand them and the PWs as well, make them more useful and increase the useful maps
    Because that's what matters in the end,there is no deeper meaning, what matters is material rewards and only that

Enjoyments is getting loot and accomplishing something and following and objective, there is no enjoyment in farming just because

20. heror

heror Forum Baron

The are a few more maps which for me are quite enjoyable so dont judge me too fast :p.
    About PWs you get the objective AKA get strong and then farm scaling dungeons for money or andermants to take on the small things like pets and so on. I mean Nobody is forcing anybody to go into the scaling dungeons but I think PWs already give enough of loot. I mean you get inf passage, materi fragments , set what more do you want?? becasue if you do the math anything you say about increasing the drop would end up in overkill and make the scaling dungeons uter trash. I dont get the idea why PWs MUST be endgame ? You start the game boom lv 55 and what PWs endgame boom PWs again ....... so interesting right the same maps over and over again untill you basically die or leave the game

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.