Runes of Celerity

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by MademoiselleCaramel, May 4, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MademoiselleCaramel

MademoiselleCaramel Junior Expert

Can someone explain me the logic of inability to craft runes of celerity (speed runes for main-hand, adornment) above 8%?
    Pretty soon I will craft the fifth one with 8%... So that means the Full Moon and New Moon events will be useless for me to farm?

P.S. Sorry if this thread is already posted by someone, and I started it again. I could not really find anything regarding this topic.

navelko likes this.
  2. Sevilla

Sevilla Someday Author

so you are 0,00001% of players that complete 5, and you can still farm to have double adornment option, or to keep for future rune tier increase.

FredyX666 and ΣMiwel like this.
  3. MademoiselleCaramel

I do not believe I am such an unique snowflake. For example, my boyfriend have them too, so get your numbers correct.
    Also I did not ask for advice or tips what to do with them, I asked if someone is able to give me logical explanation why is decided to make things this way. If you do something, there must be a reason you are doing it, right?

I simply do not understand this kind of limitation.

4. mick.chatterbox

mick.chatterbox Forum Greenhorn

Are you on quora?

5. Shiro

Shiro Padavan

I think it is because BP changed meta to 2-handed weapons a while ago. To make them even more appealing for players, other than the possibility to reach max crit rate while having huge damage, they made a type of aspd runes that only fit in 2-handed.
    At least, that's my guess.:D

MademoiselleCaramel likes this.
  6. MademoiselleCaramel

Are you trying to be witty? My post is in Event Questions section of the Forum, so your comment is needless. Go make post count somewhere else.

Thanks Shiro, I thought it might be something like that. But I find that kind of limitation unfair. I wish this could be changed in the future.

JusticeFor1HBuilds :D

7. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

There are 2 types of celerity runes
    - Runes of Celerity
    - Runes of Grand Celerity

All Runes have 4 tiers
    1. Lesser Rune
    2. Rune
    3. Mighty Rune
    4. Supreme Rune

Runes of Celerity can be used in adornment, off-hand items and all weapons. The highest tier (Supreme Rune of Celerity) is having 8% faster attack speed effect. You can't upgrade it beyond that point.

Runes of Grand Celerity can be used in 2H weapons only. The highest tier (Supreme Rune of Grand Celerity) is having 16% faster attack speed effect. You can't upgrade it beyond that point.

Now ... it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out that this is a clear inequality in favor to 2H builds. Because the devs wanted to give them advantage so the players can all switch to 2H builds and start spending andermant on Onyxes. Onyx at the time was the least wanted gem ... and still it is for 1H builds. It is more useless than a Cyanite.
    So they come up with the idea ... they want to force everyone to spend on Onyx ... therefore made the 1H builds obsolete which broke the game beyond repair (and the funny thing is we all thought at the time that the game is already broken to the point it can't be broken any further).
    And here we are today ... talking about "fair PvP" in a game that doesn't offer anything to 1H builds and treats them like pigs (no offense meant towards the animal).

In same time 1H weapons don't have runes for damage nor their rubies are giving double damage.
    Thus ... leading to 2H builds with same attack speed as 1H ... but in same time 1H builds can never reach the damage 2H builds are having.
    This led to a game full with noobs with 20K HP screaming around for nerfs ... just because they were guided in wrong way (intentionally) to invest everything in attack speed, crit and damage neglecting the Health Points and the defense to the point so they can practically choke to death from their own fart. In same time knowledgeable players with a vision, ability for planning , calculating and making their own build apart from the mainstream false flag build ... are put in small reservations for punks .... isolated from the rest of the game environment.

So ... yeah ... you can't upgrade 8% celerity rune beyond that point. :)

Last edited: May 5, 2018
    Jhinstalock, Jocom, wolfie54 and 3 others like this.
  8. Shansurri

Shansurri Active Author

This needs a 'Love' button.

Yogo and trakilaki like this.
  9. MademoiselleCaramel

I am very aware of the problems you are writing about traki... You damn well put it all together.

Is it possible to make a suggestion for devs to implement runes of celerity to be craftable above 8%?

There are a lot of pros for this kind of change.
    Afterall, everyone want balance in game. This could be also a significant part of that balance.

trakilaki likes this.
  10. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

There is no need those runes to be upgraded beyond that point.
    That is not the solution. That will only make the gap between new vs old and F2P vs P2W players wider.
    1H builds should be equally reliable in PvE and the new players should not be led to a wrong path of always selecting the False Flag build ... they also need to have right to make their own choice and select gear/build according to their preference and their playing style.
    Making those runes with higher values won't make the things better.

11. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Simple:

Every type of Rune (the "standard" ones, not Jewel of Rage or Christmas Runes) have 4 tiers. The Rune of Celerity simply has a 2/4/6/8 break down.

As to why it doesn't go higher, that is simple too. If they went higher, they'd get OP really fast. We already have 2H builds that can reach 2.3+ speeds and 1H builds that can get 2.67+ with moderate effort. If these runes crafted higher, things would just get more insane.

Finally, it is no different than what a player who has farmed/bought full royal gems of a given type... what are they going to do with the left overs... Well, I keep them for an alt build item and to hedge my bets against future expansion that would make me regret getting rid of those gems.

12. MademoiselleCaramel

Ahaa, great, I understand it now. It makes sense. :D
    Thank you very much for your time and explanations Gurus!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.