Release 223

Discussion in 'Test Server' started by avalon31, Sep 25, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. avalon31

avalon31 Someday Author

My dear audience, become a viewer of my chaotic video. Thanks

2. YanKug

YanKug Forum Greenhorn

when you reach the maximum buff 500%, the debuff -250% life turns off?

3. elitecrew1031

elitecrew1031 Regular

Another set for bloodstaff mage?!?! Not surpriced tbh
    Hp potions hp spheres wisdom talent you can always heal that 250%

4. DreamWill

DreamWill Forum Commissioner

it seems when you use antistun the malus on hp vanishes: if you don't use them when you reach -100% hp (20 kills) you automatically die:D

I think anyone can use it: as ranger I finally remove q7 to wear it and dragan:)

but i don't understand very much: the buff has no time? does it reset everytime you change the map? if so, it's useless for bosses

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    vegetadavid likes this.
  5. Reikanin

Reikanin Forum Apprentice

Your damage increases as long as you kill. Actually I don't need that 500% damage to kill white mobs and kill myself with 1 hit. I already kill mobs pretty fast. This set could be really interesting against bosses, but unfortunatelly you don't have any mobs to kill in boss room or at least you can kill very few mobs. So this set is pretty useless in my opinion. It should be reworked so that can be used on bosses as well.
    And if you think bloodrune is too op, you can use it, it is not a special unique for mages :)

6. thouvou000

thouvou000 Forum Expert

You say this set is useless against bosses? Have you read what this set does? First of all this set does not have time limit. What does that mean? Its not like the belt of zeal that the buff lasts for 1 minute only and u have to kill mobs to keep it. Secondly, u dont have to farm mobs in bosses rooms to stack it simply because all u have to do is stack it before u go in the boss room and u will have it there as well without needing to kill any additional mobs. Lastly, this is the best set in the game ever so far, but we have yet to see how it really works, because there is some bug obviously on the test server because all we can see is the 500% buff but we dont see the -% hp that it says it gives as well, so we have yet to see how it really works,
    P.S: If it resets on bosses rooms, well it is super useless and shouldnt have been made ever

7. menestrelul

menestrelul Someday Author

About the new skins.
    Excellent job guys, applause for the art department.
    Finally, I'll get rid of the two costumes I still wear. They are broken and worn.
    And with the cloak it was a pain, you couldn't get rid of it.

8. avalon31

avalon31 Someday Author

At maxed buff, you have +500% dmg and -250% HP. There is bug when you use antistun (battle cry in my case) you are vanished from -250% HP debuff, but that will be fixed.
    Also these effects are active until you die, that means it wont be switched off by map change, going off. Only by your dead (or inactivating q6 set). There is small chance (maybe 1%) that there appears mortis which kills you. So dont be surprised when you die during farm (even when you are not getting any damage)

DreamWill likes this.
  9. vegetadavid

vegetadavid Forum Mogul

I dont understand too, actually that is totally broken and maybe stupid if we can't have it for boss. Mobs are already easy to kill comparate to boss so that's ridiculous...
    I hope they will change that.

10. elitecrew1031

elitecrew1031 Regular

Nah dont even try. What do you prefer 1000 euro or 5000 euro ? also if this set works like belt of zeal it will be ridicilous for mages.
    Why bloodstaff is op for mages? Well after you ask me i will try to land you in the reality. Bloodstaff for mages is op because EDIT while playing with bloodstaff, on top of that with this set mages will be the only class that are able to use mortis set,witch set,dragan 3 parts and most important Bloodstaff + herald. Tell me what class can use 3 parts dragan mortis witch set and herald set I guess none. Mages will be the class with the most dmg in the game because of broken mechanic and build diversity (especially bloodstaff build)

11. humunkulus

humunkulus Forum Apprentice

This set doesnt make sense whatsoever. Why would devs make game too much harder and then create literaly 1 set that makes players too much stronger?

q7 set dependant classes will be hugely robbed compared to classes, who will be able to use mortis set alongside with dragan set.

Set will also destroy whole +% dmg items and other bonuses mechanics, since 500% buff will completely overhelm all existing +% dmg bonuses. Even difference between blue and red ess will become "barely" noticable.

