Show what you have !

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Iamboredwtf, Mar 24, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlexCC

AlexCC Someday Author

My mage:

[​IMG]

2. ArunaSky

ArunaSky Forum Apprentice

Progress during past 6 months. First one was when i did almost all 3/4 or 3.5/4 transfers. I don't have pics from before, but i started to play last year and before lvl 55 expansion i was around 2 months young lvl 50 char without anything worth of mention, gems were well gems, not even polished :) Real farm came in past year, and main problem were speed because i didn't have saphires. Also this is f2P char, not even premium except freemium. BP didn't impressed me with there greedy solutions and there balancing, especially for mages, to spend some money to support them. :p

[​IMG]

cdeepal and Morinphen like this.
  3. tsengyk

tsengyk Forum Apprentice

Eventually, got everything Tier 6.
    PVE stat:

[​IMG]

PVP stat:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  4. AlmosTBlack

AlmosTBlack Forum Apprentice

Hello guys, any advise how to increase : Critical Hit Rate and Critical Damage? May be, i need to buy Q8 set or better to have high tire witch seekers jerkin and belt, spider adornment? Wich amulet is better to me? There is nothing crafted except boots, gloves and belt.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Conqueror21 likes this.
  5. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Lets see. In a word, "Crafting."

You need a bunch of crafted items to improve this build.

For crit:
    You need to craft a weapon decoration with high % Crit Rate on this Item and then craf that into a unique. An excellent choice for this is the black spider adornment so you can use it with that black spider cape you are already using (or replace it with the even better white spider cape).
    You also need a crit rate helmet. Aim for at least 40% crit and transfer that to your Dragan helmet.
    You need crit on rings. I know the Dragan ring has some, but you'll need to level it up a lot.
    You also need to improve your onyxes in your decoration.

For crit damage:
    There is really only one method. You need to craft rings and an amulet and then transfer craft them to uniques. 55%-60% each should be a minimum starting point for a placeholder item to transfer.
    There is one more thing, but it will take time. The Dark Dwarf Heist has runes that offer crit damage.

Jhinstalock likes this.
  6. tsengyk

tsengyk Forum Apprentice

After R209 Stat:

Inf3 setting:
    [​IMG]

Inf2 and under:

[​IMG]

Wisdom setting:

[​IMG]

rynkmarx, Morinphen and AlmosTBlack like this.
  7. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

This thread languishes from time to time and this is one of the longer times. I read ( current not past tense ) through most of the posts on the forum here and, I must admit, when the thread devolves into specifics on what happens when a DK uses Banner of War, or when a Steam Mechanicus throws the oil slick under a mob, or the benefits of a Long vs a Short (vs a Hoax) bow, my eyes kind of glaze over. (No offense to those players!)

I am sure that there are nuggets of information in those threads that I could probably apply to my toon but I just can't read through it all. My apologies.

So, I read through this thread when it was happening but I hadn't read through it recently. When I had been reading, I'd been leveling up in a half-hearted way.

I don't PvP. I don't like PvP and have no intention of building a PvP set of items. I only PvP for a clover and then I run in and try to die as fast as possible (Play vs Win options). Many of the posts here are specific to PvP which really doesn't sing to me.

With that said, I thought I'd read through from the beginning.

OMG! I had forgotten what the old PW staging area looked like! Oh! And the old stats that don't have the enchantments section parted out! And those poor sets I worked so hard at (Witch Chaser) that ended up being minor melts post R155. Dang! Am I old or what? In some ways, that makes this post even that much more embarrassing.

I have been playing DSO for quite a while. I focused on leveling up when I was lower level and then I played maps with the goal of not dying. Two Dragan events ago, I FINALLY got enough good gear that I could play without dying every single time I tried to kill a boss. Sure, most of my items were level 0 or 1, but it got me to the point I could get through without dying in an embarrassingly fast fashion.

I typically solo'd maps so I wouldn't be a burden on other players. I've finally moved to a damage point that I can solo Painful easily or Fatal as long as I skip the boss. Clearly, I have a ways to go.

