Rune of Grand Persistence

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by alfrou, Feb 14, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alfrou

alfrou Forum Apprentice

Hello, I dont post very often, but I do read the forum and here is an issue for me, and I think for most players who try to build a tanking DK.
    What is , for Christ's sake, the use of having a Block strength Rune on a Double-handed weapon??????
    We all know that when u use Double-handed weapon, there is ZERO chance of blocking an attack.
    Why the devs dont make it a 1 h weapon rune so we can use it properly????
    I would appreciate any responce. Thanks.

P.S Plz do something about the time consuming process of combining gems, its so annoying to lose 5-10 mins every time u need to combine.

Javah and achil17 like this.
  2. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

Hello @alfrou and welcome to DSO English Forum.
    Moving your thread to more suitable section.

Cheers!

3. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

« I've seen things you people wouldn't believe,
    attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion,
    I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gates. All those moments will be lost in time, just Drakensang developers never will find a their reason to be in this universe.»

4. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Nice homage to Philip K. and one of the great cyberpunk flicks of all time.

Anyway, what was this thread about, oh yeah, the block strength runes for 2 handers. Just another example of, "see how out of touch we are" from the devs. I mean geez, they could at least have shown some ingenuity by making the block chance runes. Combined with battleworn set that might have been something (a very minor something but still.)

@alfrou if you're new here then just get used to this kind of stuff. It never stops. And once it's done it never gets taken back ;)

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

5. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

1. There is a 1H version of this rune. It came from the Ghost event.
    2. It is not necessarily a "ZERO" chance of block with a 2H weapon. If you are using the Dragan Battleworn Pauldrons, you can get a small amount of block that even works with a 2H build. Which leads us to...
    3. The point of having block strength on a 2H weapon is if it is being used in conjunction with the Battleworn pauldrons. Without this rune, the problem is getting block strength, and this rune is a way to do so other than on rings/amulets. In the past we had the Black Warlord set that offered a small amount of block and block strength. It offered a small but measurable improvement to one's defenses. This rune, which you'll notice comes from the same event as the Dragan's Battleworn Pauldrons, is a parallel to that old set, which also happened to come from the Dragan event. Of course, if you have speed or crit damage runes, you will use those instead of a block strength rune, but, for a new player who doesn't have those, if they have a 2H build with one or two of these runes and are using the Battleworn Pauldrons, it will improve their survivability some while they continue to grow. Eventually they will replace those with much more useful stuff, but it won't hurt them in the meantime.

6. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

I believe they just applied the "Grand Rune" treatment to the normal "Rune of Persistence", which can be added in 1Hs and shields. By that I mean like with speed runes, where "Grand" ones have better values per "tier", but can only be used in 2Hs. What they failed to see is that it doesn't fit for this particular stat. Yes, you can have block rate in a 2H build via those pauldrons, but that's it... and what is the maximum you could get in that scenario, 10-20% block or less? And crafting for this purpose would be equally nonsensical. As with crit., not much use getting strength if you don't have rate. So, it could be used in that sense, but it's not much help even if it does happen, thus I am sceptical they wanted to just add a rune to help those who don't have other suitable runes for that slot, 'cause it's more of a mistake than it is help, and I'd bet on an oversight in implementing any day.

7. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

I believe the max block rate you could have 2H would be around 30% to 40% in pvp and in fatal and below pve. Perfect t6 battleworn pauldrons at level 60 that are pristine crafted 4x 20.6% increased block rate. Plus keep block rate on other battleworn items.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.