Suggestion rebalance gwenfara's weapon

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by DreamWill, Oct 12, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Do you want to rebalance gwenfara's weapon for all classes?

1. yes

8 vote(s)
    61.5%
  2. no

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  1. DreamWill

DreamWill Forum Commissioner

Make this weapon coherent for every class changing DKs' axe to a mace (no crit rate and same damage of SW and SM weapon) and rangers' shortbow to a longbow (add -20% reduction and reduce its damage to the same of other classes)

hacker09897 and gbit like this.
  2. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

Actually I want something similar but, I want all the weapons to have the same damage as the bow for all classes

3. DreamWill

of course your proposal is better, but impossible.

Many haven't understood why gwenfara's bow has so high damage, that is to rebalance it with any longbow: it has the same speed of a longbow but lacks the concentration reduction typical of any longbow, if it had the same damage as other weapons it would be absolutely the worst: why should a ranger use it if any longbow has the same damage plus the -20% concentration? The higher damage compensates this limit.

If you change it to a longbow there isn't any reason to have this damage and it will be reduced to the same of all other weapons mace like (all 1h weapons with 1,00 att speed and no crit) with 230-276 dmg at tier0 (SM and SW gwen's weapon). The same change must be made on the DK's axe to mace with 230-276 dmg and no crit.

There is no reason to put all gwen's weapons at the same damage of that shortbow or they have to change all 1h weapons parameters.

4. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

But heres the thing, and dont get me wrong I do not want to see rangers nerfed, but dks dont get 20% cost reduction on any mace
    either way, shock surprize but they will be pushing 1h as the new meta, just like when they made it so that all classes can wield a 2h weapon.
    the new gwenfara gem is a perfect example of this.

5. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

I agree with this part
    But I disagree with this one
    20% concentration reduction was introduced because longbows were useless and rangers are not DKs. DKs can easily generate rage while rangers can't generate concentration easily. It was the main reason behind the 20% concentration reduction ... when it was introduced back then.
    Midgets have slow regeneration of steam as well that is why they have steam regeneration on offensive offhands.

DreamWill likes this.
  6. DreamWill

thanks for this lesson, i haven't been in the game since that times, but i don't understand why DKs should keep an axe with lower dmg instead the mace with the same dmg of other classes, i haven't said to add them -20% rage bonus, only asked to give the same type of weapon to all classes: mace for DK, longbow for rangers and the equivalent version (in stats) for SW and SM. Maybe cause of the shield: they haven't offensive version, but i don't think they prefer an axe to a mace:D
    I have tier8 gwenfara's bow with 870 dmg, if it will be changed to a longbow it will have around 660 dmg, but i'm not sure is a nerf if I have the -20% concentration, imo ask for both is too much :D
    Yes DK will not get the 20% reduction but they don't need it so much, and for you is correct to have higher damage

trakilaki likes this.
  7. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Not a lesson at all ... just a reminder :p
    I thought you are talking about -20% resource costs ... now I get it better.
    You are right ... at this time when crit hit is easily achievable on 2H builds and builds with shields I would prefer mace over axe as well.
    But you and I can do nothing at all ... we don't decide what weapon will they put with any given set. :)

DreamWill likes this.
  8. kuwabaraz

kuwabaraz Forum Duke

The idea is nice but I don't think it solves the problems between 1h and 2h if the house doesn't change the way you do!

Anyway, good luck with the proposal!

DreamWill likes this.
  9. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

Well @trakilaki & @DreamWill Sargon weapon would be the best option for 1h but especially traki take note of the new gwenfara gem
    Those gems enter the game it changes a lot of things what 100% damage on 1h?
    even @navelko take note of this.
    Imo for most ranger builds you will have to look at Q1 torso for conc then sargon weapon but if you use sargon weapon and a defensive offhand you will not get the bonus from the gem. Therefore I would use shield as a dk, but then youre basically locked into using the offensive off hand or the weapon or both but as dk for me sargon weapon and gwen shield
    100% damage cannot be scoffed at.
    now heres the thing, thats not even with the gems on blue level.
    I hope they do not change though.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019