Suggestion Rethink matchmaking ?

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by NSDT-returns, May 2, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. NSDT-returns

NSDT-returns Someday Author

With last pvp update I was expecting a far better matchmaking.
    Indeed, having only 1 solo and 1 group mode each day seemed to be far better to have a decent matchmaking despite a low amount of players.
    I was probably far too optimistic because matchmaking feels worse now.
    There is a new issue now: there are a lot more level 50-54 (a lot more than in previous release). It is a big issue since they are basically useless and they won't have any fun playing vs lvl55 with t7 - t8 items when they can have t3 max.
    The other issue is the same as before: matchmaking should balance the high rank players and low rank players between each team so the game is fair ( don't tell me a marshall has no advantage over a centurion: he has his pvp talents that give him better bonuses + he should have more pvp experience ). Here is one usual example where all marshall + ranked players are in the same team.

[​IMG]

So please, try to rethink the algorithm: Most people rather wait 2 minutes for a fair game than 30s for a totally one-sided game.
    It's not that hard to balance the total honor points of the 2 teams ...
    The algorithm could wait a few seconds more to get 20 players instead of 10 and put the 10 higher ranked together in a game and the 10 lower ranked in another game instead of launching when he has 10 players.

2. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Moved to the right section.
    Please, provide your feedback in the appropriate thread.

3. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

The thing is, it seems that the four first places (or maybe all of them) in the team on the right are simply friends/guildmates who signed for the pvp together in a group.
    That is the problem.

I think that there are three possible solutions to this problem:
    1. Remove signing in groups for pvp altogether
      • simplest way
      • may leave some players upset
    2. Lower the max group limit for every kind of group pvp to 2 members
      • the compromise way
      • still promotes that kind of unfair matchmaking to some extent
    3. Let the groups be matched only against another group, i.e. a 5 member group could be matched only against another 5 member group, a 3 member group could be matched only against a team in which there is a 3 member group, etc.
      • the hard way
      • might almost completly disable group matchmaking anyways, as the playerbase as a whole, let alone the pvp playerbase, is probably too low for such a solution to really work
    I am honestly for the first solution, not sure about others.

MaxDisappointed likes this.