Feedback returning player....my memory this bad?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by FAALHAAS, May 17, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FAALHAAS

FAALHAAS Board Analyst

Hey all to whomever reads or will respond :)

I played this game in i think the very first stage and it seems to me lots of things changed...or my memory is completely scrambled.

One of the things (i started a new toon, cus the one i had, well i was completely lost XD) i noticed is; in my memory kingshill was different and also the map before that and well to me it looks like everything is different. I do remember i farmed certain dungeons at early level...and they seem to be gone. (dont remember the names...but knowing i now am at the level of my old toon, i didnt come across of them)

Also i recall an item we needed to identify...well am very glad they're gone :D

Then one of my biggest issues: WTH happend to pvp???? I enter, with pretty good gears (as in, alllot better than my old toon) yet i die in literly 1 hit. How can a lvl25 hit 3-4k dmg? while my hp isnt even half of that.
    Is this cus people have been sitting this lvl for eternity? Do they cash like mad and buy all the gems? What is goin on here?
    I came back to this game, cus i remember pvp was pretty fun...but now im scratchin my head and thinking where the hell did i fall into :(

Soo can someone tell me if my memory is completely *peeped* or did this game indeed change allot and answer my PVP issue please :)

peace oet!

FaalHaaz

2. Shine2

Shine2 Board Administrator Team Drakensang Online

Hello, FAALHAAS ;welcome to DSO Forum:) We are happy for you to be back in game.Things have changed since you left- one could write a book:) As to your question regarding PvP , since I'm not an expert in that field, I shall let other users answer and elaborate upon it:) In the mean time I would like to invite you to visit our awesome, official Wiki - you'll find tonnes of information, hints, maps, detailed event descriptions and many more:

http://drakensangonline.wikia.com/wiki/Drakensang_Online_Wiki

Kind regards,
    Enjoy!

3. BigHink

BigHink Forum Inhabitant

PvP is 90% twinks and cashers below level 55. It is not worth playing except to complete daily quests. Maybe some day twinks will be addressed so that everyone gains XP regardless of circumstances but for now you have insane stats from people constantly running parallel worlds with XP blockers. The PvE part of game has changed immensly and continues at least to me to be fun and rewarding.

4. FAALHAAS

FAALHAAS Board Analyst

Ok thats a bit sad to hear :( I reallly hate sitters in any game. And if i understand correct, the game motivates it too with its xpblockers.......hmmpf thats really a let down.

I like the PVE part aswell, but now it looks like I've got to levelup to 55 (which is max. lvl i guess) to enjoy the pvp part. And knowing from other games, endgame PVP = need good gears n stuffs. So it will take a very longggggtime before i can enjoy PVP !!??
    Well thanks for the info !

----------------MERGED------------

Got another question :)

I got some of those yellow gear drops. Something like Splendid blablabla gloves.

Now i thought woooohooooooooo cool drop, but when i compared them to my lower level blue gloves, the cool yelllow ones are allllot less good than my crappy lvl23 blue.

Sup with this? :\

Last edited by moderator: May 18, 2017
  5. Shine2

Shine2 Board Administrator Team Drakensang Online

Hello FAALHAAS , I have merged your posts- please be advised that we do not write one post after another but instead you could for example edit your post and add your next question to it . As to your question- The whole fun now is to craft a legendary item and then move cool bonus lines into a unique item. It may seem a bit complicated at the start but here are a couple of useful links to our Wiki that should explain it better:

1) start with basics:
    http://drakensangonline.wikia.com/wiki/Crafting_2.0

2) then when you are ready move on to the next level:
    http://drakensangonline.wikia.com/wiki/Crafting_-_extension

I hope you enjoy it!
    Kind regards:)

6. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

Yes, a lot has changed. Cities, quests, dungeons. All of those have changed.
    Items are no longer need to be identified. Crystals of Truth are long gone and the drop rates have drastically increased. A long time ago I remember even getting a green drop made me happy. Now even a legendary is like meh!

PvP has changed with the introduction of Glyphs of Power (or called melts). You can melt dropped gear to get Glyphs and use these to upgrade your equipment. Those days it was not possible.

Low level PvP players use this technique to upgrade their gear to higher levels and this is why they have a lot of damage and health.

