Feedback Release 220

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by teddy.bear, Jun 28, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nooneknows

nooneknows Forum Greenhorn

Are you guys actually kidding me with this patch? That thing with bosses health, removing materi sellers? SPOT ON, this is the way to loose more players, not gain. I was having problems doing infernal 1 and now I can even do fatal without help. Instead of finding way to improve the game you are destroying it. This patch is another step of drakensangs downfall. It seems to me like you are bored so why dont you for example make new events? New Qs? Or something that will IMPROVE the game and not vice versa. This patch made me play drakensang even less than I already was, congratulations.

1vanka and cigarbennett like this.
  2. _G_R_A_M_P_S_

_G_R_A_M_P_S_ Old Hand

Previously, a karabossa fight, inf4, solo, would take less then 2 minutes. Now I need double or triple the time --> More buffs and thus more wood needed. Wood farm was already tedious, but now we need even more wood?
    Previously Khalys, inf3, grey essences, would take 2 minutes. Now the fight takes 10+ min! I still don't die, hell no. The fight didnt change, it just takes insanely long.
    Specific increased resistances on some bosses? Great, insane ice resistance. Forget about frozensphere. Use Lightning Strike. But LS is very crappy on moving bosses. Hmm, kill him with FB then? Or magic missile? Come on. Bring the boss fights back to 2 minutes. Changing the boss system is fine, as long as we dont get screwed over. I'm not gonna waste my time on bosses like this.

Specific resistances on items? Come on, we all want ALL resistances, not just fire resistance for example. It s already difficult enough for some builds to get some proper resistance. It's like trying to fix or improve somthing that is not broken.

The rest of the update, well, whatever. I really don't care. Just these tedious bossfights take all the fun out of the game. I'm back to day 1, so i'll take a break and find somthing else to do, untill this stupidity changes.

Magau and cigarbennett like this.
  3. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

Reading your rants, I'd like to know what your stats are. If you guys have 60k damage and maxed critical, and the inf4 boss fight still takes you 10+ minutes, then they really did buff bosses a bit too much.

Otherwise all's fine. The difficulty names are arbitrary. Inf1 is today's Inf3. If you can't farm inf3 comfortably anymore, well go back to inf1 like I did. You probably have tier 7-8 items anyway, so what's there for you in inf4? Get better first. However, if you are pretty much maxed out, and you still struggle in inf4, the blame is on the devs.

4. thouvou000

thouvou000 Forum Expert

6 pages of mostly negative feedback for r220 and not a single word from the devs. You really do a great job at ignoring and not caring about the community

Magau, cigarbennett and aBDuLHaMiTHaN like this.
  5. callme0216

callme0216 Padavan

Its not just about it takes longer.
    BP occasionally likes to step [EDIT]. Some players accept it and carrys on.., some on the other side check back how much time it took them to complete maps in this game where you farm things repeatedly all the time just to be better by 0,23%. This percentages adds up so you check on your charracter how much it improved by your own. Suddenly a wild R220 appears with it natural habitat and all your "work" dissappears since the latest few releashes..so those players decide that they do not want to farm to be soft nerfed just because devs want to spin out the games content. Even if they would rollback which I hardly belive they wont by now I wouldnt play this game.
    You never takes away the toy from the child.
    This game had a huge potentional in 2013-2014-2015 and they blow it.

Last edited by moderator: Jul 6, 2019
    Magau likes this.
  6. FAALHAAS

FAALHAAS Board Analyst

For me its like this; I used to be able to to fatal on certain maps....now im back at painfull. Its exremly demotivating knowing i was making ''progress'' in a way and now im punched back to a mode that gives me nothing i can use to become stronger.

Also these yarns ruin the droprate of lockpicks drasticly.

I tried for 2 days, changing tactics, but doesnt make a difference. Im back at square 1 and I really dont think ill be playing much from now on [or completely quit, since that was my first thought after reading the pathcnotes].

Guess this patch can be challenging for the veterans who have maxed out gears, but for newer/weaker players this is simply a game-killer.

Magau likes this.
  7. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

improved drop rates: yeah right
    I'm doing the tree quest to get better shoulders and so far no shoulder has dropped from the trees, they dropped much more frequently prior to the supposed improved drop rates

What a joke

Akageshi likes this.
  8. Dzungla

Dzungla Forum Expert

Well, I won't be so negative as most of ppl above, but in many things I could agree with them ...
    • Bosses aren't harder or smarter (AI), they just got additional armor over existing one, hp bar is stretched and they got some company (minions).
    • On the maps, there is no notable changes except mini bosses got mini additions same like their bigger brothers.
    • Generally, all of us need more essences, time and patience now, but for promised rewards, I have to admit, quantity is there but not so much quality
      Drop should be much much better with any difficulty lvl [​IMG] Upper right part of this img is the reason why did I waste my time
    Actually, my biggest concern and only 100% negative reaction is on cosmetics! Why on earth did they again changed appearance of some items (rollback actually), so now I have to check out closely where which item fits (experience based, look below):

[​IMG]

Doesn't it looks like a belt :D

All in all, If you think that game is worse than it was, that would be unfair, just lower the lvl up to one it suits you and grind harder than ever to catch up! (cloak will help for sure).

