Announcement Rise of Balor (Level 50)

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by teddy.bear, Mar 13, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Forum Ambassador

Dear Community,

kaylin_banner_forum.png
    The content update Lor’Tac has been revealed by our CM Greg and NPC Kaylin. Watch the video (in English) for detailed information:

You can also find the video on Twitch and Youtube.

kaylin copy_thumbnail.png Dear Hero,
    My name is Kaylin Lefrye, as an experienced Spellweaver and explorer
    I will be your official guide to Lor’Tac, the almost forgotten continent in the
    south of Dracania. I have been asked by Queen Agrasha to accompany a
    group of Dwarves to Lor’Tac and report about my discoveries.
    Unknown terrain and new species are said to live there. Legend has it that
    a powerful artefact is hidden in the thick jungle of Lor’Tac but I need to take
    a closer look into that… For now I want to share a collection of painting that
    I found in the library of Ellonidos about the flora and fauna of Lor’Tac.

map_small.jpg
    click on the image to view it in full size
    Kaylin: Lor’Tac: the name is said to be derived from the ancient cultures of the southern
    continent. If you were to believe this map, you’d think Lor’Tac is a desert – but I am sure that this map is out dated. I have seen the shores of Lor’Tac with my very own eyes and trust me – it is a green as the mightiest emerald.​

The Scorpions

Type
    : Insect
    Behaviour: hostile
    scorpion_without kaylin_small.PNG
    Kaylin: I have not seen a name for these arthropods but I would classify them as scorpions. Despicable creatures! The manuscripts do not state whether these scorpions are venomous or not. Judging from the old drawings I am certain that at least some of them must use venom to paralyze their bait. The dwarves and I need to be careful, we haven’t encountered any of these creatures yet. It would be useful to find out if they are night active predators or not. I need to take a closer look into that…

The Orbax
    Type:
    Amphibian
    Behaviour: very hostile
    OrbaxForum-small.jpg

Kaylin: We have seen them lurking near the rivers, with their big ravenous mouths and damp stench. It is a terrible sight to behold and impossible to forget. They call them Orbax but my dwarf companions refer to them as “those fat and venomous frogs”… They have indeed that distinctive likeness to them – albeit way more dangerous! And once you finish with one… do not forget to kill it again!
    Birthing Andermagic Monster
    Type:
    Unknown / Corrupted
    Behaviour: Very hostile
    Birthing Andermagic Monster-small.jpg

Flesh Walkers
    Type: Humanoid
    Behaviour: Hostile
    FleshWalkers-small.jpg

Chimera
    Type: Ancient Creature
    Behaviour: Very hostile
    ChimeraKaylin-small.jpg

The Toltac Tribe
    Type
    : Used to be humanoids
    Behaviour: hostile​

tol_tac_evil_tribe-warrior-copyy-small.jpg

tol_tac_evil_tribe-archers-copy-small.jpg

tol_tac_evil_tribe-shaman-copy-small.jpg

The Guardians

Type: Ancient Stone Creatures
    Behaviour: Neutral

guardians_variations_5-small.jpg

guardian_of_life thumb.jpg

Guardian Speed Drawing

Kaylin: fascinating – simply fascinating. Only once in my life I encountered a Guardian. You’d think that these majestic entities are scary but they aren’t. The Guardian, as the name reveals – is peaceful and its aim is to protect its master or creator. Legend has it that there are different kinds of Guardians but they all fulfill the same purpose.
    Once I read there are 7 different kinds but manuscripts state 4 sometimes even 5. I guess I need to take a closer look into that…
    image002 (3).png

Kaylin will first find this manuscript – she notices that it has other drawings but it will take her some time to restore them and make them visible. She believes that it can explain what happened to the Guardians. Were there more? If yes, what happened to them – where are they?​

image003.png
    Kaylin: I was practicing my fire magic, my hands were still warm from conjuring a fire ball, I touched the manuscript and the drawing of this Guardian became clear. I am pretty sure the element of fire is connected to this Guardian. The upper right Guardian appeared when the manuscript got wet in the rain. I conclude that the manuscript and the Guardians are all connected to elements. As soon as the manuscript gets in touch with the respective element of a Guardian – the drawing of the Guardian becomes clear.​

guardians_variations_water-small.jpg
    After a while she will first discover that this upper left one was the easiest to restore – and its – as predicted – the guardian of life.​