Also, now there is something called wisdom. You can use wisdom points to gain further benefits (more damage, more power, etc.)

Low level PvP is a mess. My advice and most here would say to level up to 55 and then start PvP. No, you don't have to farm a lot of be good at level 55 pvp.
    When my first char reached level 55, and as soon as I entered I was at the bottom of 5v5 score lists, after 2 weeks of farming got me to usually appear on 2nd or 3rd place.
    After 4 weeks of farming usually I get highest or 2nd score and that was enough for me and now I am focusing on getting my other chars also to 55.

Yogo likes this.
  7. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

Personally, I'd start over as if I had never played the game before. That way, there are no (mis)conceptions on what to expect. Things are changing even faster now (like in the last 8 weeks) than they ever have. it is the "Mt. Toad's Wild Ride." Hang on!!

8. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

Don't listen to him, that's definitely irelevant considering your level. Transfer crafting is available only after lvl 50 and currently only for PW and Full Moon uniques so far. And crafting is way too expensive and needs too many resources for it to be feasible for a leveling character.
    So to confirm what you've already noticed... Unique items, especially low lvl ones, have crappier stats that what you can get from normal items, but uniques are usually used for set bonuses. But the Splendid set is the most useless one. You can use some of its parts if you don't have better ones though.

9. gun

gun Forum Great Master

Hi FALLHASS,

The Splendid set are nice as a set. Magic items may have better stats compared to individual Splendid.
    Personally I like Splendid set & the other set when reach lvl30+ for my low level toon.

For me being end game level in context of PVP, meaning is to gain the same access & chance to wear "equal gears" with the opponents. That's it nothing more.
    You may say:
    I'm afraid it is longer than that.

When you hit end game level, there are some iterations of process need to get through until that "equal gears" really be equal.
    The process would be.. obtaining items, gathering resources, making it better through crafting or glyph, getting gems, so on... These process kinda like a loop until the gears reach it maximum potential.

Maybe you can elaborate more about the meaning of enjoying PVP. It may have meanings differ one another.
    In short, I've been developing my toon as end game level almost a year. But I have not enjoy the PVP part of this game.

My version of enjoying PVP is when I feel the adrenaline in it. I have not find adrenaline in PVP aspect of this game so far.
    The result of my fights very predictable. Perhaps that's why I have not feel anything in it yet.
    I've seen some old PVP videos where 2 players regardless their classes, trying to hit, avoid hit, moving to best position, doing skill combo, waiting perfect timing for a skill, fleeing, rushing. They were doing it so intense, it's kind like they doing those multiple activities in the same time. I enjoy that kind of fight shown in that videos and imagine my self would have a good adrenaline if I could be on of them at that time.
    But I think I never will.

Making PVP enjoyable as my version is hard to do in this game genre. And what being developed far as I can remember are the game contents & changes of some contents. Unfortunately more of these turn out affecting negatively upon PVP experience.

10. krawler2018

krawler2018 Junior Expert

many players now have damage over 3000 in the 20's level some even lower, i wonder how many glyphs they have used, do they upgrade items to level 60 when they are 20 something?

11. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Yes. They generally upgrade armor, resist, crit chance, and block to a little over 80% (to deal with the occasional pvp opponent at level+5) and then pour everything into gear that boosts their damage and hp. An ordinary leveling character has no chance.

12. krawler2018

probably gems 2 they have in each item 5 slots open and with polished gems and above

13. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

That goes without saying.

A lot of them have flawless and up. Especially if they have premium and pw access and joker gems.

14. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

Not true. This is a pure assumption. The strong 2H characters in lower levels (Centurion to Knights) are on average have 800-1500 damage and about 1% of twinks have over 2000 damage. The highest I have ever seen is a Dwarf with 2800 damage who kills pretty much anyone in one shot. Strong 1H characters usually have 400-800 damage and probably a handful has above 1000.

Most players have gear upgraded up to 5 levels (but as they level, these could be well below their level), but gets the weapon blue or pink upgraded to 45 or maximum 48.
    I have never seen anyone at lower levels with a weapon or shield above level 48.

And also 99% of twinks wear lesser than polished gems. Only a handful of players have polished or above.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    MikeyMetro likes this.
  15. FAALHAAS

FAALHAAS Board Analyst

Thanks all for the replies! I tried to multi-quote, but either im doing something wrong or this forum works wihtout it...

