R174

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by NKA, Sep 16, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NKA

NKA Forum Greenhorn

2. GodChronos

GodChronos Forum Expert

The tier 3 armor [20% increased damage + 800 Armor, etc...] is pretty good for people who only reached level 50 and dont have a better one.

Also now that it shows what tier the item is, we can save 0.7 seconds on checking it ourselfs!

3. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

That set is actually rather good. Combined with the Heredur's set, it will be very impressive on 1H DKs and will make frost sphear based mages' lives difficult. Sure, it isn't the highest DPS torso around, but it has the equivalent of two perfect %damage lines and two respectable armor lines. And the decoration night even be useful on its own. That is basically 3x high crit lines and a crit damage line garter than what can be seen on an item. If I can make a crit damage belt instead of a crit belt, I'd actually use that decoration without the torso.

And none of that (beyond the SW comment) even considers the elemental resist or the usefulness of a 5 second cut to iron brow's cool down. That is a PW unique done right. I will actively be farming that T3 boss.

I can't wait to see these for the other classes.

4. NKA

NKA Forum Greenhorn

And after the release, that is happen all day.

[​IMG]

5. vicmaister99

vicmaister99 Forum Greenhorn

i think drakensang team should put a khalys set, so q5 is dead now, people only do q5 port for achievement

6. joe6699

joe6699 Junior Expert

Cooldown time for iron brow reduced by 5 seconds...that's a good way to kill pvp, DKs gains an incredible advantage. Unless they removed concentration cost for blade dance LOL....

7. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

If you think q7 has a poor drop ... wait for these new maps and you will rediscover the real meaning of the term "poor drop" :D :D
    I don't even know why are they making new maps when no one will play them anyway.

Morinphen likes this.
  8. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

That set is worth getting.. it is comparable to gold line legendary numbers when the set bonus of 250 crit is considered, without considering some of the bonus effects.

Think of it this way:
    900 crit = 3.61x max crit lines
    20% crit damage = 1.18x max crit dam lines

20% weapon damage = 2x max weapon damage % lines
    800 armor = 1.82x max DK armor lines

Just looking at these lines gets you 7.61x perfect lines, without consider the value of ice resist or cooldown boosts. And very few people have 4x perfect line legendaries. Mosr probably settle for 95% or 97% perfect lines in crafting.

Edit: 8.61x, not 7.61x. So assuming this is the mix of stats you wanted on these 2 pieces, it is better than legendary items. I left my original post as it was.

Max adornment lines - 249 for crit, 17% for crit dam %.
    Max torso lines = 10% increased damage, 440 dk torso armor.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
    _Baragain_ and EhtovK like this.
  9. GodChronos

GodChronos Forum Expert

If q9 is gorga than is Q10 Balor or nefartari? Balor in fatal mode would be just a really smart move.

10. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

It is a little bit inaccrurate, as bonuses are no upgradable. So its no 900 of crit we should care about, but 650*lvl55 + 250 divided by 249*lvl55, whatever the upgrade coefs are. But anyway, it is finally a set that one can consider.
    Meduza :)

_Baragain_ likes this.
  11. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

some kind of pw destructor I think....

That's true - so it is 7.61x legendary value of upgradeable lines and slightly more than 1x of nonupgradeable lines as they are in the set bonus. You still come out ahead, especially if you think any of the resist bonuses or special effects are worth anything.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  12. _Baragain_

249 upgraded to LVL 55 is 308.9, so the "conversion factor" is 0.806. So, if you get both items to level 55, you have the equivalent of 8.41 perfect lines, and that is doesn't account for the resistance on top, or the tactical bonuses of the cool down reduction or frost/lightning strike. It is truly a useful set and is in stark contrast to the last set that they released. Ironically, every PW set that they've released with a weapon (Arachna, Bearach, Herald) is useless, but the other three sets have a lot of utility, even when compared to high end legendaries. What this tells me is that BP has no clue what makes a weapon good or useful and haven't come up with a mechanic good enough to justify the crappy stats on the weapon itself. This even applies to the new full moon set. The weapon is garbage and the set bonus doesn't overcome that enough to justify considering the full set. There is no good unique weapon right now when compared to high end legendaries and even the ones that are OK are too hard to obtain compared to a legendary to justify farming for them.

EhtovK likes this.
  13. trakilaki

That is not true.
    Ask any noob ... they will tell you "I am after predator because it is the best bow in the game" :D

_Baragain_ likes this.
  14. Hiro73

Hiro73 Forum Expert

Q9 Gorga, Q10 Destructor

15. GodChronos

GodChronos Forum Expert

What about medusa?

16. _Baragain_

I could see that.

17. trakilaki

Medusa can only be a miniboss...she is not a world boss anyway.

18. GodChronos

GodChronos Forum Expert

When you quote me on stuff and give me a notification I actually dont remember what did I say...

19. wenny0119

wenny0119 Junior Expert

...I will....because there aren't anything else good to play when you're lvl 50...
    And talking about poor drop, when q7 first came out nothing dropped in the first map...
    I also used to think Predator is the best unique bow...but now I changed my mind. I got a leg shortbow from the daily quest reward with a really high crit rate, but with only 2 slots and slow attack speed...

20. _Baragain_

Says who? Did you forget that Heredur, Arachna, and Bearach are all bosses similar in nature to Medusa? Medusa would make plenty of sense. The only reason why we might not see her featured as a PW end boss is because Atlantis is unique because it is the only area that has two "bosses."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.