Returning player looking for gear ideas

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by 9ndrei, Sep 13, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Morinphen already gave you my crafting 2.0.3 guide. Ignore the bitter tone since that was after we had an even better version on test server that was scrapped. Follow the method I described and you will be able to craft these god items in time. Everyone I've met who complains about the existing crafting system not giving them good stuff is just tossing gear on the bench and hoping for the best. For example, I've tried to explain it to one player, but they insist on collecting purple items with gold stats and working with those, despite me telling them that green and blue items is where they get the most benefit... In fact, the don't even ID their green and blue items:eek:. Before Crafting 2.0, we were about equal. Now, I have more than double their DPS (close to tripple), so trust me, it works.

As to what makes as item good, that depends on your build goals. Figure out what you want, and work towards crafting your ideal items for your builds. The Crafting Results thread should give you an idea of the possiblities.

9ndrei likes this.
  2. 9ndrei

9ndrei Forum Expert

Going from green/blue, up the chain towards a legendary.. sounds good to me. It might take a lot of time, it might take a lot of gold, but.. that's basically the game. Gonna read the guide though. Sounds interesting.

Thanks.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  3. David_Tactic

David_Tactic Someday Author

That's what i meant

trakilaki likes this.
  4. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Don't forget the events ...which are usually bringing crappy gear but you can find one or two items worth taking into consideration.

5. 9ndrei

9ndrei Forum Expert

Hehe, if they are like the current event, I don't think I should take the items into consideration.

6. -HARRA81-

-HARRA81- Forum Mogul

For 1-hand in pvp I would recommend the following items for you as a balanced build.

Heredur set Helmet and Offhand
    Pauldrons of the Blackwarlod
    Legend torso with 3-4x % damage or and/or 1x damage or armor
    Legend gloves with 4x attack speed
    Magotina's Cloak and Boots.
    Grimmag weapon decoration.
    You can use 1-2 bloodtooth and maybe full crit belt and/or amulet depending the crit rate you wanna go with

7. -Skyfire-

-Skyfire- Someday Author

Just realized this yesterday. I have a weak character (4k dps, 7.5k hp) so thought I should focus on getting 2 gold lines from 2 pinks rather trying to get the 1.8% chance of getting 3 out of 4. And then I realized most of my current gear would likely be similar to or even better than the 2 gold line leg unless I got lucky with the other 2 enchantments. But because of my "mistake" I did craft some items that significantly helped my character at the time of crafting so maybe it isn't such a bad idea for weaker characters. I did ID everything and crafted some of it from green up but my aim was mostly only to get a 2 gold line legendary.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  8. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

If you have a weak character and want to get an intermediate legendary piece to use while still crafting that endgame piece, just use roughly the same process but a lower cutoff number for your pieces. Initially, I used 45% and +80 as my cutoff for my mechs 2H and ended up crafting a gun with 140% weapon damage and +95 to 100 for the plus damage line, with 2 slots. I did something similar with my dk for the adornment, lowering my cutoff to about +200 crit and getting a 4x crit adornment for +860 crit at level 50.

Using this process, by way, means more of the pinks you farm will have 2x "good" lines.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  9. -Skyfire-

-Skyfire- Someday Author

The thing is now I am short on gold and inventory space rather than gold lines, probably because I was focused on pink into legendary crafting. But I do think it is very good advice in general. I can't bring myself to melt pinks with only one really good gold line yet even though I have stopped trying to craft with those.

10. _Baragain_

That is correct, and even I recognize the use of that. I have a mech that had been using a purple 2H. It was a good one, but it was still an exo. I did a craft that I would have never have wasted time or items to attempt on my DK, but I made the following 2H and it gave me 1k more base damage which will make things better while I hunt for more and better items. I lost 2x gold lines, but now I am better equipped to farm in the meantime.
    [​IMG]

Most of the advice I give is directed towards end game players trying to get that edge that thye can't get any other way.

I'd never waste good items by melting them. Instead, I'd keep the top two and put them in the first and second spots while I'd put the lower end ones in the third and fourth places. If you lose them, at least it isn't as wasteful as melting them. In those circumstances, I'd also say that accepting a 2/4 legendary would be good.

11. -Skyfire-

-Skyfire- Someday Author

I'm assuming this means putting the gold liners I get from drops on slot 3 and 4, while using the ones I crafted on slot 1 and 2.

The thing is most of the pinks with good lines I get from drops only have 1 slot (I even have a 0 slot 2h pink with 2 enchantment I'd use, 1 good gold and 1 right at the cutoff)... but considering I don't have good gems anyway this sounds like a very good strategy even if I get something like a 2 slot leg. Don't know if I should do it for weapons/adornments though, since those slots really do help.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  12. _Baragain_

That part takes a little math. With the exception of 1/3 gold line exos that I use to improve my odds at getting what I want, I only use 4 slot exos in spots three and four. So what I did was look at my items and asked myself if it was worth it to add slots to the two items that I put in spots three and four. Here is what the thought process looked like:

"Hummm, I have 2x two slot items with 2/3 gold lines. If I craft them with 2x four slot items, I get a three slot item. From there, it will cost me 1600+4200=5800 andermant to open the fourth and fifth slots. But what if I added one slot to each 2/3 exo so that I'd get a four slot legendary out. That would cost me 400+400+1600=2400 andermant to get the legendary to be 5 slots... I guess I'll spend the 800 andermant now so that I save over 3000 andermant in the process."

Think that through for every combination you can come up with of adding slots at different stages and you can save yourself quite a bit of andermant in the process. Also, you could see where it would do you no good so that you don't waste andermant.

13. bennfros

bennfros Someday Author

I tried few times with different slot combinations and got result like this:

to get 4 slots in crafted item you need at least 14 slots in 4 ingredients
    to get 3 slots in crafted item you need at least 10 slots in 4 ingredients
    to get 2 slots in crafted item you need at least 6 slots in 4 ingredients
    to get 1 slot in crafted item you need at least 2 slots in 4 ingredients

so sometimes when you have like 1+2+3+3 (9) slots worth to wait till you get 1 ingredient with 1 more slot to get better result.

14. _Baragain_

Or you could add one slot to the item with only 1 slot (if it is a good item with the enchantments that you want). That way, you will always get a 3 slot item if you use a minimum of 3 slot junk items. Or, you could leave them alone and use 1x3 slot and 1x4 slot junk items. Or, or, or, or... There are a lot of things to consider and while I may write a guide, there is still a lot of personal judgement calls to make.

15. Troneck86

Troneck86 Forum Great Master

I like to have my first two slots have at least 4 slots in them each, which means I'll need to have each of those come out with 2 slots when going from blue>pink. That way, I can use 2 slot pinks in slots 3-4 and still get a 3 slot legendary. 5800 Andermant is nothing to me, seeing as a 3/4 gold legendary will last me way longer than the time it takes to farm that much Andermant before it becomes obsolete.

16. -Skyfire-

-Skyfire- Someday Author

So assuming I use a 1 slot item with a gold line (that I got from drops) and a 4 slot generic item for junk, this means I only need 5 slots in my first 2 good items to get 3 slots. So I could even use my 0 slot pink as a good item if I open up 1 slot (the other item would have been crafted from greens so will most likely have 3+ slots, meaning if I end up with 3, I can open up 1 slot). I'm still in the process of crafting that good pink since for some reason it's impossible to find blue 2h with 4 slots for junk, but I think it's a good plan for the future. The bigger problem is I now have less than 2 lines of inventory space with this event even after opening 7 lines and 4 more in the locker lol (*edit: turns out to be 10 and 7).

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.