The Guardian of Life

guardians_variations_life_solo-small.jpg

Kaylin: Well, I am certain that this is the Guardian of Life. It is the most known one of all Guardians and actually still existing, I’ve been protected by one once. The surface of this particular Guardian is mossy and covered with small vines.​

The Guardian of Fire

guardians_variations_fire_only-small.jpg

Kaylin: I’ve never encountered this type – it is all new to me. However, from the drawing I can tell that this Guardian’s element is fire and flame. Then again, what would it protect – an eternal flame?​

The Guardian of Water

guardians_variations_water_solo-small.jpg

Kaylin: As it started to rain in Lor’Tac the manuscript got wet and revealed this type of Guardian. So it must be connected to water. Its swords actually look more like clubs. I can see this Guardian to be a protector of a well or a spring but I need to take a closer look into that.
    The Guardian of Ice
    guardians_variations_ice_solo-small.jpg

Kaylin: The Guardian of Ice was revealed as I casted an icy spell against an Orbax. Look to those sharp swords! I wonder what would happen if the guardians of Fire, Ice and Water fight against each other – who would be the winner?​

The Corrupted Magician?

Type/behaviour: Unknown/Hostile (predicted?)
    corrupted_magician_thumb.jpg
    click on the picture to view it in full size
    Kaylin: In the manuscripts you see this drawing but the pages are empty. Very little is known about this create. As a Spellweaver I see arcane magic to be in use, though corrupted. Then again we casters do not wield swords. By Agathon, not even the gender is recognizable. I cannot say much about this create but he, she, it worries me.
    The Unknown Tribes
    Type/behaviour: Unknown
    Hub_Overall_mood_002 thumb.png

kaylin_exploring_thumb.png

Kaylin: Lor’Tac used to be inhabited – many sources state that. In the text I can read about mystic temples and invisible cities. To me though this drawing clearly shows evidence for – at least primitive – signs of life.

decay_withoutkaylin_small.PNG
    Kaylin: Hmm, the drawing in the manuscripts show stages of decay on a tree. The decay does not seem to be of natural cause. Oddly enough, the trees here in Lor’Tac are far from decaying, they are green and lush.
    Areas
    The Tranquil Shore

Bay of Tranquil Waters copy.png

Bay of Tranquil Waters2 copy.png

Stillwater Bay

stillwater_small.jpg

Frog River Delta

frog_small.jpg

Fjalnirs Cradle of Frost

kaylin_explore_fjalnir-small.jpg

kaylin_explore_altar_Fjalnir-small.jpg

kaylin_explore_stairs_Fjalnir-small.jpg

Oceano’s Opal Shrine

Oceano1-small1.jpg

Oceano2-small2.jpg

Fyrgon’s Path of Fire

Fyrgon1-small1.jpg

Fyrgon2-small2.jpg

Agathon’s Alliance Hall

Agathon1-small1.jpg

Agathon2-small2.jpg

Nahuatlan

Nahuatlan1-small1.jpg

Nahuatlan2-small2.jpg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Kaylin: I arrived at the shores of Lor’Tac, the waters here are crystal clear and turquoise, I could look at them forever. The dwarves and I have found tents here. However, they do not seem to be made by dwarven or human hands. In the manuscripts of Lor’Tac the shore has been describes as tranquil, well, they are, maybe a little too quiet.
    Bosses

??????
    Type: Dragon
    Behaviour: Hostile

boss2_small.png

boss1_small.jpg

Kaylin: the Tayaz showed this drawing to me. My heart skipped a beat and my breath became deeper. My instinct tells me that this is not simply “a” dragon. No, this is most certainly the root of all evil. Though neither I nor the Tayaz have a name for this evil… yet.
    Best regards,
    Your Drakensang Online Team

Last edited by moderator: Aug 19, 2015
    SVOXXIN, jalenz15, acabojana and 7 others like this.
  2. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Forum Ambassador

Greetings Heroes,

New content has been added to the above post! New maps and monsters have been introduced to you!

Please remember to use this feedback thread to discuss the content update. We are looking forward to your comments!
    Best regards,
    Your Drakensang Online Team

SVOXXIN likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.