Feedback Release 218

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by teddy.bear, Apr 29, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oOKellueHazeOo

oOKellueHazeOo Regular

Knowing this DEV team, they will remove all good rewards from there and then nobody will want to play season lol.

2. Teleportist

Teleportist Advanced

Here's my feedback.

1. A marked increase in both client, and particularly server, crashes. Very annoying. Please fix.

2. So now we only have 2 PvP modes available. Storm the fortress and the new 1v8.
    What about those of us who are still doing the costume and mount quests for the missing
    modes? Even if these will be available some of the time, this will still lengthen the time to complete the quests.

3. Whilst I praise the Devs for bringing a new PvP mode, unfortunately I've not been able to play this,
    as it takes too long to get a match. Here's a possible solution to this. If after say 2\3 minutes there
    aren't 8 players waiting, just start the match with the players available.
    Or just only call us to the arena when there are actually 8 players available and waiting.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
    Bubble and trakilaki like this.
  3. MaxDisappointed

MaxDisappointed Forum Master

All the modes + new mode 8FFA are available but with cycles.

4. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Not really. If you play during a specific time of the day then you have 2 modes available. And here on Tegan if the solo mode is not 1v1 I can pretty much forget about doing my pvp dailies.

Shansurri and trakilaki like this.
  5. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

What New Mode?
    8FFA is around since 2013.
    Exactly ... not even worth playing since you will always have same mode available. That is why I haven't noticed any changes on TS because I play there at certain time of the day ... every day.
    That is called torture.

piteris2 likes this.
  6. MaxDisappointed

But this is not the reality of the game, there are 5 modes even if you can just play 2 of them, I'm talking about the game not about personal situations.
    Anyways they are changing cycles more often now.
    And forget about doing dailies? It's so hard to play 8 games? If you say it for the time of calling players to the arena... this is not a problem of the PvP modes but a server problem.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  7. KulawyMao

KulawyMao Exceptional Talent

yes it's hard if u play mage/ranger bc u don't have any healing

'win x fight'
    in 8 ppl u have almost 100% chance to get dwarf/tank and u don't have any chance to win vs them when they run away all the fight and waiting for end of time where u don't have any chance bc u don't have healing

if u take 'kill x players' u need play team pvp = but u need team? if someone don't have guild and he's new where he can find pt?
    he can kill it alone, but how much time he spend on it?

last one is 'play x times'
    8x8 is so stupid that when u die, u still need to wait to end of fight, if u're weak u die in 10sec than next 2-3 min what u can do? watch how others are playing? nonsence
    and 99% of this fights looking the same = 1mech/tank run away full fight and wait for end of time so if u need play 14 fights x 3min every = 52min to do it = but u need also get fight what takes some times

so before 218 u can do pvp dailys in 10min, now it takes 1-1,5h if u don't have team or u play on low populated servers
    and the best is that if u play mage/ranger u have 2x more problems with it than dwarf/tank

ΣMiwel, Shansurri and stasis like this.
  8. MaxDisappointed

@KulawyMao I agree with you, rangers and mages don't have the same chances to win a match vs a dwarf/war.
    Of course PvP need changes and improvements, but come on, you don't need to win games to do the dailies, you can select play games and finish fast doing duels, now games are cycling every 2 hours.

9. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

That wasn't the case when Mikey was writing the post you originally quoted.

10. MaxDisappointed

Yes, it was. In fact Mikey was who quoted me and I answered then.
    He said some players can't do dailies, in part because of cyling games so I quoted him saying it's not hard to do dailies independently of the games active at the moment you play.
    I said this when quoting:
    The same as you quoted me:
    So, I'll say it again. Of course, PvP is not balanced, some classes don't have same chances to win as others, but to do dailies you don't need to win or kill 10+20+40 players yourself alone. You can also go Swerdfield to kill players faster than in a game.

What you quoted to me has nothing to do with Mikey, but with Kulawy, so I don't really understand why you write that.
    This all came for saying to Teleportist that we have 5 modes of PvP, but some players think that a mode every 12 hours is like just having 2 modes, now modes change every 2 hours, but probably they will still complain about that and say they can't do dailies for some other factors.

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  11. KulawyMao

KulawyMao Exceptional Talent

u have right = if u have pt it's easy to do it
    but if u are weak how do u think u kill sb on swerdfield? if u die there on 1 shoot? kill low lvl players? no, thanks
    even on grimmag which is 1 of 2 most popular server there isn't anybody on this map, if u wait there 30min maybe u meet 1 guy xd than look on agathon where're many less players... xd

this system of pvp is totaly a crap and 8x8 is most unbalanced in dso so we expect changes

12. MaxDisappointed

On Heredur you can do it fast on Swerdfield or in PvP games. If anyone is weak I think it's obvious he will need to take more time to finish it or at least not asking to win by the face a game blaming the class he have instead of improving the char, I understand that in Solo Pvp (duel or 8ffa) the class you have means a lot, but in group PvP is not always that bad having a ranger or a mage.
    The point on my posts is: I think saying that dailies can't be done because of the new PvP is exaggerated.

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  13. jelbeat

jelbeat Regular

Look what just happened at 16:00h!
    I almost fell from my chair from laughing.
    One obvious fault, but still.

[​IMG]

14. Dzungla

Dzungla Forum Expert

Here is my capture, 4 hours ago:

[​IMG]

Speaking about PVP, that section in Leaderboards tab doesn't work at all.

Neither those two out of season (Solo & Team), same as Daily (some weird list without you), Weekly (sum before RL 218 for that week) & Hall of Honor

piteris2 and deliburan78 like this.
  15. Sevilla

Sevilla Someday Author

Should be block the registration in group on PvP (make team to play pvp together), always the rounds get unbalance, plus will be a heavy exploit on PVP ranks, for example a guild match full 5x5 on capture flag, and only one get all the flags, that means 3900 points, that's impossible to beat, on fair mode.

16. deliburan78

deliburan78 Advanced

No problems , just waiting 139 wears :D:D:D

17. edrogers58

edrogers58 Regular

It is very obvious that the development team do not play Drakensang.
    It is also obvious they did not play the team death match before they let this go into any server.
    Instead of changing the arena to cope with 4 extra players , we will just go 5 v 5 in the same arena and leave no room to manoeuvre.
    The mind boggles on how the developers come up with these ideas and implement them.
    The Moderators need to be able to contact the development team so they can realise what a really crap job they are doing.

18. nvmind

nvmind Forum Inhabitant

They do play and for sure they have testers that play. But all happens in their office, between them, which is different from the real world. The testers don't farm, they just get the characters already equipped/balanced, and they all want to play.
    In the real world, if you remove the 1v1 and force a player to play pvp for his daily, he will join a 5v5 and just sit there, doing nothing, ruining other's game. Or will come to 5v5 with 2h and then, even if he tries to help, will be useless.
    The devs do test the game, but on lab rats. And, from what happens to the game, they are not really interested in what the community is saying. Is more like - they know better. The forum is more for us to cool down and blow off some steam, doesn't actually have an influence on the game.

19. heror

heror Forum Baron

Actually has some minimal influence , just like when they "fixed"??? the mind controll of the mage.
    But the ego they have is too big to say " we were wrong"

20. MaxDisappointed

Or just an specific class have this influence, and are others who have the ego, not those who try to fix a bug.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.