In my case (DK) this set forces me to break my dragan set, so i will need to recraft 4-5 platina items i recently finished, just because of implementing one totaly overpowered "must have" set. After months of frustrating work, when i finaly crafted platina items, i can barely start enjoying it and start recrafting half of my gear again? Are devs at least thining about transfering enchantements across different unique items?

vegetadavid likes this.
  12. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

so it will be useless, especially if it doesn't work with bosses
    bloodmage isn't op, it's q7 that is OP, for other classes
    You should be butthurt about q7 being op, not about bloodmage weapon
    Also, complaining about herald and bloodmage is complaining about an obvious exploit, which should be fixed, it's not bloodmage weapon the problem

And complaints about build diversity from a dwarf who are both forced to use q7+q8 set is more than a little rich
    Besides, i'm not sure if i want to sacrifice more mana for the mortis set and the resistances that q9 amulet gives me, i don't want to have my life points being diminished and having a small chance to randomly die

13. couda22

couda22 Forum Commissioner

Current version of the set is useless for DK and I believe that is it useless for SOLO play no matter of character class.
    Suppose your character has following properties:
    - absolute HP modifier: 75k
    - relative HP modifier: 175%
    When you stack the buff fully you will end up with following HP:
    75000 - 75000 * (2.50 - 1.75) = 18750 HP

Now check your relative HP modifier - I bet it is not higher than 125%. So you will have to sacrifice something to achieve HP relative modifier higher than 150%.

Maybe some players (?? mages ??) will be able to use this set, at least for specific scenarios.

14. humunkulus

Someone above me claimed that lost HP can be regenerated. So i thought that it just continuously decrease our HP by 5% (=it deals dmg equal to 5% of our HP) untill we kill 50 enemies and in order to survive we just have to heal faster than stacking effect is killing us. If it decreases our total HP pool by 250% then indeed DKs can probably forget this set.

Anyways with HP amulet/helmet, HP pet, HP buff and maybe little bit of sth else we can reach even more than 250% relative modifier. So roughly estimated, including 20k HP buff its possible to reach something close to 100k HP even with -250% HP debuff. As DK i dont really want to play with such a low HP though.

I am little bit scared that after 2h DKs started to be kind of appreciated in groups, new metagame will require groups with 1h tank and mortis set dmgers.

15. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

That "someone" never knows what he's talking about, and he keeps showing he's completly unreliable.

Who can not forget?

Mage's guardian can tank anything only because he partially inherits caster's hp... if he don't have HP, guardian will be 1hit on 100% everything, too.
    Ranger relies on melee in a good part. Moreover, he has no summon with taunt, he will always take some hits.
    Dwarf... idk? However, turrets usually take some hits too, and I don't think he can keep up with replacing the decoys and fighting. Technically, combined with a potion spam, it could work... but I don't think it would be any faster than without the set. Also, stray arrows are a thing everywhere, a single skeleton coming from behind and not noticing taunt is enough to kill a person with such a low hp.

If above is not enough, everyone is going to die due to Mortis' vengeance...

And how much crit damage/crit would one have? I bet the damage increase won't be worth the trouble... because crit losses will make up for everything.

Unless they change the set somehow, meta isn't going to change.

Chill down everyone and let's wait for the final version (while providing feedback here, of course).

16. avalon31

avalon31 Someday Author

why the hell you need to use dragan in combination with mortis? 500% increased damage is not enough for you? you need every single damage to be good? Just choose one of them. Dont understand those people they need every possible damage.
    how did you found it does not work with bosses? Once you have stacked your buff, only death can stop you. Map change and time has no effect on this buff

17. couda22

couda22 Forum Commissioner

The current chance to be killed by the Q6 set is 0.5% on a mob kill.
    I guess the set might be pretty effective for some classes in certain scenarios & group play.

18. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

if the bonus doesn't reset when you change maps, then it can have some usefulness

they need every possible damage because they need to clear the maps fast, as the economy is still balanced around fast clearing( despite slowing boss killing and farming)

19. humunkulus

Stop betting and make some math instead. +500% dmg would still be worth hell a lot. Maninly for players who are able to reach +400 and more % crit. dmg

I am sorry that prefering 130k dmg over 110k dmg offended you so bad. I havent even said that i need 130k dmg, i just dont like being robbed of 20k dmg compared to other classes. Anyways in this game, higher dmg allows you to kill mosters faster, it makes farming more effective and whole gameplay experience much better. On top of that as 2h DK i prefer having highest dps of my group so I can hold boss attacking me all the time. If some players can use dragan set alongside with mortis set, i would have to use purple ess to compensate the difference.

20. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

How are you going to reach "+400 and more % crit. dmg" when you have to use HP everywhere to be able to do anything?

Yes, you will have about 2-3 times more dmg... at the cost of way lower crit dmg and lower crit rate. The only scenario where I see this working is 1h, where you could use offensive offhand to compensate the losses... but, even then, I'm not sure if this could make 1h valid if it could do all the same as 2h but at the risk of dying.

The fact that you are closer makes up for a lot of DPS... I'm not sure what the algorithm is, but both do matter.

Then... if you want to use a set that can kill you anytime so badly, maybe remove q7 that gets obsolete anyways with such high damage percentage increases?