Suggestion Rescue of Legendary Items

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by RaphaxD, Jul 2, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Would you like the idea developed and implemented in the game?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaphaxD

RaphaxD Forum Greenhorn

Good as everyone knows how to make items on the countertop is not an easy task even more when it comes to items full of golden magic like the example of this:

[​IMG]

In many cases it takes more than a month to do the much-desired item. With the new system of craft on the bench after the item is technically crafted you lose it, as it also loses the right to craft it in another single item of another set (core of the soul - transfer of spells only for the same single Top level), where you end up being forced to make another perfect item on the bench, something that particularly makes things much more complicated, as many people end up in the fear of crafting the item with fear that in the future can come a better set.
    Now comes my "Legendary Craft Item Rescue" proposal. I think a lot of people would like to retrieve the legendary item from the single by the main reason I quoted above, being able to crafta it into another single item from another set.
    There could be a stone to make the removal of the legendary item from the one, it would drop from monsters bosses of the worlds and could also be purchased at the merchant "Salvendar (Trader of Material Fragments)".
    As far as I thought about Material Fragments would cost around 50-100K.
    I hope you like the idea.

Link from brazilian forum: http://pt.bigpoint.com/drasaonline/board/threads/resgate-de-itens-lendarios.61759/

Last edited by moderator: Jul 2, 2017
  2. TitoRibeiro

TitoRibeiro Forum Greenhorn

Congratulations @RaphaxD. i hope it's implemented. :D;)

3. Fugnuts

Fugnuts Forum Master

I agree.Even if the unique items were to be destroyed in the process, id still like to have a way to undo the legendary to unique transfer in order to recover the legendary item.

4. krawler2018

krawler2018 Junior Expert

better idea would be to let u pick the lines u want not random, it would be good for pve but hell on earth in pvp

5. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

No.... just... no!

Crafting with no randomness just means that you are guaranteed to get godlike items with zero luck and minimal grind. Those items need to be earned slowly and surely.

Also, I'm against the idea of being able to recover the legendary used to build the unique from the unique. The decision to invest a legendary's stats into a unique should be a carefully thought out decision that is not taken lightly. It reminds me of glyphs back when they were first introduced. Back then, you could not remove glyphs from an item, so you had the think carefully before investing your glyphs because the only way to get them back was to melt the item. Anytime you remove the consequences from a process, even if it destroyed the unique that you were extracting it from, you cheapen the importance of thoughtful investment.

6. TitoRibeiro

TitoRibeiro Forum Greenhorn

Mr @_Baragain_ , your example of the glyphs is very outdated. The game evolved and evolved constantly. Like the glyphs, the legendary must also be recovered.

7. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

I agree wholeheartedly with @_Baragain_ precisely because the game and the uniques are constantly evolving. Crafting a 4/4 legendary is the hard part and should be. Getting the uniques and transfer crafting is simply a mater of grind.

This suggestion would mean that a player would only need to craft a 4/4 once for the life of the game. After that it would just be a matter of using that same item over and over on the flavor-of-the-day unique.

So I also say no. I have only managed to craft two 4/4s since the introduction of crafting 2.0 but I still say, "no," to this suggestion.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  8. RaphaxD

RaphaxD Forum Greenhorn

Another thing, even if you choose very well all the items you will "craft", drakensang online is an RPG game and it will always be subject to many changes, so much so that every month we have a new release in the game. What ends up making the choice of a definite set very complicated, in my point of view this suggestion would solve such problem.

9. rogue07

rogue07 Someday Author

how about just increasing the chances of gold lines being transferred during crafting?

now i know lot of the big players dont approve of making things any easier for anyone else than they had it :D lol but for real though, it doesnt have to be a big 50% extra chance, just a bit would be enough.

the grindfest of DSO can be somewhat impractical, lots of veterans have quit due to the amount of nonstop farming it takes to get just one gold line and most likely keep failing at that 1 gold line for a week.

not drastically reducing the grind, lets say... perhaps a 20% reduction for the grinding required?

we all know a simple fact in gaming: grind overtakes rewards by ridiculous amounts only when the reward is lacking in itself, therefore increasing its value purely on player effort in terms of "completion" drive.
    the more ideas they run out of, the worse the grind gets, heck eventually getting a legendary in infernal to drop will take like 10 runs at this rate lol

Please_enter_a_name likes this.
  10. eHss

eHss Forum Apprentice

@MikeyMetro @_Baragain_

I hope you both got 2-3 sets of weapons/boots/helmets...

