R222

Discussion in 'Test Server' started by trakilaki, Aug 21, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

There was a special event in Sept of 2016 which introduced the desert first.
    As for more content coming.

I copied the url in the timeframe of that question and it is answered pretty well.
    There is also a brief view of the Sargon map incoming, yes Sargon, and remember when I asked for one last dragan before sargon comes and instead we got a dtu?
    Well, with sewers incoming in Oct I do believe sargon might be here in Nov.
    Personally I would rather put my money on a cardhun expansion <- and a big one at that.
    The reason is simple really, if you are in cardhun go to where the jesters used to be "theres a big ol door there that was not there before"
    I believe the non cardhun expansion is 2020/2021.
    I have an essembly of media that shows that they do have amazing plans.
    Including this guy:
    [​IMG]
    He looks like he means business, would love to see the unique gear that accompanies him.
    Lol edit nr3 or 4?
    One more thing
    and let me grab a picture quickly so that I can tie the words for you properly.
    There is this guy:
    [​IMG]
    yes yes that video is from dso behind the scenes 2/2
    But remember when you do the crafting quest 9/9 that guy tells you there is a legendary master crafter?
    I believe the master crafter he mentions to be this guy and the bad guy that he opposes the horned guy.
    I believe this to be the cardhun expansion and very well not told by gd fedelis in that stream.
    Bear in mind if there is any level 60 on the way forward be it in 2 months or a year, we all have glyphs gems and crafted gear, which will make the leveling to level 60 trivial.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  2. MaxDisappointed

MaxDisappointed Forum Master

Probably these players who buy the attires only cause the events to be increasingly long and tedious, because the devs would think that with the attire it would be very easy and increase the difficulty or progress required to finish them, hindering and punishing the current players who do not want to spend money on a free-to-play, they are doing a disservice to the game and the community.

3. darkwarss

darkwarss Forum Apprentice

Well, its quite clear to see that active players count dropped and with that.. the money income from the game.. They are probably trying to soak as much money as possible before the game dies. You can see how this is a trend now - long, boring events and if you want to finish them quickly, you will need to spend money. We are missing short and rewarding events as the old times.. Can't blame them, money rules the world, not the fun and enjoyment of a player base.

4. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

Yes it is hard to finish an event, dtu was hard but I gained 8k damage from it and pets.
    Anniversary is hard and its a megaload of grinding, but what one seems to miss is, if this event did not keep me busy what would?
    Next up they do give 2 weeks deluxe now every 2 months with pve leaderboard.
    I finish this anniversary event and I will have gained so much from it, helios amulet, xmas rune, free double clovers buff for 2 months from amulet.
    As far as I know they are working on content, this requires a higher income, for that I dont mind.

5. MaxDisappointed

MaxDisappointed Forum Master

Well, that's because you are starting in another server so any new event will help you a lot.
    I was not talking about last DtU or Anniversary when I said this, I'm just referring to a possible future if some players keeps buying those unnecessary buffs, the devs may end up thinking that they can increase even more the required progress and mess up the coming events, it is just something that gave me to think that it could happen.

6. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

I can agree with reasoning like that.
    Back on the r222 topic, it does not seem like the uniques will change that much this year.
    Sewers weapon is nothing special, and the stack from 4 pieces of the set is too long, 5 pieces etc needs too many hits too.

7. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

That is nothing new, it has always existed in the game (since the beginning) and there is no reason to be discontinued.
    Players who are supporting the game financially should access small perks ... there is nothing wrong with it.
    There used to be TGC , during the glory days of the game. TGC players were getting rewards that other players couldn't get. Many of the costumes, pets and emotes players are using now were actually exclusive TGC content back then.
    I don't see how can attires and other items in the cash shop affect F2P's play.
    For me personally those items are useless ... since I am not planning to switch to 2h ever.
    But a lot of players are raising their voice lately ... asking for 1H sets and items. One can't just force people to adopt to their idea of how something should be done because the game will lose substantial player base and in same time it is putting a lock for new coming players. Why should the new coming players adopt to someone's will when they can just simply get back to other games where they can do whatever they want.

As for grinding ... it seems like every next event is having exponentially higher grind than the previous one.
    Sewers event is not an exception too.
    It is like they are making a game for the Asian market.

Javah and rcch like this.
  8. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

they could make events that have useful sets for both 1h and 2h players

trakilaki and vegetadavid like this.
  9. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

Then they would have to add a bot or idle playing mode or something like that...

