R182

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by trakilaki, Jan 13, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

R182 brings more hotkey bars (15 day trial)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Troneck86

Troneck86 Forum Great Master

Now, if only we got a second Knowledge Tree tab, I could see the usefulness of this.

3. Opalsion

Opalsion Junior Expert

Hmm, why 15 day trial? Do we need premium or something for this hotkey bar?

4. trakilaki

Why trial... I don't know ...maybe they will be available only to premium users and I have no premium.

5. Gevilson

Gevilson Active Author

Does this mean it will be possible to use every skill (e.g. the ones with long cooldowns in one bar and the frequently used ones in another bar), or are there restrictions to how often it can be changed or where?

6. trakilaki

Who needs more than one skill bar? You can't even make those other skills effective since you have no enough skill points.

7. BlackHat

BlackHat Junior Expert

The first 3 will be free?
    What would be the utility to have more?

8. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

Anything else in this release? Long gone are the times of packed releases, LOL.

9. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

Will the next skill bar use the same numbers or continue on from 8 ?
    Can you use items from both skill bars at the same time, or only from the currently showing bar?
    Does the whole bar rotate, or just the numbered section?
    Will we be able to shift the mouse wheel to rotating the bars instead of the useless zoom?

I wouldn't mind having another bar to put my bombs/frost bombs in, to put my spirit stones in, to put my 30 minute buffs in, to put my 3 minute buffs in, etc.

10. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Probably a few new bugs :D

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

jayr3d and Morinphen like this.
  11. Morinphen

Same numbers, they're just for quick shifting between different skill setups. Only one usable at a time, of course.
    As it looks, it's only for the first seven slots, not the mouse and TAB ones as well. IDK about the zoom, but that's totally something else.
    I'm guessing you'll switch via clicks and maybe some other button if they put it so in the Settings.

You can't and don't need to put Spirit Stones on the bar, as you use them via the group window. The others you mentioned can indeed go into the skill-bar, but this is not extra storage space (plus, those things remain in the inventory even if they're added to the bar).

12. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

Umm... last time I checked, you CAN'T use spirit stones in the group window when YOU ARE NOT IN A GROUP.
    I spend more spirit stones on random people in wilderness areas than I do in groups. So, yes you would put them into the bar as an extra bar spot would be much easier than covering up 1/3 of my screen while I'm trying to get to them in the inventory in the middle of a battle.

Maybe I should have called myself "Twili-SOLO". ;) *snickers*

13. Morinphen

Most of us use them on allies... when grouped :p. Why would you use precious Spirit Stones that way xD ?

14. trakilaki

New options in the settings

[​IMG]

That too :D

Morinphen, Troneck86 and sebastian_fl like this.
  15. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

Why do I help those I don't know? Because I can. I know religion topics are frowned upon here, but the answer to the question is just that. When I'm in a wilderness area and come across a large crowd overwhelming someone, I will pitch in. And if they fall, revive them. Most of the time, I can prevent that latter cycle just by helping. In Twilight Downs, sometimes it means my death. And now, as you've explained the "common" attitude, I understand why it's very rare that someone revives me in the many times I've fallen in that map (Christmas with the Lvl 50's was pure murder there on my character).

In the past I've had problems doing quests (or keeping quests from "doing" for me by group members) while in a group. As such, I don't often group. However, some quests (defence of subject) sometimes require a group (fox in Stalgard). Once I just need exp, then I'll group all over the place with those who are within 2 levels of me.

Recently, I've been grouping more in opal shrine cause of survivability. I have noticed that in doing so, I spend a lot of time helping others battle and they do quests and my quests move along very slowly. I'm not complaining about that as the others are not affecting my quests (involves personal hands on of items) and my exp is moving along a tiny bit faster than usual.

Morinphen likes this.
  16. trakilaki

New descriptions

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You better throw them away ... you won't be killing anything with them :)

Morinphen likes this.
  17. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

Why not? I mean, currently I don't kill anything with them cause I forget about them and they are difficult to get to in the middle of a battle. But on a quick bar slot, would be much easier.

18. Morinphen

Well, glad to see a random warm heart every now and then. Respect to you! But I, for one, totally miss the point of open-PvP (only ever witnessed it creating chaos and quarrels), so anything that goes there is irrelevant and a waste of resources for practically nothing to me (again, that's just me). Anyway, the "common" attitude will appear more meaningful to you once you get into an established guild and/or a constant group of friends, and even more so once you get to end-game and start optimizing. You'll see that in such circumstances, you'll expect and be expected to team-work properly, including revives - so that is the reason why I was surprised at using stones alternatively.
    Because despite the grand description in the tooltip, they don't do much actual damage. Not common to stumble upon, and if you ask me, they're a total waste of a gambling prize - rare and unappealing; would be wondrous if they'd be replaced in the Rune Stones with Amphorae Keys.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  19. Troneck86

Troneck86 Forum Great Master

Or at the very least, mana potions.

20. trakilaki

sebastian_fl you should build me a Great Monument at Grimmag :p

Old Grimmagstone low level items have been fixed in R182 ... but I have found a "small bug" :)
    I have a low level focus at TS ... so i was testing it if it is working as it should when upgraded ...

[​IMG]

and I got these results :D

[​IMG]

190% critical damage in a single line

Fortunately ... i have reported the bug and it was fixed immediately .
    R182 came to live servers without this bug :p

MikeyMetro likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.