1vanka likes this.
  9. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Noob :D
    That is random crafting. You have 3 belts and one helmet on the workbench ... and you got a random helmet :p
    We haven't used those skins since old Grimmagstone low level items :p
    I actually like those bandanas they look awesome for a ranger :)

ΣMiwel, DBS-Flamelurker and Akageshi like this.
  10. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

I admit it may be confusing, but this may be a pre-transmog thing.

I get you. I struggled very much myself when I first entered the PW. I was using anything I dropped. No crafting obviously, for months and months and months. Untouchables, Wolf set, later when SoM expansion came I felt like it was an upgrade for me when I bought the complete armor set for bone coins. Jesus, those were the days of agony. Painful was hard, Excrutiating was madness.
    R220 kind of reminds me of the game some 3-4 years ago, or so.

Anyway, I understand - if someone cannot farm infernal4 anymore and is thrown back to inf2 or so, it feels wrong, but it's still kind of fine. But on lower difficulties, it may make even painful impossible for many players. I don't know if there are ways to deal with this. Is there a chance you get some good enchantments on pink items in normal scaling dungeons?

It appears the real problem here is that we were given something and now it was taken away from us.
    That happens all the time. 2017, new level cap. A few months later, nobody was using old items.
    Later new wisdom "tree". Everything was harder until you farmed enough wisdom on low difficulties.
    And so on.
    They will add more such obstacles and throwbacks in order to delay new content/expansion.

I just have 2 concerns:
    1. Can the maxed out players kill a Inf4 boss within a reasonable time?
    2. Can a player who is new to PW play Painful?

11. Dzungla

Dzungla Forum Expert

Grrrrrr :D I know You're trolling but someone might thought ....Out of context it might look like noob crafting but:
    I saw 4 "belts" there !

That headband came right from the 80's :p

Here I forgot one important part - :rolleyes:

12. heror

heror Forum Baron

Im not absolutely maxed out but i think that with 70k dmg i shouldnt
    be killing heredur for 10mins. Altough thats the problem that Sw has hard time killing ice bosses.

13. Jhinstalock

Jhinstalock Active Author

I will soon be able to tell you this as I'm leveling a new character on Heredur server, and in a few hours I will be level 50 and begin recording some videos for reference to all the complaints about how this update crushes the game for new level 55's :)

Akageshi likes this.
  14. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

Depends on what you call reasonable.
    Dwarfs probably yes. probably = probably that's what you'd call reasonable

Looking forward to it :)

Probably it doesn't crush the game (as in: make it impossible to play painful), but it almost cuts off the progress path. Drop rate of PW boss uniques has to be higher. If the stats weren't random, it'd be ok. With the random stats, it's not ok.
    Even with the higher drops, progress path would be different than people got used to, so I guess many would feel lost anyways.

Yes. Increase boss points especially (normal mobs' points too) and increase the time given to get a bonus/increase those bonuses.
    Expanding the thought, bosses should be like the following:
    painful = 20% chance for a leg
    excruciating = 30% chance for a leg
    fatal = 50% chance for a leg
    inf1 = 1 leg every time
    inf2 = 2 legs every time
    inf3 = 3 legs every time
    inf4 = 4 legs every time
    inf5 = 5 legs every time
    every mode = 1 unique every time (at least 10% boss set, eg. 15% the ring, the rest worldly uniques, untouchables and the like)
    t3 or 4 gems... you mean simple and unnamed gems? Then yes. If you mean new rarities of royal gems - then no.

Exactly.

Increase the time, maybe even up to 30min (q3 miller-killer buff has that duration).

Champions dropping more progress would make sense tbh. Also, make the wood stack size scale with the difficulty.

Increase the stacks? Perhaps. But first and foremost, pebbles stack size should scale with the difficulty.

15. 66Styve66

66Styve66 Someday Author

Hi , andermant drop is just .. a pain.. , increase it please.

16. MaxDisappointed

MaxDisappointed Forum Master

The droprate of uniques has been increased, it's fine how it is now.

17. Rima0

Rima0 Forum Greenhorn

Where to farm Beryl?
    After update in Foxarrific Burrow of Investigation`s HQ, get Vanadinite until Beryl and same happend in other maps where need to be Beryl, time to time get Vanadinite.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
  18. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

no it hasn't, stop lying

19. Dzungla

Dzungla Forum Expert

Actually, it is, at least at higher lvls

[​IMG]

Those were 2 consecutive runs, actually, in the third there also was a unique drop, but a bit more usual - Keen Power, same like in the lower image.

Below the cloak you can see the yarn drop so, this is 220 RL evidence if you're planning to accuse me that L'm lying too :D

Sane in the PW ... See more Khaly's Gaze since 220 than from 214 up to 220 together ... Damn, even Grimma gave me boots !

Now, count all pinks from above, multiple it with 10,20 - that's my pink inf IV new moon drop ... And as I've said:

I got only few minor (82%-92%) and unimportant platinum lines like resist on belt and so ...

MaxDisappointed likes this.
  20. MaxDisappointed

MaxDisappointed Forum Master

Just stop quoting posts that you don't like. Drop rates has increased. You would like it to increase more the drops, but it can't be all that easy, or at least it shouldn't.
    Do you expect to have something dropped the first day you want it to be dropped? I tested all bosses and drops are better, but there are another factor: luck. You won't drop what you want by the face.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.