Release 214 Q/A

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by elitecrew1031, Dec 11, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dемои

Dемои Forum Pro

Will BP add exit on Destructor and Shaar Kharab? This is terrible to run all time Stalgard and Treasure Cave.

2. heror

heror Forum Baron

3. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

is it normal for bosses on inf 2 difficulty to drop ingredients that normally drop on inf 3? I was doing khalys inf 2 in the normal dungeons and quite a few times it dropped dream eater, which drops on inf 3 difficulty

4. IKILLGIANTS

IKILLGIANTS Active Author

it happened quite a lot to me,i was farming inf2 and i got a bunch of inf3 ingredients

5. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Think of it like T7 dropping T8 items, or T3 dropping T4 items. I haven't tested, but I wouldn't be surprised if common ingredients (white background) could drop in fatal.

But yes, I've seen it too. I've had blue ore pop out of a crystal I was harvesting in a T5 map. That was unfortunate since I was farming ingredients for the improved gem recipes (no book yet, but fortune favors the prepared).

Following that logic, if you want green drops 100% of the time, farm T4.

6. Frostarch

Frostarch Junior Expert

Can someone tell me what changed? I read the patchnotes but some parts didn't have enough info. It seems something about new item affixes on uniques?

I'm mostly curious if the loot changed. I remember i quit because i didn't like farming t1 for materi to buy t5 gear which was boring. So i'm wondering if the loot is better or more fun now. Also if those random dungeons make farming any more fun cus i remember it was insanely boring to farm paraller worlds over and over.

The issue was that the only fun part was getting gem drops because unique gear drops were always lame (as a weak player farming t1) but non unique drops also felt lame because you didn't have time to identify and check them until you came back to town. So when you're supposed to be happy about your legendary item coming with gold numbers, you were also annoyed because your group wants to do a run again so you have to hurry up and salvage/sell gear and go back.

So the process was counter intuitive kinda.

Also the worst thing i think is that being carried was best way of advancing. Like if i did party with players my level i would advance slowly. But if i played with a player who does max difficulty for 30 minutes.. i'd advance 20 times more (especially because of cores which only dropped in infernal if i remember correctly). So progress was basically gated behind e-begging.

Is this better now? I'm fine with asking guild for a max difficulty run once a month to spend my materi but i want to play my own difficulty the rest of the month and not rely on carries to get crucial crafting stones that allow progress

7. heror

heror Forum Baron

Ok wat you said playing with strong players was efficient buut you also want to farm on your mode aka i want to advance as fast from painfull as someone who farm inf3 and 4 ? then what is the point of getting strong, ???? The stronger the better loot also the drop for 1 mode corresponds with the cost of the uniques at that tier.
    You want fun play or efficient ? I think you need to look what you want
    Also you can farm dungeons in drakania nobody said farm PWs only

8. Frostarch

Frostarch Junior Expert

What i mean is that the most efficient way to get better should be a fun one. And that way to me is doing challanging content with a group of my own strength.

I don't mean that farming inf1 should give the same rewards as inf50. I mean that a carry shouldn't help you advance so many times faster to make it a viable and efficient strategy.

The main job of the game dev is to make fun things efficient. A game is no good if hitting a rock 24/7 is the most efficient way to advance. Everyone will hit rocks, get bored and quit. The few people who would do the fun thing and not care about efficiency would be left and game would die.

Akageshi likes this.
  9. heror

heror Forum Baron

If you are a strong player farming inf 3 and 4 is fun and efficient ONLY if you play with other ppl and the game is meanwhile otherwise its gonna be annoying to play.
    I progressed my character solo the only thing i did was get a t4 weapon back when it was the highest difficulty even with 10k dmg on red ess so i wasnt carried actually.
    But i progressed slowly due to low playtimie a year and a half ago. You make the game fun for yourself and do what you want , efficient things arent always the fun ones

10. Frostarch

Frostarch Junior Expert

No i can't have fun doing something i know is very innefficient. At that point i'd rather play [EDIT] or something and focus purely on fun. That's why i asked if things got better. I don't need a lecture on how to have fun.

Last edited by moderator: Jan 1, 2019
  11. Jakeybear

Jakeybear Forum Apprentice

To answer some of your earlier enquiries, cores drop on all difficulties (obviously more drop on higher difficulties) and there are now reduced types, so getting the amount you want is easier. Fragment drops were reduced, but so were the cost of items.

