Feedback Release 220

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by teddy.bear, Jun 28, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

Hi again. I've been sort of defending the R220 by sort of playing the devil's advocate.

But I've just finished the Full Moon event and I got 0 uniques, let alone the ones I'd like to get, and let alone items with good base values.
    Same goes for the last New Moon.

I'm only spending resources in this game and I'm not getting anything useful back.

Bundin and cigarbennett like this.
  2. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

the bloodmage on inf 4 is a nightmare, as a guildmate said to me
    Avoid doing it as long as they don't fix the mess they have made

Bundin and ViktorG75 like this.
  3. _G_R_A_M_P_S_

_G_R_A_M_P_S_ Old Hand

even on inf3 and 2 to a lesser extend.

So the shining silver essence farming was already bad. but now that farm is slow AND we need an insane amount of these essences in m2 now. went in with a group of 3 on inf3, all 40-45k dmg 'ish, full crit and crit dmg, i burned 1500 essences, one of the others 2.5k (high att speed i assume), the boss goes down to a third of his hp, but it s impossible to keep up with avoiding his hp reset skill. it even works on guardian and dragans knight. so then he resets his hp and all the essences are wasted in vain.

Also, what the hell is up with the minis in m1? there used to be between 4 and 8 minis, always, now in 20 runs (just map 1, i gave up on m2, cause even running fatal (easy) is not worth it considering the essence/reward reatio) i get between 0 and 4 minis. 4 being rare. only once i got 5 and once 6. my guildmates also noticed, playing seperately.

How about nerfing the bloodmage, at least a bit, or at least that hp reset skill.
    Or quadrouple the pebble drops in the mines.
    Or change the quest to exchange essences for shining essences. Keep the amounts for the ingrediënts the same, except hand over 5k silver essences and get 4k shining in return.

We already dont play m2, just kill the 3 required minis and the bloodmage because the rest is a waste of essences. What about now (post 220) ?
    I never wanted to say this, but they ruined the one nice a swift event.

In general, the bosses arent that bad as long as you go in groups and the loot has improved (especially for the minis). But when we have to farm essences or wood before the run and now waste them faster then ever, where s the fun?

4. Purgerzg

Purgerzg Active Author

I finish event doing only m1+mine inf3, and it was easy and fast (around 3 hours of casual play).And I farm more ess on mine then I spend on m1 (include spending ess on re quest)
    For farming uniqs from bloodmage go fatal or lower

The game overall are going to direction of one super boring/tedious game.
    They just buff monsters and everything is same?!
    Why not add in daily to finish in any mode we want (ofc higher mode=more gold/ess/secret liars)
    Add option to finish re quest from scaling dungeons in any mode we want (again higher mode=more gold/ingredients)
    Overall,add more gold/ess stacks/leg items from inf1

5. Iselda

Iselda Advanced

I noticed that too. Aslo the number of piggies was lowered somehow. I only encountered 1 map with 5 mini-bosses and 3 piggies, the rest had 0-3 bosses and 0-1 piggies.

As for general feedback, I'm not happy with the latest R. The game became just uninteresting and resources consuming. But there's a group of players (mainly SW to my surprise) who claim that it's ok and the maps should be even harder , because they can still farm the modes they want. Seriously, is this game supposed to be that way? Because some players are already max-out and bored, the rest of us is supposed to remain silent, not to complain, farm low levels and build our game characters for months/years with no fun and game comfort? Well, not really and I'm not surprised that another wave of players already deleted their chars :(

Bundin, cigarbennett and ViktorG75 like this.
  6. thouvou000

thouvou000 Forum Expert

To those who claim that the drop of unique items was increased with the new patch, i gotta tell you that both me and my friend that killed vargulf more than 20 times got 0 uniques, whereas during the last full moon event i got many uniques. Nice increase in the drop rates there.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  7. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

Same here. I got nothing this time...

Events require now more time, more resources, more essences, more pebbles, etc., so they should give more uniques, for which they should be done... not just for the progress bar rewards.

8. Veteran666

Veteran666 Active Author

R220 is a disaster for some very obvious reasons.PW and events traders are gone,drop rates in events and pw are not good even in inf3-4 modes.Bosses and minis are harder to kill now and you get almost nothing in return for the effort and time you put in game.Gaming should be fun and joy not an obligation.However if DSO devs want to change this situation,they can do it starting from R221 next week(DtU event and Cloaks v2) otherwise DSO will be damaged beyond any salvation.

