R202

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by MikeyMetro, Nov 28, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

There a little detail: noone has agreed with you, so to call that a standard is bollocks, you were just making things up

2. Fugnuts

Fugnuts Forum Master

I have to say that you have a point there.No wonder it takes so long for them to fix or even bother to tweak the balance a bit.And now this premium dropping refiners and cores....one thing is certain, those with deluxe will have a great advantage over the others simply because you wont be able to upgrade anything with the amount of drakens that you get from events as a non premium user, but if u are a deluxe and a crazy farmer which does 300-400+ cubes a day you will have an endless supply of augument cores/soul/pristine and refiners.I dont see how increasing the gap between premium players and non premium players is supposed to fix the balance ...it is more like the opposite.

Cant wait to see what new lies they will post in their next dev letter.

semen470, Javah and Gevilson like this.
  3. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

it is clear that the maximum gain is what drives a profit company to manage and maintain a product. This is also evident in DSO management. Players who are currently not paying will be more and more constrained to decide whether they want to remain uncompetitive and then make a story to themselves, or whether they want to fall into the elite and in that case pay the entrance ticket and their stay.

The f2p will therefore only be exclusively intended to those who want to get in touch with the game and decide if they like it before they start paying, or who enjoys walking around for the maps without any ambition to take the lead.

semen470 likes this.
  4. iNeXoRaBlE

iNeXoRaBlE Forum Great Master

Hello there, can somebody post a picture of the new lifekeeper? Thanks :)

5. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

6. sargon234

It's a shame that they put them under time limited sales, i would put them under permanent sale, like what happens with life keeper and the other items

7. jslaughter

jslaughter Forum Apprentice

Can anyone tell me if the mystic cubes on the test server have gems in them still or have they been removed?

8. couda22

couda22 Forum Commissioner

Gems still drop from the mystic cubes.

9. jslaughter

jslaughter Forum Apprentice

Thanks

10. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

Some of the new items are gonna to have an important effect on the choices of the players. So it seems fair to me that they are treated as elitist items, at least at the beginning. As a free player I obviously do not like the idea of having to start to spend in order to obtain the mystic cubes, but as the opposite I appreciate the possibility to get a certain amount of cores in other ways, still totally free. As a general though, all this does not seem too wrong: the best things have to be desired, and it is right that it takes time and effort.

rogue07 and semen470 like this.
  11. heror

heror Forum Baron

This game goes a really bad way. Has anybody heard of the game EDIT . The gap between payers adn non payers is not that big i mean the only difference is that paying players will get more loot but that loot aint the one that is beneficial for your dps , something like mastery lv and so on...You can be f2p and still solo the highest lv dungeons so the grind is pretty much the same for everyone.In my opinion paying should only be way to get faster to the desired item not to make it the only way possible.Now in dso to get augment cores you need drakens which are time locked due to drakens being obtainable only from events which occur 2 or 3 times in a month which is laughable.Im an old player f2p and i made a break for 5-6 months and when i came back everyone was soo powerful compared to me because of these cubes infernal .1 and 2 , now imagine that with this change a deluxe user for 1 day will make what a normal player makes for 2-3 weeks absolute garbage in terms of logical thinking. And this is not making money from your product, its EXTRACTING ALL YOU CAN FORM THE PLAYERS

Last edited by moderator: Dec 3, 2017
  12. rogue07

rogue07 Someday Author

[EDIT]

on topic:

i like that they're bringing back new sets, the premium weapon for SW will help out newer SWs until they get herald set and finish crafting on to them -- assuming they have the gold for it.

lots of older sets i use for vanity reasons I'll prob update or get lvl 55 versions of, which im quite happy for :D

as for trakilaki's hate for hoaxbows.... well, mostly all MMOs follow a meta, and right now the meta is "hoaxbows" which without, rangers have been the weakest in PvE in terms of dealing damage... but now, with "hoaxbow" set, rangers are the top damage dealers so i really dont see a reason why any ranger would complain... being stubborn to give up an old playstyle is just ridiculous really. an MMO is a constantly evolving thing, and when players refuse to accept and evolve with the game, then its really on them and no one else.

longbow/shortbow builds are fun for PvP but for PvE siegebow or namely herald set is the way to go.

