Servers Move

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Dragonnns, Apr 21, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

There is a post about moving the Agathon and Tegan servers to a new physical location. The start date/time for that is found here.

There doesn't seem to be an "end" time. Any idea on 1) where our servers are moving to? or 2) how long it should take?

Edit: and note that it occurs in the middle of an event.. and its challenge. Couldn't pick a better time, could ya (those in charge of the date/time for this move??)

2. lewcar

lewcar Padavan

Well a merge would be fantastic and necessary, although if it actually was there would be a lot more notice and commotion. Doesn't seem to be the case unfortunately. On the other hand if my ping gets any worse then it is then that'll be the final straw and I bet I'm not alone there.

3. bloodyneo

bloodyneo Forum Master

hi there
    developers said they are going to move American servers (Tegan and Agathon) to a new host on Monday.

For that reason, these two servers will have a downtime around 13:00 CET UTC +2 on 24th of April, 2017.
    is that mean higher ms and more lag for australian costumers that are using those servers?
    my ms is already never goes down under 200 ms... some times it goes higher and then i log off because its not playable anymore

4. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Hey there heroes,

No more detailed information was sent for us.
    So, those two servers are not going to be merged. They have the same provider that is going to changed for another location.

Doing so, we would like to provide a better gaming experience.
    If there is anything else related with this topic, we will update it.

Cheers,

5. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Hey there heroes,

Servers should be back around 18:30 CEST UTC +2. We updated now the official announcement. Re. to where they will be moved, we have no information.

We do know a lot of things, this does not mean that we get the information on time.

Kind regards,

6. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

Thanks for the update on the times!

7. JPDayz

JPDayz Forum Apprentice

The dream would be to only exist one European and one American server. Everybody could play with everyone of their region. :D

8. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

So prior to the move, the servers appeared to be located in California in the Los Angeles area. Now, based on the IP address, they are in Beijing. Tracert takes me from Rhode Island, to New York, to Europe (assuming the Netherlands), to Beijing. My ping rate has gone from 19-21 to 85-86.

I am hoping that this will change as the server move settles down. I wouldn't expect the ping rate to increase for someone on the East Coast of the US, logging in to the East Coast server.

9. KaraLily

KaraLily Forum Greenhorn

We may never know as the east coast server is still not connecting although the west coast has been up for hours

10. Erebus

Erebus User

Hello heroes, please refer to this post in the technical support area if you're having any connectivity issues after the servers move, I'll close this thread for now to avoid confusion, best regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.