Suggestion Same Rarity Crafting

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by _Baragain_, Nov 2, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Had an unorthodox idea earlier and figured I'd share. What do you all think of being able to craft magic -> magic or exo -> exo in the same way we can do Legendary -> Legendary?

Basically, you put four magic items on the bench and check a box to have them craft to another magic item. Both of the enchantments on the resulting magic items would be pulled from the ingredient items. Same with extraordinaries. Your resulting exo would have three stats pulled from the ingredient exos.

This could help newer players create usable magic and exo items and would help end game players craft their ideal gear too.

Of course, because it would eventually allow players to make 100% chances to make 2/3 exos (4x 2/2 magic items as ingredients) or 3/4 legendaries (4x 3/3 exos and a lot of gold and gold lines), this type of crafting couldn't be cheep. I'd think that it would have to be at least half to three quarters of the cost that it would take to craft them up to the next rarity.

So, your thoughts?

bLaind, Fynkz, Morinphen and 5 others like this.
  2. Mesala

Mesala Advanced

Maybe one day when the classes are nearly perfectly balanced, now is not the time to create perfect stuff to an imperfect class system. Good idea though for enabling green item arena, or blue item arena? Just for fun :p

3. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Great suggestion. I get very frustrated with crafting being totally at the whim of the prng godz. My playing time on my main has gone way down in the past couple months primarily due to my frustration with crafting.

Also I do not feel this causes any problems. The ingredient items and gold still need to be farmed and the end is still a 3/4 legend. This idea just provides a more predictable path to get there.

The benefit to newer lvl 55s would be welcome too. The game in its current state can be played well in painful to fatal modes without all those unique set builds if one has decent magic/exo items. This would allow players a smoother path and more enjoyable experience on their way to the desired endgame unique setup.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

_Baragain_ and gun like this.
  4. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

This is a good idea, it helps to ease the cancer that is the rng of this game
    And it helps new players, it helps get them into pw
    You have my support

5. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

I love the idea, but if the dev's wanted us to craft our ideal gear easier, they would have stayed with the original test server idea of crafting 2.0

I would happily pay 100 times the current price to guarantee a good craft.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
    _Baragain_ and trakilaki like this.
  6. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Agreed.
    Not that I don't like the idea ... but i can't see it happening.
    On top of that ... i already have feeling that the new "improvements" (recently) have made the "random" element in the crafting a staged event. You know ... like the crafting is rigged.

7. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Especially as they continue to release more Infernal difficulties in the future. Pretty soon new players won't be able to catch up without something like this and the pool of people at the top will get smaller and smaller and eventually suffocate due to it's own small size.
    I hear you... 99% sure this idea will never be implemented, and if it is, it won't be for another 12-18 months. Can't hurt to dream. :D

P.S. You changing your avatar has really messed with me. I keep looking for the red stamp and it's not there. It's like walking up a flight of stairs and thinking there is one more than there actually is and your foot goes through empty air.

8. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

You make sense and your ideas are good, of course they'll never be implemented, can't have something to please the players and make them appreciate the game more

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.