serperating glyphs and gold

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by bezryl, May 7, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. bezryl

bezryl Active Author

looking back to when i was a newer player one of the things i found to be not fun was having to choose between glyphs or gold from selling the items or finding a balance between the two, some players may enjoy that aspect but i did not

idea is simple, remove gold value from items except 1 copper so selling is still an option if only to quickly clear bag(maybe a sell all items on this inv page button would be nice?)

and instead to earn gold we could have stackable *junk* items for selling to gain gold, as well as the gold already dropping now

this could open up the possibility of having *junk* items worth more dropping in higher modes and rare ones worth more like 500-1k g as an example, obviously the rare ones would be...rare, and maybe limited to certain difficulty modes

what do you think? unfair to veteran players? dont like the idea? i am curious to see what yal think

2. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

Absolutely hate it. We don't need more items clogging up the inventory. Most people already have inventory problems (lack there of).

"As is" is very good. Everyone gets to decide how much they want to melt and how much they want to sell.
    You just need a simple rule to decide. It's easy. Keep the good stuff. Sell the whites, greens, and blues. Melt the purple, orange, and yellows. That will get you to the end. Problem solved.

ΣMiwel likes this.
  3. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

The need for GoP or gold varies with each toon. The flexibility of the current system, letting each player decide, is fine as is.

ΣMiwel likes this.
  4. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

So, basically, because you need both glyphs and gold, and instead of picking based on which you need more, You want both to be given to you... and you want to penalize the people who've farmed enough glyphs to just be able to sell almost everything while you are at it because 99% of all drops become worthless?

Ummmmm….. NO!

All games are involve of trade offs. In this game, if you want damage, you lose defense. If you want run speed, you sacrifice HP. If you want HP, you sacrifice crit damage... Point is, you need to decide what is important to you and work within the systems in the game to achieve it.

One day, when you've farmed 375 million glyphs (the approximate amount that it takes to level up a full set of gear to LVL 60), then you can sell everything and not have to make those hard (/s) decisions. Until then, TwiliShadow's suggestion has worked for generations of players, and it will work for you.

ΣMiwel, sargon234 and MikeyMetro like this.
  5. bezryl

bezryl Active Author

should have mentioned i actually already have most of my gear at lvl 60 aside from a couple pieces at 59 and i am full crafted until enough platinum lines drop but thats a different topic.

i dont have to make those decisions much anymore, my concern is not for myself it is the NEW PLAYERS the game really needs because at the rate its going now its bad

my hope from the suggestion was to make things a bit more easy on the noobs with the INSANE crafting costs

it is punishing to the veterans? you could say so but then again higher value items would drop in higher modes so they would farm more gold much faster so idk, maybe this idea needs more items purchasable with gold to be more viable

to the really old veterans yes it may not be *fair* to you but at the rate the game is going now its not looking good, i am tired of loging in on heredeur suposed to be the biggest population server and its dead when there is no event active...

this was just one of the things i thought of that would maybe entice a new 55 to actually keep playing instead of giving up after seeing how much grind they are in for

6. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

This. Idea. Is. BONKERS!

But it is that way now! Higher tier items drop in higher modes and they're worth more.

Big no from me.
    Current system is good and there is no need to change it.

MikeyMetro likes this.