Release 223

Discussion in 'Test Server' started by avalon31, Sep 25, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

No the gap is still there ... but at least I will have a longbow and quiver as a part of OK-ish set. Other classes don't have this issue only ranger has it. Because other classes got new weapons unlike rangers who got robbed off by converting longbows to hoaxbows.
    As for the sale it is probably a temporary sale ... which leads me to think that this is some kind of transition until other sets are being introduced.
    Not everyone has draken to spend for such sets ... they have to introduce new similar sets obtained from drop if they bring back Sargon again.

[​IMG]

Dzungla, kerad19711 and ΣMiwel like this.
  2. humunkulus

humunkulus Forum Apprentice

You are overcomplicating it and its easy to get lost in your math

"110 000 - 60% = 44000*2.4 = 105600 + 400%*17 = 1795200 in 3 seconds"
    If i understand you correctly, you made some huge misscalculation, since this should equal to 8976000, not 1795200. Then you would get 27M in 10 secs, which is close to your 30M q4+mortis+dragan calculation. Btw i think i counted 18 hits per 3 seconds, maybe I am wrong :) EDIT: i tested it in game and i actually counted 19 :)

No more calculations, please :) Yes, its obvious that q4+mortis will be better than q7 without Mortis. Not by so much though. Aswell its obvious that q7+mortis is much much stronger than q7+dragan, thus q7 still remains only 1 option for Mortis set.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
    DBS-Flamelurker likes this.
  3. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

yy I had to redo it 3 times xD <- because I used different bases every time first 110k and 150k then 170k and 130k and made mistakes and rectified them as you can see from me quoting myself (wonder why it doesnt show yet)

yes 18-19 but only 17 hits register <- no matter how many you hit it always only registers 17 hits

you get 19 smashes on 3.3 attack speed and up btw but still messy
    as you can see from the last edited time stamp I edited it about 2 hours ago
    [​IMG]

4. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

At last they have given you something

However there's the problem that you can only buy this set as t0, and the values are random and you're required to upgrade it
    I hope hat they keep this as a permanent, eventually

I think this is just a teaser for Sargon's eventual return and i think he's going to be the final boss of the new expansion or maybe he's going to be returned as his event, which would at least give something to 1hand players

5. Dемои

Dемои Forum Pro

I don't know why you still writing about dragan...
    With q7 and mortis set you will use other dmg set, DARK SET. Boots, armor and paudrons is enough for complete this all. With belt of zeal will be much better
    Q7 set
    Dark set paudrons, armor, boots
    Mortis set
    Belt of zeal
    Ring from blood mage for hp (you don't need crit if you have dark set)
    Ring from cubes/tear holder
    Khaly Cape
    This is enough for all classes if you want play on mortis set

Probably sargon will be exchange for gwenfara this time

6. DreamWill

DreamWill Forum Commissioner

hi:) I was one who answered to you that time not to hate you nor q7 set in fact I use that set, and I will not change it for something to spam all the time EA because I don't have problems in q7, but in 1-skill spamming: it's boring, braindead and make me to fall asleep.

Really since the stupid 1s pots you can spam EA all the time, without q7 and be more efficient than q7 because you don't need to wait the net; atm EA is enough for everything: damage, AoE damage and break-armor, "one skill to rule them all".

Since r220 i totally stop to use precision shot, the most elegant skill of the game, because is totally useless now, even it's stronger than the strongest DK's skill; imho EA should be for AoE dmg and break-armor, no more.

what I want is a rebalance on the tree skills to make them more specific, and the possibility to create nice combos.

Higher dmg on deadly sweep and scatter shot (or greater radius for this one), AoE stun on hunting trap, AoE marking on bird of prey (all enemies it can see not only the hit one) attack-speed dependence on blade-dance, hp, armor and resistance dependance on wild path to improve them and taunt effect on the tree, lower dmg and cost on EA, this is what rangers need.

A cloak like herald's cloak for mages that splits PS in two arrows at 75% of their dmg is a good beginning:)

ΣMiwel and DBS-Flamelurker like this.
  7. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

they have confirmed yesterday that gwenfare is coming back, expanded and with a new boss

8. hacker09897

hacker09897 Someday Author

Sorry but dark set 3/5 is weak , then Kara shoulders+ shous dragan set. I tested this and when i i get out one of part dragan set i lose 1800 dmg i mean shous my shoulders give 3k dmg so i will lose 4800 dmg 15%<4800 dmg. Your set will be great only for players which has problem with cores.(For strong players) I would prefer maybe mortis set + q7 set shoulders kara + dragan shous+ q8 torso or kara. Which dragan set is broken, so can change for blood ring :). 2/3 = 10% more crtical dmg + from blood ring 10% more critical hits so can changed so easy cloaks.

