Q7 nerf confirmed? :o

Discussion in 'Speakers‘ Corner' started by Akageshi, Nov 4, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

Hi. CM Jesse answered some questions on the latest stream, where he said this:

"We have plans to balance sets, and we know that Q7 set is the most used one and obviously the strongest one. But on the other hand, we are not implementing items that are as good as Q7, and you shouldn't compare with it because we don't want to break the set balancing even more; but yeah, we will balance the sets sooner or later."

I don't quite get how this makes any sense. They are not buffing old sets or designing new strong sets intentionally not to make it all even more off balance? IMHO this should have the opposite effect- more than one strong sets should give you more equally good options, which would make Q7 just one of them; and this is what I would have thought was balance. Older players could easily stick to Q7, while others could go for other options.

It seems more likely that set balancing here simply means the easiest way: Nerfing Q7. I know, in the past I demanded Q7 nerf, because clearly (from RA's perspective) it's a OP beast. But later I fully realized crafting was so slow and expensive that simple Q7 nerf would make people MAD, because their resources would have been wasted.

Truth is, you can only play end game with something else but Q7 set if you are pretty damn strong in every other way to not needing the +150% buff on EA, and perhaps totally drunk with concentration tonics to not need the free EAs. This means that a hard Q7 nerf would make you (RA) useless until you have obtained full blue royals and 4 platinums on your bow, belt, etc.; but perhaps other classes would struggle just as much- everything on infernals would take ages to kill.

So, I hope, I really do hope that set balancing means mainly bringing other sets- if not all, then at least PW sets- onto the level on par with Q7.
    (And possibly creating more interesting unique attributes to these sets. Recent Q6 seems quite interesting, but I assume not good enough(?))

Cyanogen and thebearreturns like this.
  2. Hetsunien

Hetsunien Padavan

They're introducing a new xmas set, but instead of a useful unique values on weapon, like, idk

200 damage
    50% increased weapon damage

It comes with ice resistance. So yeah, expect all sets become as crappy as this one.

Akageshi likes this.
  3. rcch

rcch Advanced

I read it so that when level 60 or similar comes. They will "crapify" all sets to same level so they can sell more essences :D
    They are too afraid to change anything atm because they are afraid of people(whales) walking away from game.

JohnWick and Hetsunien like this.
  4. KingsGambit

KingsGambit Forum Expert

I can explain it to you as it's pretty simple. Issue with q7 and overall weapon sets is straightforward ranger as class is balanced purely around q7 which is couple times stronger than for other classes. This is longterm issue as it's reducing design space by a huge margin and seems BP finally is realizing how troublesome this is. Any sort of new weapon based set would need to be introduced as unbalanced in first place having archer version couple times stronger. Secondly to be competitive from ranger perspective it would need to have very narrow range of effect as BP can't throw in another set based around EA reductions as this doesn't make any sense.

In long term prospects it would be much easier from BP perspective to have balanced sets because this makes further implementations lot easier. That's why they will have to balance q7 and weapon sets in general at some point - of course if they want to make more content in that department and seems they want which is wise. It's just inevitable. This will most likely include huge nerf to ranger q7 and some cosmetics for other classes but ranger for sure will get some push in skillset, most likely considerable improvment of EA, maybe prec. Of course there is always possibility they will do it with 60 lvl release which i believe was their plan so far as it's theoretically the least hurting way, but maybe they won't wait till than.

Probably Bloodmage was warm-up try before serious changes as it's theoretically the least used out of 3 weapons and mostly connected with 1 class. They were checking feedback of weapon changes this way. Was of course made in bad way but i guess they achieved their aim - item change was for sure lesser priority as it's only high priority once all weapon sets are balanced. Looks like they slowly setting up for small revolution :)

5. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

the problem is that they are simply planning a nerf and then doing nothing
    I mean q7 set is op, yes, but it also means that other sets are underpowered and need to be either reworked or made more powerful

There are plenty of weapons that need to be made more powerful: dragan's weapon, poison weapon, dimensional rift, kraken, ecc.
    I believe they want to do tinker with bloodmage weapon

6. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

And then they will introduce a new meta and the farming cycle will go on.
    But perhaps lvl 60 is a good opportunity to crapify everything old, because the disappointment may be successfully covered with a really awesome content expansion hehe.

In any case, if I ever craft a god legendary with 4 platinums (in a hundred years maybe), I will hold on to it. No transfer. Until the new meta comes...

Well, if they didn't nerf any set, mainly Q7, and instead if they made some other sets good enough to compete with Q7, whales would have no reason to leave.

