Support Question about the game data

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by PeriCore, Mar 20, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. PeriCore

PeriCore Forum Greenhorn

Greetings.

I in fact haven't played for almost a year now and I have noticed a significant, and for me very negative change. After re-installing the game because my game files apparently needed it, I have noticed the game being already finished downloading. Which is weird.

After entering the game I found the explanation to that. Game data apparently now downloads while you play. I cannot entirely confirm it, but considering all the white spots and low-poly models I have been confronted with, this seems to be very much the case. My simple question is: Why?

I have a very slow Internet connection and I'm more than happy if I can download a 6 Gigabyte game over a night. And seeing this change frustrates me, it doesn't do my Internet any good and honestly lowers my experience.

I have been around for long enough in this game. And this was never the case. Any secret options?

Regards ~ PeriCore

2. Talbor

Talbor Active Author

I just recently started playing again too after a year or so away from the game & I unfortunately found this out too after reformatting my PC to try fixing the game client. During last event the client started keeping my CPU pegged at 100%, so that was my last resor & never thought to backup the folder first. I noticed the download bar was gone and the temp file was approx. 10x smaller & Googled it and found some threads about it...too late though, lol. I love the game, but it's barely playable now.