Release 223

Discussion in 'Test Server' started by avalon31, Sep 25, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

You have predicted it though.

They're converting longbows to hoaxbows because they're making the game "consistent". Ranger had a longbow everywhere where the other classes had a 2h weapon... because it was a unique class in this aspect. Longbow was like 2h speedwise, but it had slightly lower damage and it could be used with an offhand. Some "stupid elfs", as some call them, aka the noob ranger crykids, asked them to give ranger a "2h" weapon, because without it ranger is at a disadvantage. So, they took the skin of a unique longbow they discontinued, and they made it a hoaxbow, dropping with the same skin throughout all the levels. Then, they started converting all unique longbows that still remained into hoaxbows that have the same stats as the counterpart 2h weapons for the other classes (and are technically 2h - technically, because in reality all the ranger's weapons are 2h). They added some new longbows though and converted some of the shortbows into longbows... but they were extremely inconsistent in that. On top of that, all the new longbows (except for the new Sargon one) are meh, and of the converted shortbows only the cube one of any use for a high-end character.

Btw... has anyone tested if you can somehow dodge Mortis' killing blow?

trakilaki likes this.
  2. Mageshadow

Mageshadow Forum Greenhorn

Welcome, when will you expect updates ??

3. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

that shows their complete lack of creativity and their utter inability to balance without streamlining everything

4. jarpad69

jarpad69 Forum Greenhorn

q6 set is very useful for bosses and also farming in maps on infernal3-4 modes. And don't worry about HP, when buff reaches 500% dmg and -250% hp your max hp will be 1 so you will die 1 hit. The wisdom skill SECOND CHANCE works and you won't lose buff. Also you have a very low chance that mortis appears and slaps you and you die and lose buff.
    Anyway, i still believe its the best set to farm bosses if you got a tank. For me, as a mage, its much easier to kill bosses. ( 107k dmg 5 crit dmg, 80% crit hit rate inf 4, mana pots and green essence takes me like 40 seconds for Grimmag in q1 infernal 4). Suggestion for playing: kara set (belt, torso and pauldrons), mortis set amuleth with crit dmg and helmet with damage ( i use critical hit rate Tonic from Jarlshofn). dragan set (boots, gloves and ring with critic damage) , mortis ring with crit damage, cloack of heroes crafted with damage + the unique 9% damage value, bloodmoon staff.
    GOOD LUCK! :)

5. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Consistent? Really?
    So why are there still many different type of weapons for different class. Like in example Weapons of the End of Time.
    SWs have longbow/mace like weapon, rangers have shortbow, DKs have axe and SMs have 2H.

6. THQ1.King

THQ1.King Forum Apprentice

I think this is a very nice and fun way and a terrible extra experience, high damage that is required with many players makes the game better, instead of 3 minutes trying to kill a leader now I can kill him this new group faster, I know that steam will not be the best this group I see a good (even in the future a new update makes monsters stronger) and I liked the idea does not need to be in craft

7. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

What do you even mean? Like... this is not only not proper English, but this is impossible to understand.

8. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

It seems he took a conversation from another language and pasted it into google translate and then pasted it here.
    Same goes for gwenfara weapons personally as a dk would have loved to see a mace with dmg like the ghost bow.
    The ranged classes offensive of hand cannot be crafted like a shield either and vise versa.
    In spite of the door at destructor indicating only an axe for dks and only a mace like weapon for mages, dks do drop a mace and a sword there too, unsure if it drops in 3 varieties for sm and ranger.
    Btw would Aegis bow be ranger equivalent of Legend? <- am well aware the values are totally different but have to ask xD

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  9. gbit

gbit Forum General

Sorry, I have a doubt: The offensive Sargon set is permanently offered from Gnob or the offer expires after few days?
    Thanks for answer.

10. EmilyRose

EmilyRose Forum Commissioner

trakilaki likes this.
  11. trakilaki

I haven't logged in on TS for few days just to avoid my game freezing on live server ... but at the time I saw them (twice), both Sragon sets were temporary offer. But the weird thing was they were placed together with the permanent shop items.
    They probably forgot to remove them from DC ...
    Now that you mention, I wonder what will they replace those tears with in the DC ... skins maybe?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    mrmlja and gbit like this.
  12. gbit

gbit Forum General

Thank you for the info.

trakilaki likes this.
  13. trakilaki

mrmlja and Iselda like this.