9. Dемои

Dемои Forum Pro

Yep I analysed it and this is better, 15% dmg from dark set you have just in pauldrons from kara :D
    With 3 kara parts this will be much better and you can use other set to buff yourself: kara cape, boots and mago adornment ;)

hacker09897 likes this.
  10. hacker09897

hacker09897 Someday Author

Yes but set kara: cape , shoes and cloak will be better only for mage on other classes will be ussless bcs 10 sec is too low to get full buff. That is why i took dragan shous.

11. DamarèRo

DamarèRo Padavan

So what is bad on using Q7 is not only EA? Btw if you fall on sleep go and have a nap!
    If i use Q7 why you think i will use only 1-skill, in this order from a frequently to low i use ?

- Hunting Arrow
    - Net + Explozive arrow
    - Thicket of thorns
    - Deadly blow
    - Adrenaline
    - Jump
    - Chink of steel (evade skill / i use only to evade when jump is not ready)

& very low:

- Wolfs
    - Bird of pray

Cheers!

12. DreamWill

DreamWill Forum Commissioner

to me the problem isn't q7 but that we have only one skill with so high damage that makes all the others useless:
    Let's immagine we have infinite concentration: we spam EA all the time because you don't need nothing more, and you can do this with pots.
    Actually q7 is the only reason I use net, if I remove q7 i will use only EA and don't need net anymore, so to me is worse than q7.

I want the skills more balanced with their own roles, for example:
    Hunting arrow is efficient to mark distant and isolated foes, but it's useless when many mobs surround you, deadly sweep is a better choice, but we need 3p to use it to mark, and has very ridiculous damage, so almost no one uses it, if it marks without talent points and change 3p with something different (increase poison damage?) it will be really better:)

Hunting trap is the strongest skill to mark large groups, but it does only this, so why should I use it when thicket of thorns is enough for a genocide? If 5p talent on ToT works only on marked enemies everything changes (really I hope they will never do this, or if yes with the other features to improve marking system), and the 5p on trap should stuns every enemy in a small area not only one to have a good stun, because net and bird of prey are slow.

As I already said: every DK is crying for a 300% skill and we have this skill, but it isn't in your list, why? Because we have no reason to use it anymore, even if it can pierce and hit enemies behind others and EA can't do this.

SS should be better than EA when enemies are scattered on a large area to hit them all, but it has so low damage, I use it only to abuse the double break-armor.

Bird of prey has no reason to be used, it's so slow, only because is funny to see it flying on your head:p why not change 3p talent and instead mark the hit enemy it will mark every mob that flew over? do you think it becomes more useful?

wolves have their base hp, arm and res values, it doesn't matter how strong you become they keep these values, so are totally useless in high modes where you need them more, and the tree should be an improvement but really it isn't:confused: they should get some % of your defensive stats (30% hp and 75% arm and res for wolves, 150% hp and 100% arm, res, block rate and block strength for the tree, it should taunt like guardian) not only the damage to make them more interesting and maybe in this way the tree can hit at least one time.

Imho with these improvements Ranger class (the class as it is, not the items that it wears:)) becomes better, more interesting and funny to use, do you agree?

13. humunkulus

humunkulus Forum Apprentice

I dotn know what you mean by "still wrtiting about dragan" I just said that q7 dependant classes gonna be hugely robbed, if they cannot use dragan alongside with mortis like other classes do. If you really think that Dark set can substitude Dragan set and 2/2 Witch seekers set, then i am gonna pray for your wasted Draken cores :D

Now seriously. You really wanna replace 34% weapon dmg, 17% max dmg and 11% attack speed for 3/3 Dark set? What? o_O

14. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

Sorry, but... you keep saying that. I don't think it means what you think it means.

With all due seriousness, do you know what you are talking about?
    Q7 set's value declines when using the new Q6 set.
    Witch chaser set's value declines when using the new Q6 set as well.
    Meanwhile... Dragan's set bonuses get multiplied by the new Q6 set.

