Ranger BiS enchantments

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by mauro374, May 29, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mauro374

mauro374 Forum Apprentice

Hello there, I've been a ranger for a long time and for the must part I have kept away from crafting... mostly because I bloody hate RNG... but my guildies manage to get me to try and craft, so... I've read the numerous guides and advice that ppl have posted here and on the wiki and I'd like to ask a few questions regarding enchantments.... I know enchantments in particular pieces of gear are pretty much a must: increased damage on torso, belt and head, crit hit rate on adornment, increased damage on this item on weapon, increased crit damage on rings... those are the ones I've come up with as a matter of preference, but for the rest of the slots I still haven't decided on what is best for my ranger and here is where I'd like the community to help me out of the doubt.
    So, that leaves neck, shoulders, hands and feet... what would be in your opinion the best enchantments to craft in those slots?

2. alchimista

alchimista Forum Pro

Hi Mauro ,

I'm a DK. But DPS are mostly the same ( equip and enchantments ) ( I suppose ).

If you are looking for a true brutal DPS-dmg dealer :

Differences will come from the set you prefer to use but enchantments are a must have on each piece.
    Shoulders : if you are looking for Witch seeker pauldrons ( no need to change them ....you aim at 15% dmg )
    Hands : Faster attack speed , same for every item you will choose to use.
    Neck : Crit Dmg %
    Feet : Travel speed %
    Rings : Crit Dmg %
    Belt : % dmg

Head : due to both valuable values % dmg or crit rate. Depends on your stonie. I crafted a 1/4 dmg and 3/4 crit rate if you mostly play inf2-3 mode ( if you mostly play in pvp head can be easly crafted with 4/4 dmg %...as you can easily reach 80% crit hit rate ).

Hope I 've been helpful

Jhinstalock likes this.
  3. mauro374

Thanks for your input... yes, what I want is as much damage as I can muster from my char...
    That been said... wouldn't be best to go for damage on feet and hands?
    Also... I understand that max crit change is 80%.... but, if I understand you correctly, I could go beyond that for the time I decided to get in the infernal maps?

I mean... I know there is a reduction of the crit hit chance on infernal maps.... what I don't know is if I could get even more crit chance and compensate for that reduction?

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  4. ROOK

ROOK Someday Author

if you want a pve dps built you need at least 70% critHit in inf3 (you reach it around 23k)
    dont worry, with tomorrow rel 209 will be easier increase critHit/Dmg and probably we can use 2crit/2dmg helmet, actually for eg. this is my farm built:

Diames18 likes this.
  5. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

You have omitted to tell us what build are you having on mind ... 1H or 2H?
    Both builds are having completely different approach.

6. Jhinstalock

Jhinstalock Active Author

It's important to have attack speed on gloves because damage on item enchantments dont give you more than a few hundred damage, while more attack speed increases your overall DPS by far more, especially with Q7 buff (1 more arrow in the buff means a lot). As for boots, it's not unheard of to go damage on them, but movement speed is universally super neat. Whenever you get the 50% buff from manuscripts, playing feels so much quicker and clean. You can get over half that buff from boots alone, and even up to 50% with a number of runes. I hope that justifies crafting movement speed ^^

7. mauro374

You are right, I didn't think it would matter.... I've been using an old school blood bow from fullmoon (1h )... for some reason I don't like the idea of siege bows.... but then again, I think I'll switch to the Herald's set as soon as I get my hands on the materi for it...
    Let's say for the sake of argument that I'm still undecided if going 1h or 2h... I know Herald's set is the way to go if taking the 2h route, what would be the option for the 1h route ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.