BP just do not give any information about new sets, events or something like that, making 4-5 items 4x golden stats cost around 1 month for good player with really hard "farm"

11. Saved_81

Saved_81 Forum Master

But we don't have any crystal ball to see what will be introduced in the future so your beloved 4/4 item that it took mounths to be crafted will be vanished because a better set/unique is released and this isn't a matter of "carefully thoughts".

I'm someone that thinks to any possible aspect and I've done dozens of simulations but everything is useless when you look at things like R193 and R194 changements/nerfs and when you look @ all the new sets released/removed.

ATM, infact, you'd better NOT transfer any 4/4 but just make a lot of 3,5/4 so you won't have any regret and this is the best advice anyone can follow.

I don't support the idea because I think it would be easier to make a unique to leg transfer but definatly the idea is worth to consider if the devs have the intention to release a lot of new sets/uniques.

12. Demon

Demon Forum Mogul

If this is going to be implemented it will be much easyer to play and all the pleasure you get when you craft a good legendary will gone.Also old enchantments like pure dmg and crit will return to be crafted in new OP items and this is bad.
    In my opinion also the augment cores and the ideea behind the rank level up is wrong.
    They should make us craft the base stats too and transfer them on unique items is much more competitive feature.
    And they should put that augment cores on bosses drop and on vendor just like soul cores and pristine cores.

13. SillySword

SillySword Regular

Crafting 2.0 is a good feature to combine unique set bonus and legendary item. But I don't like the way it's implementing now. IMHO, it would be better to use something like another kind of Rune with set bonus, additional enchantment and only works on specific legendary item.

14. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

It is called good judgement. I look at the Bellicose set and think to myself "I can see myself using that for months to come because it aligns with my character build style. I think it is worth investing legendary items into it."

On the other hand, when I crafted 4/4 speed gloves about 4 months ago, I looked at my unique options and said to myself, "The Q7 gloves look nice... maybe I should transfer the speed lines to them. However, if/when they rework the Bellicose set, I'm going to regret that decision... better not." And it turns out that I was right. People who just care about the here and now and don't plan carefully for the future development of their character deserve to have to put in extra effort down the road. It is like the ant vs the grasshopper. I'm an ant, slowly building up and investing in the sure thing while I see all the grasshoppers around me with their nice stuff that they will be regretting when I pass them.
    2H DKs everywhere have transferred their pre R185 weapons into either the Q7 weapon or the Q4 weapon because they wanted big damage fast. Meanwhile, I'm still running around with my LVL 50 axe working on a LVL 55 2H axe with gold stats. I looked at those two weapons and said to myself "I don't want to get my weapon locked into a "hammer" that may be good now but will be second class compared to a unique 2H axe or even a high quality legendary down the road." I am already practice what I preach and exercise this careful judgement that I speak of.

If you could just indiscriminately pull out a legendary with the base stats then that just means you make the perfect set of enchantments once and never have to craft again. Personally, thinking like BigPoint, they won't implement this idea because it would result in significantly decreased revenue since there would be reduced crafting. I guess it is lucky for me that my idea of balanced happens to line up with BigPoint's business interests.

15. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

No from me .
    What you people are thinking ... that I am stupid that I don't craft my items ... and still waiting for a good equipment while playing with the old level 50 gear or plain level 55 uniques?
    Crafting legendary items should be art ... not a daily exercise. Most of the players are not even having good crafted legs. They only craft for golden lines ... that is wrong!
    Only golden line close to the maximum possible value is to be considered for crafting.

This suggestion is totally unacceptable.

_Baragain_ and MikeyMetro like this.
  16. lewcar

lewcar Padavan

This absolutely needs to come, although it should not be a norm/ easy thing to do so make it very costly like say 300k materi. Since there are very valid points for both side.. but more to the point they will alway release new items/update things that we have no idea about. People should have a right to spend materi they've farmed for a long period of time rather than spend another month+10k gold to make enchants they already made..

17. Chiven

Chiven Forum Greenhorn

Hi Guys, just wanted to suggest something from crafting things at game. Since we can craft and transfer enchantment of legendary items to our unique items. WHY WE DON'T HAVE EXTRACTION PROCESS? Separate the unique and legendary enchantments again? Personal opinion only. Thanks

18. Shine2

Shine2 Board Administrator Team Drakensang Online

Hi there Chiven, thank you for your suggestions - I have moved your thread/post here to Creative Corner, where all lovely ideas are kept:) Keep up all the good work!:)

kind regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.