Suggestion Redesigned User interface

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by ipaTcH, Feb 25, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Im using :

Poll closed Feb 25, 2018.
  1. 4K - 5K

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Widescreen

50.0%
  3. FullHD

50.0%
  4. Under FullHD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ipaTcH

ipaTcH Forum Apprentice

Hi everyone, i had a little free time and started to redesign the ui of Drakensang online.
    I wanna share it with you here, currently i made changes only for the header tabs and currency indicators. Idk if BigPoint is working on a 4k compatible ui or not but would be really nice if the game gets an update for the bigger screens too because the current Ui is HUGE...

How do you like my idea? :

[​IMG]

silverseas, Javah, Icke and 1 other person like this.
  2. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

I play mostly on my gaming laptop which is 1080P (HD.) While this res is common today it was not so much when the game was first designed. The HUD could definitely use an update to match current display tech. However I do not consider this a high priority item.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

Morinphen likes this.
  3. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

Hello @ipaTcH ,
    next time this kind of thread created in "Technical Support" section, will be deleted immediately. This time, for the last time, I am moving it to the right section.

Cheers.

4. ipaTcH

ipaTcH Forum Apprentice

I would like to play it on 1080p too but the game wont allow me change the resolution so i have to play it in 4k...

5. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

The UI doesn't need redesigning it only needs a small tweaking.
    It has to be made adjustable in the settings ... so you can make it smaller or bigger or turn some/all options off and on.
    So basically you would be able to see only what you want to see and the size of those things should be adjustable.

Oh and BTW the poll is totally wrong and misleading ... it has got nothing to do with the "new" resolutions. Even people using 640x40 resolution should be able to adjust the UI and make it smaller.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  6. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Yeah, that's more what I meant by an update. Scaling, or even hiding, parts of the UI

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

7. Shansurri

Shansurri Active Author

Fyi, some of us are um... well... old. While I'd love to be able to get the clutter off the playing screen, I can't read that little bitty font that younger gamers seem to get along with just fine. I've actually ended up leaving other games for such problems.

Icke and MikeyMetro like this.
  8. ipaTcH

ipaTcH Forum Apprentice

yes i agree thats why i would like to see a scaling for the ui, so everybody could change the size for his own taste

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.