I did decide to just go with the PVE part and see where it brings me. I did melt all my splendid armors, cus when i equiped them, stats were like 30-40% less than my blue\pink ones. (they all tier1...so i guess thats why) . I'm doing quite ok (ima dwarf class) solo so far and getting pretty nice drops. They def. upped the droprate by 10000% since lasttime i played and well not really sure if thats a good thing, but ok, ill go with the flow :)

As for PVP, now that im lvl33 it seems to have less sitters and i managed to get some kills YIHHAAA :D And i also talked with some of the ''twinks'' you talk about and the most insane one was a lvl20 mage with 5.5k dmg. Now its their cash and all, so I wont tell them what i think hehe :D
    I still manage to have some fun PVP-wise, but sadly it isnt what it was years ago. Like ''Gun'' above me here said, as i remember a PVP duel could take a long time cus dmg wasnt this insane and also i rmemeber health bubbles in pvpzones. Overall it had a completely different tactic compared to now; ''all matters is good gears''. Back then, it was really really fun!

Now I also have read tons of stuff on the wiki-pahe (which was very cool, cus i found stuff i remember from years ago that now is deleted) and i learned quite allot. I do however am a bit confused how to plan ahead for my grind to lvl55.
    I pick up everything i can melt/sell and so far melting everything except rings\amulets since they give me good silver. Is this a good idea? ...or am I better off selling or melting all. I asume i need lots of those silver/meltglyphs later ingame, but not sure which is the most important one or is there maybe an average amount you need for endgame?

Then a little farming question: I'm trying to find out what lvl monsters is dropping best and i cant figure it out. Sometimes it looks like you get best drops firsttime you enter a map and monsters are 1-2 lvls above you compared to when youre done on that map and have same or higher lvl. But other times it looks like i get better drops when i take on weaker mobs. (in this case i mostly need the items to get ticket for event)
    Also when talking bout this event :D It's pretty hard to find a party, since most of the party kick me right after i joined lol , so i guess its because im too weak...then i finaly found some other newish players and it took us a very longtime to clear and ate up like 12 of my potions for 1 run.
    Sooooooo If any of you peeps on Heredur server likes to have a noob on his\her team, just let me know :)

(also those dolls/eyes drop from the bosses in event....is this a joke? I got 3 out of 4 from all boss and seems i just never get one complete since i get 10 dolls 20 eyes...but never the 4th item I need. Is this also a stupid cash thingy? Or am i just unlucky?)

thanks all!

Faalhaaz

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  16. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

I do sell all green items and blue rings, amulets and weapons above 50.
    (Blue weapons below 50 wouldn't bring you good cash)
    Everything else I melt.

Don't worry about trying to make much gold or melts while you are leveling. It is very easy to make gold and melts after you have reached level 55. I can make about 20-50 gold per hour at level 55. Same for melts about 100-300k melts per hour depending on where I hunt. So, compared to that what you can make while leveling up is a pittance.

All bosses will drop something good (a legendary or a unique) when you kill it the first time. Thereafter, it would have its normal loot table. Again, don't worry about drops too much. Just concentrate on leveling up.

Also, don't worry about the event. Just skip it for this time. It will come again in 4-5 months. Usually they have the same event about 3 times a year. You will be powerful and would be able to do the next event solo.

17. FAALHAAS

FAALHAAS Board Analyst

Aight thanks for the reply! So in my case its prolly better to sell most items, since i wont be using the gylphs till I got an item worth lvling up.
    Will it be wise to save those event items?
    Talking bout items....i got silver pebles and some other quest items from varholm zone, but on wikipage i can only find out it is a weird never ending event:).....do i save those items? Is it worth it? I cant really find out what my reward would be...

18. krawler2018

at level 55 of course u just farm to upgrade items since it will take a few months or more for new levels in the game i had 74% armor at level 26 but i still met players that killed me in one hit, i think everyone wants to kill players or enemies in one hit

19. FAALHAAS

FAALHAAS Board Analyst

Hello Krawler! What exactly you mean with % on armor? Or is this the craft\ench. system at end-game you talk bout?

20. krawler2018

in the character stats tab u see the percentage near armor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.