Suggestion Removing cores from a crafted item

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Conqueror21, Mar 31, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Conqueror21

Conqueror21 Forum Apprentice

I think it would be nice if we could remove cores from a crafted item.Last week I crafted my adornment and after a couple days I found a legendary with much better stats.If we could remove cores in the workbench we 'd be able to adapt our build anytime (without having to wait for an event to get draken cores for example).I am not sure whether we should keep the legendary item (or unique for soul core removal) or not , or what the cost should be for the removal(matteri/gold/ander) ,so I'm going to need your opinion.

2. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

And what opinion should we have? Any proposal that allows us to recover the most hard-earned resources is, of course, fantastic. But between being fantastic and being plausible, there is usually a wide difference. What is too good for us is the opposite for the production, and vice versa.

Certain proposals, such as the retrieving of the cores as well of the enchantments, are simply not acceptable by the production, to the current state of things. Unless the price (of any kind) for this recovery is not high enough to almost completely offset the benefit that would accrue to the player.

If, as suggested in the latest Development Team Letter, they will introduce substantial changes to the gameplay, then who knows.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  3. gbit

gbit Forum General

totally agree...you must give to Caesar...

4. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Well said.

Too many people forget that the developers won't do anything unless it is likely to help the bottom line, but they certainty won't do something that would actively hurt their bottom line in any way. The idea of recovering the enchantments, cores, or other currently expendable resources is not reasonable at this time. Just a little bit ago someone had made a thread about wanting to do cross unique crafting which is a broken idea similar to this one and my response to the OP is the same as it was to the other thread:
    Don't craft until you are sure that you are making the right choice. If you found an item with better stats than the ones you transferred to your unique, then you made a mistake by not crafting a proper legendary to transfer. The items I select to transfer to uniques have at least 3/4 gold lines which will be relavant for a long time while I work on crafting a "perfect" item. The closest I've ever gotten to "regret" was a unique amulet that I used for over three months. I spent Draken Cores to transfer a 3/4 amulet and then I spent more cores to augment it, but ultimately decided to replace it three months down the road. I regret that I spent so many Draken Cores (about 500 total), but I know that it helped me then (replacing a LVL 50 legendary) and it was a reliable piece for a long time, so my total regret is rather low.

semen470 and Novadude like this.
  5. Conqueror21

Conqueror21 Forum Apprentice

Well the reason why I crafted an item that could have been better is very simple;lack of inventory.I believe that the most significant advantage premium users have is exactly that,the extra "space".Ever since the cores showed up,I have got something like 3-5 free item-slots.I had to throw old items,and I collect andermants only to give them for more inventory.That's why I can't craft particularly good items; I can't pick up the majority of the resources needed to make them.Every time I get premium from a bonus code I try to make as much use of it as possible.
    PS The core's removal could be partial.As long as it is not extreme,as you guys pointed out.

6. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

I vote no for the same reasons Baragain stated.

7. _Baragain_

By that logic, perhaps core extraction should also destroy the item... then you would have to think long and hard about which is worth more... cores or a unique.

Long story short, at this time, this idea will not happen. It defeats the purpose of taking care when crafting. If inventory is your problem, start saving Andermant. With 10800 Ander and you can open three lines worth of inventory, or you can spend 2k for 5 slots in the locker. Save it for a day when you have a good daily deal so you can get the most bang for your buck. Until you find yourself in my position with over five pages of crafting ingredients, a full page of essence and other consumables, half a page devoted to gems, and a locker full to the brim with quest items, uniques, and consumables, you have plenty that you can do to alleviate your inventory space problem. I have all my slots unlocked, but still routinely run with about 35-40 inventory spaces to pick up gear in a run which runs out quick in the PWs.

Conqueror21 likes this.
  8. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

This idea is not feasible

A better idea would be to make cores buyable from vendors at the end of each quest

9. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

Hmm... I think that there was a time, long before I got here 2.5 years ago, when Glyphs, once used, were gone. Now we can get them back by Melting, or more recently, by removing the glyphs from an item.

So here is my vote: If you melt an item you put glyphs and/or cores into, then you get both the glyphs and the cores back.

10. _Baragain_

Melting has been around from the start. Removal came about year and an expansion later.

11. VoulaAek1

VoulaAek1 Forum Connoisseur

It would be more reasonable if you had the chance to take back the 1/3 of the cores you spent for an item. Not all of them, because that's the point of the game, farming so as to improve your equipment. Otherwise, everyone will collect 1500 of each cores and will be fine for a long long time. Thats not right.

GoulishNightmares likes this.
  12. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

I see cores as expendable items, like other lost items when crafting or like ander. Once used, it is gone. This is unlike gems which turn into more powerful gems or glyphs which improve an item.

13. Inventory space is one of the most valuable components of the game imo. Recently ive been working on my ranger and let me tell you, dso pushes that inventory unlock package like a BAD HABIT lol. If you can purchase it, get it. It really helps but then again my mage is lvl 55 and has all inventory and still has some spaces but not much left open due to crafting items. You just have to be weary of what you keep for crafting and not make hasty decisions if there is possibility of better results later. Cores are so hard to come by so spend them wisely.

14. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

More stuff to buy from merchants and less stuff to get from drops . NO THANKS!

As for the suggestion ... cores are expendable and they should remain that way.

semen470 likes this.
  15. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

It was just a suggestion

I know that they would use such a suggestion to lower the drop rates and the quantity of drops, but it is clear that the drop rates and drop quantities should stay the same while the cores would be buyable

It's just boring to running the same maps hundreds of time to farm cores

But there is already a way to convert materi fragments into cores

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.