Nope, I think they're just doing crap they don't really understand or they're listening to a bunch of idiots that play the highest modes out there no-life and complain that they do things too fast, so they make events that can be only done that way (or somebody pays them to do crap).

10. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

Well not to sound like someone whom does not know what to pick, but this is being implemented in other games, and the methodology behind it is, you can labour hard to finish the event or do the pay to ease option, look if it works it works.
    Me personally, whne I have a weekend to decently farm bloodmoon this is what I plan to do, so I can get core and runes, hopefully at that.
    Which is what I suspect sargon will do, as you know I have asked many times for 1h and 2h versions of all pw sets, I believe sargon weapon etc will be a nice addition.

11. sargon234

they are probably listening to a bunch of whales and gangbangers and want to appeal to them, so of course they have a skewed view of the game and make these monumentally bad events and changes
    Also, the devs probably test the game using god mode with free resources, so of course they don't know anything about the game
    they don't even know how the classes work

Add to that the fact that managers only want to drive away players to profit off whales and gangbangers

12. trakilaki

Any reasonable 1H set/items would make nice addition ... Sargon's, Mortis' , new items/sets ... one set doesn't make a difference. it would be like Q7 for all.

anyway ... I don't know if bug or feature ... but here is what I got
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BTW ... that new quest for unlocking the new map is bigger grind alone, than the entire Anniversary event.
    I get 4-5 items in average and I need to collect 200/180/125/12 on all 4 maps. It is like I am doing the old Cloak of Power quest in q6 all over again.

13. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

I apologize but I can't follow you. What new map are you talking about?

Such fun? Waw. Is it worth for some reason at least?

In the Asian market they would collide with giants such as Lost Ark, it would be like challenging a sniper armed with an XM2010 using a slingshot. I hope they will restart to care of us a bit more, avoiding to go to suicide in those markets/areas. Unless they are thinking of raising themselves to something (much) more serious in 2019/2020 ... which would explain where they throw all the money that certainly are still earning here.

1vanka likes this.
  14. sargon234

in other words they made the sewers event, which wasn't all that bad, into a big mess

The anniversary event was fun and easy if you had the resources at least
    but what they are doing now is disgusting

15. trakilaki

As IF they are making game for that market
    That quest needs to be finished so you can gain access to the new map.
    There is a new map and a new map inside the new map ...
    You need to get access through that quest.
    Then you unlock the new Abandoned Sewer Passage map ... where you need to kill 6 worms (using event essences - all monsters there are immune if you are not using those essences). Each worm is like a boss ... the time needed to kill one worm is the same with the time you would need to kill a boss.
    Then you enter the new boss map Hidden Cave where you need to kill this huge pile of intestines

[​IMG]
    I killed it 3 times and I got nothing worth from it.
    That pile is dropping the Rune of Poisonous Thorns

Dzungla and Javah like this.
  16. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

Ah ok, all clear now. Glad to see it is something i can skip with no regret: i do not feel the impulse to get acquainted with any pile of intestines or whatever.

Thanks for clarification.

17. vegetadavid

vegetadavid Forum Mogul

Wow nice this new boss i like it, finally a new one.

18. Azorhaine

Azorhaine Forum Greenhorn

level 60 shoud be closer as you think. When you remember, some time ago they also sent us some kind of questionnaire to mail inbox and they were asking what we are thinking about DSO story, how it fells, if it´s dark atc... It´s clearly that they are planning something.
    They were changing difficulty of game, it was just a preparation to new level cap with higher map difficulties because it would be very easy to play higher difficulties with gears we own now.
    So now we can only discuss what it will be, what region? We have seen clasical duria maps, snow norseland, undersea atlantis, dwarfs mountains, jungles of lortac, deserts of qaizah,,so, what it will be next? How and where should be the story continuing?

19. vegetadavid

vegetadavid Forum Mogul

It was expected for 2018 an extention from Cardhum but since no news, the disrespect is present.

20. Hetsunien

Hetsunien Padavan

Back in the days, all Qiazah region was disguised as an event, months later it came to be that those maps were the true new levels. What do you expect knowing how this game works? New maps will be the sewers, if you ask me, Dracania's underground. They even did a complete set, like that buyable with bone coins, new amulet, runes.

Do you think they have the time to do another maps from scratch?

Existentialist likes this.