Bundin and cigarbennett like this.
  9. _G_R_A_M_P_S_

_G_R_A_M_P_S_ Old Hand

some more thoughts i came upon. Minibosses should have been made much stronger a long time ago, the way they are now and the improved loot drop from them is good.
    Bosses were fine before, but under the excuse of giving better loot (much doubts about that, especially increased unique drop rate is not nearly enough) it could have been justifiable. However, the devs went overboard and made the bosses too strong (defensewise anyways).
    Another big mistake, normal mobs have increased defenses. Running through a map takes longer. But the drops of normal mobs are so little that they are not worth the effort. For as far as i havent done it before, now i skip all mobs i dont need, which is 99%, because they drop nearly nothing. I kill only mobs from which i need a drop (wood, essence, quest) and the minibosses.

So i suggest to at least revert normal mobs to what they were before r220, and nerf bosses a little bit.

btw, my guildies never complain much about updates. This is the first time that i hear even the diehards talk about thinking to quit dso. :(

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    cigarbennett likes this.
  10. sargon234

take into account that they nerfed the shining essences in r214

For a start, they should be buffing up the shining essences

_G_R_A_M_P_S_ likes this.
  11. mierlarosie

mierlarosie Forum Apprentice

I love the new release and the new difficulties. :) good job. It made me come back to the game. I was quitting.

12. Galvard

Galvard Forum Mogul

13. Bigcoeg

Bigcoeg Forum Apprentice

Time to back play DSO, I just comeback to vacum play since 2015 and now i come to play again. Good Job DSO Team Developer;)

14. Shansurri

Shansurri Active Author

In the second map of the Full Moon event, DSO has changed it so that killing the Blood Mage causes everything on the map to die/disappear. This means if you try to save the cursed amphora for after the Bloodmage, clicking on it results in a big fat nothing. This happened three times, so not a one time glitch. Might be nice to fix that. Or... you know... ignore the bug like always.

sargon234 likes this.
  15. sargon234

Totally not fake accounts, totally legit
    are you sure?It didn't happen when i did full moon

16. heror

heror Forum Baron

idk what even u played then buddy.

Shansurri likes this.
  17. Shansurri

Shansurri Active Author

I have no idea why it didn't happen to you. Did you do Full Moon this time? Are you on a different server and that makes a difference?

Yes, I'm very sure. 100% sure. I have zero doubts. I ran three toons through the event AND farmed cores. I can't be any more sure. When you kill the Blood mage, everything (with the exception of a single glitched werewolf once in a while) dies/disappears. This effects the cursed amphora if you try to open it after killing the Blood mage. You click-- nothing comes out.

18. sargon234

then that's a serious problem, but i didn't notice it

Shansurri likes this.
  19. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Was that a headshot? XD
    You seem to forget of the Cloak of Power quest. It took me 9 months doing that quest XD
    On contrary ... materi fragments just got crazy valuable, but most of the players don't yet realize that.
    First ... the drop seem to be nerfed.
    Second and most important ... almost all future cloaks will have mechanics of the Nefertari's Cloak.
    Here they are
    That means players will first have to get the fragment ... then they will have to craft the cloak.
    Then they will have to craft X times in order to get good stats on the item.
    Then the Materi Fragments kick in ... you will need billions of materi fragments in order to buy Augment Core and upgrade those cloaks from T0.
    All those cloaks will be T0 and you will have to upgrade them to cap tier with Augment Core Crafting.

20. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

I'm one of the old players who remembers that grindfest, but at the time, that was the cloak everyone wanted, so the grind was worth it to a point.

In addition to that, the grind was limited to specific maps which provided nice rewards in and of themselves. Who wasn't farming the mini bosses in HOD for gops back then anyways, so adding in the beetles wasn't that big of deal even though the drop rate was atrocious.

The biggest difference between then and now is that when you got an event/unique item, for the most part, it was actually worth something all by itself.

Now, most of the unique/event items that drop are completely useless to every player in the game, and the few that aren't completely worthless still need crafted items and a butt load of cores to be useful to anyone.

Jhinstalock likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.