Not really sure what you are getting at when you say you never had enough time to identify items. This will never change unless you play solo and if you are spending so long identifying, melting/selling items then you are being inefficient, which you said you cannot have fun doing anyway. This is not a game issue, this is a player issue.

Efficiency and fun are mutually exclusive in most games, it makes you sound pretty spoiled to believe otherwise.

That being said, you will still progress much quicker if you can just get carried, gold lines drop in excess once you get to the higher difficulties, but all games work this way.

Games that reward monotonous efficiency do not really die, either, see Old School Runescape if you think a game where hitting a rock 24/7 for weeks on end does not work.

12. Frostarch

Frostarch Junior Expert

Welp thanks for the answer. I don't want to argue, i just wanted info

13. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

I must agree that the efficient way of progressing in DSO is not as much fun as if you're playing the "standard way".

The way it's now is the usual rush to level 55, go to PW, farm some materi on Painful, get OP friend to carry you in max difficulty, spend your materi on max tier stuff, then lose your nerve at the work bench, and get get bored farming glyphs and gems :] Idk if this is the most efficient way, but it's something like that.

The standard way this game was probably meant to be played, would be something like: Rush to level 55, do Painful in PW, do Excruciating in PW, then do Fatal in PW, and so on. Buy or get drops corresponding to your level. Play with people at about your power level. Work as a team where everyone helps one another. Don't play with OP people where the help is a one way process from them towards you. Get better gradually, which means don't upgrade from tier 0 or 1 straight to tier 7.

But of course nobody does that. Why? Because the game allows you to get the best stuff pretty much without any prerequisites.
    In the Creative Corner there were some ideas about restricting the tier of items that you could get depending on which modes you can solo, or depending on what tier your current gear is, but almost nobody in the forum liked these restrictions. Everyone wants to rush and get the top stuff ASAP. That seems to be widely considered as the fun way. I'm personally not sure about that it's really fun, but it really depends on how individual people define fun for themselves...

Frostarch likes this.
  14. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

it may be a bug, unlike the t8 drop thing, it may not be intended

those drops aren't shown on the entry to the bosses

15. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

First, they nerfed the power gap between Normal and Painful so it should be smoother progress from questing transitioning to higher difficulties. I had guildies who were able to bump the difficulty they played by +1-2 as a result of the update before they even tinkered with their gear.

Secondly, farming PWs is not the be-all and end-all any more. (Actually, it hasn't been for quite a while now.) If PWs are too hard or grindy, form a group to farm scaling normal dungeons. You will get Keys of Prowess and alchemy ingredients - both of which are required now for endgame. Also, for the same difficulty of scaling dungeon, it is easier than the PW version. Sure, you won't get those awesome PW sets, but you can still get gear to build your way up from the ground.

Thirdly, if you haven't already, do the new crafting quest line. And take a look at all the buffs the NPCs are selling. With the right combo of buffs, you could even, for a brief time, solo high infernals without actually having proper gear. :D Sure, it'll be costly in terms of resource, but now it's doable as opposed to a nice dream. So relying on older players is no longer a necessity. ;)

Shansurri likes this.
  16. kaiwyn

kaiwyn Forum Greenhorn

I see no one answers many of the questions here... I stopped crafting when try as I might with those stupid books you have to buy, I could not get anything to work. NOW we have to do it to combine gems??? Why don't they post understandable instructions???

17. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

https://drakensangonline.wikia.com/wiki/From_Disaster_to_Master

18. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

Complete the Disaster to Master quest line. It's a simple quest. Even if you don't know where to go once you're done in Kingshill, just go ahead and visit other towns.

I don't think the game needs to be more explicit in terms of instructions, quest guidance, etc.

All those crafting books, herbs, and so on, all of that makes up gameplay complexity. Sure, we could as well have just 2 stats, damage value and defense value. Would that be fun? I'm not saying crafting recipes are particularly fun, but at least the devs are trying.

19. მɀõც.¸¸.·´*

მɀõც.¸¸.·´* Forum Apprentice

How to deal with this guy? He prevents from going ahead the rest of the map.
    Thanks for your help.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  20. BigHink

BigHink Forum Inhabitant

do those maps in PW worlds. There is a limit to the size of the map in other areas and there is no way to get past him

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.