BUT, sure.. any player with all sacred/royal gems and a couple hundred million GoP can pretty much do anything but that doesnt mean its efficient. when you're spending half an hour primarily spamming quickshots at a boss with longbow/shortbow builds, whereas you could be using herald set and killing the boss in less than half the time, with about 20x more EAs than you were capable of firing off with the former.... there's really no need to explain beyond that.

rangers complained about being weak before "hoaxbows" and now they're the strongest dmg dealers. diversity isn't a necessity.

and speaking of diversity, truth be told... unlike spellweavers, rangers with herald set can actually opt for using witch seeker set instead of using sigris set. spellweavers need sigris set to function, otherwise at mobs until boss, your resource:damage output doesnt sustain.

as a SW im all kinds of jealous because, a ranger doesnt only naturally have much more powerful skills, but at the same time are capable of using 2 alternative set bonuses without any real loss. you can use spider cloak and black spider adornment (with unique 5% extra dmg, not a lot but still something) and getting a 2 set bonus of extra crit rate. and switching out sigris set for witch seeker set: the only shoulder item with damage increase enchant, at t5 i think about 10%+ and a set bonus that grants 11% attack speed and 22% increase dmg.

what sacrifice is made? 5 seconds off adrenaline... reality is, with herald set you dont need adrenaline that often anyway. free EA spam, and if you use the 40% chance of no net cooldown on impact, thats another free EA spam again. imagine you emptied your concentration with EA and then used adrenaline, emptied concentration again, then used herald buff net and spammed EA, lets say the 40% procced and now you spam EA again... by now your adrenaline is off cooldown or just a couple seconds away from being off cooldown, then you use adrenaline again = more EA spam. you shoot off a couple quickshots, maybe throw an eagle for some extra dps and maybe shoot thicket too, and soon net is off cooldown .... wash, rinse, repeat.

this playstyle is not only the easiest out of all classes I've played, but also the most mobile and efficient. you can be at any distance to do all of this, and itll still be the same damage output. you can run around as much as you like, etc.

so please, stop complaining about "hoaxbows"

1- its called meta, and games that have implemented metas have a very strict rule about it. either get with the program or be left out of it and complain. as a true gamer, i prefer the former over the latter, keeps me up to speed on the current content and unlike most players... I dont believe in being stubborn to change playstyles to fit the current evolution.

I will say the same if someday 2h became crap and i have to start over from scratch and build my sw as a 1h -- if 1h becomes the meta.

2- bp apologist is just a term you came up with, solely because i dont support your idealistic views. i disagree with BP where it matters, but i dont jump to whine the second there's something with a price tag on it. i understand its a business.
    I am very objective when it comes to this, are you? can you in all honesty say, you don't just speak for yourself and what you find unpleasant, instead of the entire playerbase and the game itself?

its true skepticism is a very important part of being able to give productive feedback, but there is a line between skepticism and idealism. one is fueled by an objective mindset while the other runs on subjective preferences.

p2w = pay to win.
    how do you think the premium staff makes you a winner? that's hysterical lol.
    premium staff will still be crap compared to a perfectly crafted herald set -- only place it comes in handy is: a means to keep your dmg from being absolute crap prior to getting the meta set.

i.e. convenience ONLY.

truth be told, as for the augment cores in cubes... 90% sure they will remove that prior to live server release, they would obviously know it wouldn't look good in the eyes of the primary playerbase.

and once more, i dont see pw sets dropping in cubes still in that image so, at the end of the day its still just a few 30k melts and nothing more. unless you're a newbie that has really bad uncrafted non-unique items.