Hmm, so you think rangers' Q7 is way stronger than other classes' Q7? May be the case, I don't play other classes. If it's really true, then I agree that making other sets just as strong could further harm class balancing.
    But Idk, my Drakensang knowledge is very limited.

Yeah, this is what makes me doubt KingsGambit's post. Mainly in case of Ranger, you have no other option than Q7. Ok, you have, but top performance is in Q7. Everything else is crap, and so if they nerf Q7, ranger is done for.

7. KingsGambit

KingsGambit Forum Expert

It's definitely much stronger than other classes only argue comes up how much stronger. But tbh it has to be this way right now as ranger has terrible basic skillbase - definitely worst of 4 classes. Comparison of EA without q7 to mage sphere is not even a joke.

If they nerf q7 which means mainly nerfing ranger Q7 as for rest of classes depends how strong they want the set it means you are getting some serious boost in skillset. No doubts about that. You shouldn't be afraid of that as this would be good for rangers in longterm id done well. Of course issue may be possible recraft of weapon but it doesn't need to be inevitable.

I don't think they just want to nerf q7, I would be very suprised at least. I think this time balance indeed means balance with all consequences. For me as a person who was advocating rangers q7 rebalance with skill buff from months it's pretty obvious what Jesse meant. I was tester in couple games as well balancing items and skills and i know from my own experience how inconveniant sth like q7 issue with ranger is. I can't imagine it isn't issue for Bp but for balancing reasons they of course didn't want to touch infamous ranger and q7. It's understandable however at some point they will have to do it. But again I strongly believe it's "balance" not "nerf"...

8. sargon234

which is why all the other sets have to buffed to compensate for that nerf

I'm not advocating complete nerf of q7 without buffing up the other sets, because i know the consequences

9. Cyanogen

Cyanogen Forum Apprentice

Remove all class q7 bonus my idea

10. sargon234

and make it useless then? That's as bad as nerfing it outright without adjusting the other sets or nerfing the bosses and it will completely wreck the ranger class, which is balanced around q7

Do people put some thought into the things they propose?

11. DBS-Flamelurker

DBS-Flamelurker Exceptional Talent

And SW >>> All ;)

It will not only ruin Ranger, but also DK and SM.

- SM loses a lot of damage.
    - DK loses 50% dps. :D

If you remove Q7, DK, Ranger and SM need skill buffs as SW has received for the simple reason that it doesn't have a good Q7.

There are 4 classes in this game, not just one.

12. KingsGambit

KingsGambit Forum Expert

Yeah it wrecks DK as well, SM i would argue about. BUT ranger would be ANNIHILATED :D Between wrecked and removed from the game there is slight difference :p

Still Q7 nerf would be good for everybody. Just with skill buffs to ranger and in slightly lesser degree DK.

13. DBS-Flamelurker

DBS-Flamelurker Exceptional Talent

Ranger can still play with potions, how does DK get 50% more dps?

SW is still playing with less potions thanks to how FS works, with double dmg of DK and Singo + Golem.

DK and Ranger need big buff without Q7. :)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  14. DreamWill

DreamWill Forum Commissioner

imho it's pretty easy to rebalance ranger's skills:
    • deadly sweep should mark as primary effect like hunting arrow, not with talent points, and base dmg from 50% to 70%;
    • hunting trap: improve cd from 8s to 10s, 5p stun should be AoE, if not at least increase base dmg and slowing effect (50% dmg and 30% slowing for 1s are a carnival joke);
    • bird of prey redesigned: when you cast it, it overflies a circular area (similar to banner of war) and selects a mob to hit in this area, 3p talent marks all mobs inside this area instead the stricken;
    • blade dance redesigned: it's better if it works as DKs swings instead of like charge;
    • adrenaline: improve 5p talent: +20% concentration per second when it's active;
    • thicket of thorns, 5p works only against marked mobs and, if the enemy doesn't die, it deals 200% poison dmg on it (instead of the AoE explosion), so it can work against bosses too;
    • wolves and trees should inherit defensive stats not only dmg, and tree taunts.
    of course numbers are invented, only to show my ideas
    Another and easier way to solve all RAs' problems is rebalance 1h and 2h sets.

DKs need general dmg improvements on their skills, and mobs must have lower base dmg and higher speed (both attack and movement).
    SWs and SMs need some improvements in some skills that don't work good, but it's not my work, i don't say nothing for other classes.

Eventually: the most op set for everyone isn't q7, but dragan.

I'm hoping in a new rebalance, but it must be thought with the head and not with the feet: we need skills rebalance, sets rebalance and mobs rebalance, not only one.
    I'm really curious what they will do: this will be their last chance for me.

DBS-Flamelurker likes this.