quistions about the testserver.

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Drum043, Dec 19, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drum043

Drum043 Forum Greenhorn

hello everybody i have a quistion , the last weeks i`m playing on the testserver and suddenly i heard from a guy on youtube that if you aks a admin from your own country that he could make a account on the testserver for you with 1 max lvl character and much andermant to make your acc good for playing on the testserver. I wanted to aks this because i have an old and good account on the lifeserver and i wanted to maybe test some stuff out on the testserver if that is possible :) can you guys let me know somthing? my country is The Netherlands (holland)

2. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Ha ha. No.

Don't believe everything you hear on the internet.

There was indeed a mass gift of resources a while back to test server characters on a separate test server but that was temporary and reversed.

3. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Also, any sort of official Test Server freebies/testing is announced on the forums. There are occasional players, like our very own Trakilaki that get a little bit of special treatment on the test server because of his work with the wiki. If it were not for that, he would not be able to continue to bring us the high quality content that the wiki is know for.

Here is the way you can know it is legit. If you are talking to them on the test server and their name is orange (admin), then they have the ability and rights to do what they say. Anyone else is trying to scam you.

trakilaki likes this.
  4. Drum043

Drum043 Forum Greenhorn

ahhh ok thanks for the reply but how can you become a tester for drakensang? like a admin or that person with a little special treatment? :)

5. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Making a real contribution to the game like traki does would help.

trakilaki likes this.
  6. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

To be one of the "orange guys" you will have to submit a job application via BP's website.
    To get a "special treatment" you have to do more than just playing the game.
    In example i am a member of many communities ... including few gaming communities. That will help you understand how the communities are working together. Being a member of the Pirate Community helped me a lot. You see ... a real pirate would never sell you a pirated software/game ... those are scammers not pirates. Real pirate would share it for free ... and tell you "if you like the product please buy it and support the developers". This is the crucial part ... because you will have to accept the fact that you ... as a person with "special treatment" will have to work, give and contribute without taking any money for your contribution . You will have to decide if you are fine with that or not ... because it takes a lot of time, effort and real life sacrifices.
    Then you have to know a lot of people in the game and forums ... but most important part is to know few people at right position. I am in contact with the QA guys and I was in contact with the past CMs : Haruki, Greg, Clayton (i hear there is a new CM for quite some time but I don't know them since they never contacted me like the previous CMs did).
    Then you have to be a active forum poster ... because everything you say in the forums will be read by ^ them ... then they will ask you something like "is that real? why do you think it is that way and what would be the best way so we can improve the game experience" ... and by presenting the community's issues (because you are the one who knows most of them ^ remember?) the issues get solved in a way acceptable for both parties (players and the company).
    Then you have to be a active TS player ... that is the place you test at and find things that are not working as intended. Those "orange guys" are your people to contact and report a bug. Forums are limited with the reports ... and the support is not directly connected with the dev team ... so those QA guys are best option to report a bug since they are in direct connection with the dev team ... they are doing that as a part of their jobs after all.
    Be modest and don't take credits for something you haven't done. There was a talk in this forum and Wigger said there is a bug with Dragan's Set ... I did check and there was really a bug ... so i made a report to the "right person" ... and then he said "we could reproduce the bug it will be fixed probably after New Year ... thanks to your find" ... and I said "oh no no no it was not me who have found the bug it was another player" (sorry Wigger i didn't mention your name :p )
    Last but not the least ... you can jump in the "mod's bandwagon" :p they are getting free stuff at TS ... OR ... you can be a Wiki admin/contributor like me. There is no NL DSO Wiki version yet ... so you can start one :p

Dragonnns likes this.
  7. Viki

Viki Forum Mogul

Tssse, why not? :p

8. Drum043

Drum043 Forum Greenhorn

thank you for the reply Trakilaki i understand most of what you are saying but the only thing that i don`t understand is how does wiki work? and why is there no NL page for wiki because there are much NL players on drakensang online and can you tell me how to make one because i think i want to make a page special for NL players ;)

-MERGED-

can you maybe just give me all information about the testserver that you know? it would be very helpful ;)

Last edited by moderator: Dec 22, 2017
  9. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

I knew you would reply in his name :p
    There is no NL Wiki because no one created one yet ... you can easily start a new Wiki in your language http://www.wikia.com/Special:CreateNewWiki

You start a wiki and all players contribute and make edits ... sharing their knowledge and helping each other.
    All I know about the game is here

10. Drum043

Drum043 Forum Greenhorn

ok thx for the reply ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.