sorry for the rant, will stay on topic hereon :)
    I just wanted to relay a message to try and end a toxic trend that's been plaguing the forums for far too long now... its just distracting everyone from making real productive feedback and criticism, pretty much leaving out all the real issues that need to be addressed :/

1- pride blinds you. i am a newer player but why i know what i know is due to thorough investigation, unlike most players i dont run around just playing the game. when i play a game, i calculate, i read all possible info before and after i get involved in the game -- which is btw how i know about things before my time on dso -- and i make sure understand all classes, learn about whats efficient. i read archives, i befriend older players and ask around, i cross-reference.

my focus is efficiency, and that means im willing to grow with the game and embrace its future. while you, not really. most of your time on thee forums have been spent either trolling or complaining --- dont get me wrong, i absolutely adore your work on the wiki providing players an information network that is not provided by DSO team which in actuality they should, and i also appreciate your commitment to providing new information on releases on test server and etc, from whence comes my respect for you.

but dont be blinded assuming just because you've been here for longer, i am incapable of knowledge on par with your own. i enjoy learning things and more than the actual game, ive enjoyed breaking down the physics and its concept more.

2- when i said stop complaining, i didnt mean it as a literal oppression of your freedom of speech. this is an epitome of blowing things out of proportion. i explained in-depth why "hoaxbows" are great and it's brought rangers into the damage dealing meta. so my "stop complaining" = understand it happened for the best of the class, so appreciate it and let go of your stubbornness for change.

3- the consumers can make a demand, but the original product is a concept, the concept stays true to the vision of the party/parties involved in its inception.
    which is why dso PR team replies to our suggestions with, "we will suggest this to the developers and see if it coincides with their vision for the game, and if it does you can hope to see it implemented in the future"

customers have a right to make a demand, but do you really think if people made a demand that KFC (kentucky fried chicken) should be replaced with beef, that it would be seriously considered?

yeah of course not. the consumers have to understand the original product before making a demand of what they would like to change, if the original product's concept itself is the flaw --- then the problem is the not the product, its your preference. at which point the solution is? find a product that better suit your tastes.

drakensang has been expanding its diversity in a multitude of ways since it's inception, but diversifying everything makes the concept itself lose structure and consolidation. in some aspects the product needs to maintain a level of stability to ensure it's growth. if your problem was the leaves on the tree, we could trim the leaves or nurture it to grow it's branches in different directions and grow leaves differently. but if your problem is the tree or it's roots, you simply cannot change its foundation. face that fact.

you enjoy blowing things out of proportion and using your elite status turn serious and productive suggestions and inputs into laughingstocks and completely removing the post and the poster of all serious consideration.

as much as i respect you for your productive contribution to the game, what disappoints me your shortsightedness.

have a good day trakilaki

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    ULTRAPEINLICH likes this.
  13. sargon234

Sure yeah, let's make all classes similar to each other, without any diversity, let's force the players to 1 type of build, 2 hand weapon and make those who decide otherwise to be a lower caste.

There needs to be some specialization in the classes, you can't make all the classes perfect clones of each others, using the same type of weapons
    At least if you want to do that, expands the classes that lack options, like SW and dwarf, give them some sort of hybrid 2h/1h build to play, like rangers have.The rangers that complained did not know what they were doing

Also, if in the game you can buy power with real world money, the game is Pay 2 win, there is not escape from that. The only way this game wouldn't have been pay to win is if you could only buy cosmetics staff with real money.
    Not that i am against pay2win, it's necessary evil to keep the game running, but we need to correct BP apologists like you from spreading propaganda

Last edited by moderator: Dec 4, 2017
  14. Erebus

Erebus User

A brief interjection, please refrain from rant-a-thons and focus on the topic at hand, which is TS-R202, best regards.

rogue07 likes this.
  15. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

I have not seen any new images of items
    I would like to see what the weapon for DK from prem shop will be in english please also maybe items for DK
    Also the automated set
    Any other new weapons would be appreciated too
    Cant someone please post images of all new items out there so that we know what to expect please

16. Eldhrim

Eldhrim Forum Greenhorn

Will this update come before or after the Armor of Darkness set sale on Gnob?

17. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Of course they wouldn't be around ... but the truth is no one would be around.
    Because this game would have been dead.
    Paid games are history ... gone with the wind. Nowadays freemium concept is proven to be more efficient to make money.
    Let me quote South Park
    But i am fine with that ... they have every right to make money ... and I am not arguing that. Never was my intention at first place.

1. not you or anyone else can stop me from expressing my thoughts ... my every single observation and post made has proven to be accurate even given ahead of time . Just read my old posts.
    2. You tell people to "stop complaining" if you don't like or disagree with their opinion ... but is same time you said "rangers complained about being weak before "hoaxbows" :) So that was good ... but now you are not allowed just stop it :D
    3. You say you came into the game recently ... but then again you know everything about the game even what was going on in the past years in which you were not present.
    4. Lets assume I am a head of a company and you are one of the "master mind" developers in the same company.
    We have a game/restaurant with a weekly menu:
    Sunday: Meal 1
    Monday:Meal 2
    Tuesday:Meal 3
    Wednesday:Meal 4
    Thursday:Meal 5
    Friday:Meal 6
    Saturday: Meal 7
    and the menu is the same for each consecutive week.
    I am giving you a task to make a new menu so we can expand our business by making the offer wider so our customers would love it ... and in same time we would bring more and more customers. Therefore expanding our business and making more profits ... but keeping the customers happy and satisfied.
    And your "master plan" is the following:
    we are going to shorten the menu each consecutive month but we are adding more meals per day ... until we come to the final menu:
    Sunday: Breakfast - Beans, Dinner - Beans, snack - Beans, Supper - Beans
    Monday: Breakfast - Beans, Dinner - Beans, snack - Beans, Supper - Beans
    Tuesday: Breakfast - Beans, Dinner - Beans, snack - Beans, Supper - Beans
    Wednesday: Breakfast - Beans, Dinner - Beans, snack - Beans, Supper - Beans
    Thursday: Breakfast - Beans, Dinner - Beans, snack - Beans, Supper - Beans
    Friday: Breakfast - Beans, Dinner - Beans, snack - Beans, Supper - Beans
    Saturday: Breakfast - Beans, Dinner - Beans, snack - Beans, Supper - Beans

Because
    all surveys and scientific experiments are pointing out that the Beans is the healthiest, most beneficial and most effective product of them all. So we don't need diversity but efficiency .

I ... as a head of the company ... i'm so gonna fire you without any conscience of guilt on my mind.
    We don't decide what is good or bad for them ... they (our customers) are the ones who decide that. They are the ones who know what is best for their health and for their body. we just need large and wide variety of offers.
    Most expensive food like Caviar are not making most of the profits ... cheapest dishes like omelet and Pizza are making higher profits.
    If our customers like to have fast food ... we are going to have fast food in our menu.

It is the same in a game.
    Devs don't decide what is best for the players and what is the most efficient way of playing it. The players decide what items they want to have in their possession.
    A game is made so the people can have fun ... not to be efficient. The more fun the people have the more likely they will spend more and more money in the game. The more various items and sets you have in the game ... the more money you can/will make.
    Satisfied people spend more than people who are limited to do something in one way and no other.

In reality the "beans theory" is proven to be one of the main reasons for: failed marriages, failed games, failed lives, failed careers, failed companies ... failed (you name it).
    Before Gnob's offer comes at live servers or in same time.
    I have posted some of the items (scroll up) ... what you are asking is almost impossible to do.
    But all sets/items are same /similar for all classes.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  18. Totentamten

Totentamten Junior Expert

Can some1 show me how 1h Dragonknight mace - Lifekeeper - from The Ghastly Gnob looks like?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  19. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

20. Totentamten

Totentamten Junior Expert

Yea my mistake, it is mace, sorry. Wiki shows current version, but I heard the new one will have 0,4% not 0,8% like now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.