Moreover, stacked (and thus multiplied) instead of being just summed with the Q6 set are bonuses from many other uniques.
    Reason?

There are 6 layers on which we can increase our damage output:
    1. flat damage*
    2. increased damage on this item
    3. increased weapon damage
    4. increased damage
    5. increased critical damage**
    6. increased skill damage
    * - not-percentage-damage, comes from base values, gems, jewels and unique values
    ** - efficiency in idealised statistical environment depends strictly on critical hit rate, which we assume 80% in case of thinking through a high-end build

Now, if you stack all your bonuses on eg. 4th layer... guess what happens? You're losing lots and lots of damage.
    Imagine a situation when you use Q7+Q6+NM+weapon transferred with 4x %ID (not otI)... how much damage would you have?

Now, the more you have on a layer (compared to the other layers), the less efficient it becomes compared to the other layers.

Let's take a hypothetical (not normally possible in this game) situation when you have:
    • only a single base damage on weapon (no minimum/maximum, no class base damage, no base damage on other items)
    • no increased damage on this item on the weapon
    • no increased weapon damage
    • 288% increased damage (4x platinum weapon?) + 500% id (q6) + 150% id (q7) + 19% id (nm pauldr.) = +957% id
    • no crits
    • no bonuses to skill damage from sets
    Your damage now equals to 10,57 times your base damage on weapon. No minimum and maximum, as assumed on the begin.
    What happens when you drop the q7 for the sake of dragan's set 3/4 (with ring)?
    You lose 150% id (q7), you gain 34% iwd.
    Now you have:
    • 1 base damage on weapon (no minimum/maximum) (no base damage on any other items)
    • no increased damage on this item on the weapon
    • +34% iwd (dragan)
    • 288% increased damage (4x platinum weapon?) + 500% id (q6) + 19% id (nm pauldr.) = +807% id
    • no crits
    • no bonuses to skill damage from sets
    Your damage now equals to 12,1538 times your base damage on weapon. Like... this is dummy-like explanation, but I'm trying to make sense of this. Weapon constitutes of most of your damage anyways... and with such high multipliers to global damage from other sources, weapon damage is worth more than other things. Actually, by exchanging +150% here for +34% there you're gaining about 15% in the outcome.
    Yes, this situation makes no sense (nobody is making such weapons, I ignored wisdom, I ignored torso, etc.), but I'm trying to make the point that it's better to spread between the layers rather than accumulate everything on one layer.

I'm pretty sure than q4/bloodrune and dragan is WAY better than q7 with the Mortis' set, because they give you the bonuses on different layers and thus their bonuses get multiplied by the q7 set, and Mortis' set bonus is not. Throw in red essences and your Q7 set gets useless in no time...

...that is, it would, if the Q6 set was of any use. You're dying too often with it, as of now. It's useless even in a group.

15. DBS-Flamelurker

DBS-Flamelurker Exceptional Talent

As the "old owl" kindly explained to you, Dragan is OP especially with Mortis.

With Mortis, only the boots are adding more than 3k damage. Q7 loses damage, Q4 gains more damage.

Dark set is useless.

16. Dzungla

Dzungla Forum Expert

I am just wondering, will I be able to add items from my "collection" with + at TM bag?! (instead anders)

For example, those below are 40-45 lvl items and l am not sure could it be done.

[​IMG]

17. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

I think they should work.

vegetadavid likes this.
  18. rcch

rcch Advanced

How do I calculate the HP reduction with Q6 set(is the modifer just 3.5)?
    if I have primary hp 7200
    abs modifier ~36000
    relative modifier 127%
    max ~100k atm
    Do not have formula to calculate hp reduction 250% from q6

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  19. ValkonGo

ValkonGo Regular

The formula is simple - the debuff is subtracted from the relative modifier
    Now you have (7200 + 3600) * (1+1.27) 24 516 hp
    With a set of Mortis will (7200 + 3600) * (1+1.27 - 2.5) = minus 2484 hp.
    Since hp cannot be negative, your hp will be 1

rcch likes this.
  20. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

Btw, does anyone know of any other new items coming with R223?
    If these pouldrons had 10% and 10% they would = awesome
    [​IMG]
    This staff needs atleast 10% speed and 25% damage to be usefull at all

[​IMG]

aBDuLHaMiTHaN likes this.