Reached 50 about a week ago, what are some gear I should aim for?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by -Skyfire-, Sep 7, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Skyfire-

-Skyfire- Someday Author

So I've heard that the Dragan set, Darkness set, and the New Moon set are what I should ultimately go for, but they would probably take months to get, if not more. In the meantime, what are some intermediate gear I can aim for? (I am working on crafting, although progress is slow) Most of the uniques seem worse than the gear I already have, although tier 3 Beararch gear does look good for using lightning strikes. Where should I be spending my andermants and materi fragments?

Also, is q3 the best place to farm? Should I just do the first map or also do the second map?
    Thanks!

2. Yamaac_chocobo

Yamaac_chocobo Junior Expert

1) Dragan set is the ultimate goal for all class ( i think ), darkness set good for all class except steam mechanic. The newmoon set is good too and it's easiest to earn. If you want earn the newmoon set faster, you should use amphora key to open festival amphora, it give you alot wood and more scroll to enter boss room. About how to farm amphora key, you can wait the next Dark Dwarf Heist come to farm amphora key, there is a repeatable quest give you key.
    2) You should use your andermant to buy more inventory/storage slot or gems ( especially aggressive gems)
    3) MF is used some case : to buy spirit guard ( 80 mf each), to buy teleport to boss room for quick kill
    4) From my experience, map 1 q3 is the most effective to farm,the distance between 3 mini bosses is short so you can kill all of them and refresh the map very fast. You should only do the second map if you want kill Heredur.The second map is large and to enter it you must kill the Evil Miller boss in the first map which take you more time to kill than a normal mini boss.

3. -Skyfire-

-Skyfire- Someday Author

Thanks for the reply. That bit about the Dark Dwarf Heist was especially useful. So other than the three mentioned, there is no unique gear that is worth getting, even for short term purposes?

4. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Maybe farm destructor normal to get the spellweaver version full machine power/mechanical set so that you can use that for farming better gear at level 50?

I'm not sure what the spellweaver version is called but Baragain has a post out there on the DK versions. HP and armor should be lower for SWs but the other bonuses should be similar.

It help if you post some more info as to what you have at the moment.

5. -Skyfire-

-Skyfire- Someday Author

I don't know how to post images so I'll just list my stats without buffs.

Base dmg: 2591-3507
    Atk spd: 1.03
    Health: 7613
    Armor: 45%
    no block (2h)
    Crit rate: 12.9
    Crit dmg: 100%
    Resist: 9%

I'm using a 2h with around 950 dps, +30% dmg torso, +30% atk spd gloves, and the rest is mostly focused on hp & some crit. I'm not using any event unique gear.

As I haven't been playing too long, my wisdom lvl is only 18 (2nd toon is lvl 16 so will soon be able to alternate the mentor bonus) and gems are 7 radiant (+70) and 7 poilshed (+45)

Any advice on possible improvements will be welcome.

6. Novadude

It seems like your gems and wisdom level are the main issues, not your gear. Some of those pieces sound quite good.

Ideally, you'll like a good weapon with 5 slot filled with rubies and an adornment (or whatever the sw version is called) with 5 sapphires. Ideally at least radiant if you want to do pvp or pw farming. You'll probably also want 15 or more amethysts for hp and 10 or more diamonds for resist (more for pvp than pve, so you can deal with diamonds later if not doing pvp)

Gear-wise, focus on getting crit hit value before gettibg crit damage.

7. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

That torso and the gloves are really nice.

To make the most of what you have, you really should be looking forward to the next Dragan event so that you can get a 2H DPS gear set. Your DPS will go through the roof. From there, focusing on the New Moon event will help you build some crit and crit damage. Also, start working on crafting a 2H axe to replace that 2H you have to get the best you can.

Finally, to get an idea of what a lot of 2H builds (and 1H builds) look like, check out the DK's "Show what you have" thread.

8. -Skyfire-

-Skyfire- Someday Author

You mean SW :p

But anyway thank you so much guys for your really specific advice now I have a good idea of what to aim for :)

9. Reinier

Reinier Someday Author

I know that usually the Spellweaver threads are rather quiet about their setup and that you have given plenty of suggestion to new level 50 DK, but unfortunately we SW can't wield 2H axe. Maybe with trasmogrification...:rolleyes::p

10. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

That is completely different thing ... where you can change the item's appearance with another item of the same class.
    I think Baragain is talking about new class called Spellknight. :D

VukChe likes this.
  11. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Oops. That is what I get for not paying attention.

12. -Skyfire-

-Skyfire- Someday Author

Sorry to revive this but I had some additional questions and didn't want to start a new thread.

I'm currently running out of inventory space so I was thinking of melting some of the items that I was hoarding. My stats did see a minor increase so I'm around 4k dps (according to dpi calculator) right now.

1) Should I melt the full moon gear (wolfslayer)? Somebody in game recommended getting it to tier 3 but I'm not sure if it's that good. I have a couple of tier 2 and a bunch of tier 1 items. I have 1 blood rune staff too. Vargulf gear I melted during the event.

2) Is it worth it to craft head gear? I see that Dragan, Darkness, and Bellicose sets all have head gear. I have a bunch of gold crit hit rate increase lines (even a few 14.5+%) that I could use in making a good helmet, but is it worth trying when the unique sets are really good?

3) What are the ideal stats for a 1h weapon? I've seen that a lot of people agree that 3*% dmg and 1*dmg is best for 2h but didn't really see much about 1h weapons. Is a near max attack speed line worth keeping at all?

13. Novadude

1) tier 3 wolf slayer shield is very much worth having. For a balanced 1H dk, it's worth about 6.5 perfect legendary lines (using 65%, .65, and 249 as the max lines for rate, block, and crit). It is by and far the most valuable unique a DK can have, and it synergizes nearly perfectly with the warlord set for near max block stats.

2) Might be interesting to have a 4x crit hit value % headgear, i guess.

3) I think 3x % dmg and 1x +dam axe is the ideal 1H right now. My current goal for pvp is 2H axe in 2h mode and 1H 3x % dmg and 1x +dam axe plus tier 3 wolf slayer shield for 1H mode. I do use the warlord set.

Edit: you're a spellweaver. In that case, 1) I don't see any value in the wolf slayer set. 2) 4× crit% hat is interesting. 3) A speed line can be useful if you have a mana regen spam skill - which I think magic missile is.

14. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

But this is SW section :D
    Complete crap
    Keep your ingredients and gold ... use one of the uniques and craft more important items first.
    Depends on your preference and playing style.
    I would use the same for 1H.

15. -Skyfire-

-Skyfire- Someday Author

thx guys on my way to melt the full moon stuff right now :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.