I've tried crafting and after a slew of gold gone into the ether and pages full of items that never move to legendary, I'm at a loss. I've been working on trying to make an IDOTI weapon adornment and can't get beyond blue. So, I thought I'd try some speed gloves. Same dang thing. I've a page full of blue items with three pink ones. ***?

Anyway, I figured maybe someone had some clue as to what I should focus on. Crafting adornments and gloves isn't getting me much.

As an adjunct to this, I think I have my stats muddled up some and not sure what/where I should change things. I go in with other players and I get comments about being a "tank". Since I'm a SW, I think that might be a slur? :D

So, I'd appreciate comments, positive or negative, on what I might look at changing or focusing on.

Here is my current setup:

[​IMG]

Note, this is with no essence and no pet....And remember, I care not a whit about PvP so... Monster Killing and Team Support is my goal.

:)

8. Hetsunien

Hetsunien Padavan

You can change 1 Dragan ring for a Mortis' Seal of Death. Have you consider doing PW? Dragan's protective armor is not so useful as a q4 or Q7 set.

9. KingKrazy1

KingKrazy1 Active Author

I don't have much advice to give as your character looks about the same as mine (except I have a DK). But then, maybe I can see it sorta from your perspective, as I too don't touch PVP. Either way, here is what I think.

You have the Dragan Defense set equipped (Cloak, Pauldrons, Dragan weapon), which is giving you your block rate and hence resulting in other players calling you a tank. The New moon event is currently going, and I would suggest taking a look at the Frigid Cloak and the Tenebrous Spider Adornment. This probably would give you more crit rate, damage, and crit damage. Another interesting cloak to look at is the one the Scaling dungeon Khalys drops. For the Big game hunt event I Farmed her on Fatal, which was surprisingly easy, and got a nice damage cloak.

I am not knowledgeable enough to know what your torso is, but you could take a look at the armor of darkness set Gnob is selling. You would have to have enough draken to buy two equipment items at once, and he is leaving TODAY (in the next 12 hours). I have the pauldrons and torso equipped and they give me crit rate and crit damage. I think Baragain also uses these two pieces but am not sure.

I don't really care for Dragan's Weapon. I use the Blood Rune Sword for its 100 %DOTI unique stat. It also helps to craft it obviously. Q7 is the op set everyone is moving towards. Me too if I could only craft a weapon.

Having two Dragan rings is redundant. Mortis maybe?

You must craft to progress. It takes inv space, time, stress, tears, but it must be done.

I am trying to keep as much stuff in my inv as possible and progress on all fronts slowly.

I assume by IDOTI Weapon you mean two handed weapon and by adornment you mean Increased Critical hit rate on this item. You must must keep trying. There are some great crafting guidelines on the forums, but here is the short version I do.

Green 1 1 0 0 or 1 0 0 0 if you can stomach an inv full of greens
    Blue 1 1 1 1 or 1 1 0 0 (depending on gold situation) I usually do 1 1 0 0 for weapons as they seem to drop slowly
    Pink 2 2 1 1 or 2 2 2 2 (For these you simply must have luck) Sometimes nothing, sometimes... I get a 3/4 leg I have a heart attack of joy.

I recently crafted a 3/4 115% increased crit rate on this item adornment and a 3/4 222% increased health ring. These made me quite happy. Although you would probably benefit more from a crit damage ring. My point for bringing this up is that if you keep with it, you will eventually craft something. (I don't play 5 hours a day, but I am still progressing.)

10. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

I spy a pet Arachna. :D

The torso is Grimmag's Starry Robe. For a Spellweaver, that torso is very good. Not only does it provide ~60% mana, it also gives +1 mana regen per second. I was actually using a tier 1 version for many months until I had MF saved the purchase a t6 one because its unique stat and enchantment stats are that good.

11. KingKrazy1

KingKrazy1 Active Author

Thank you for this info. I play with someone who has a SW and since the DK version of this item (Tegan's suit of Armor) is not interesting, we completely passed over it.

12. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

Oops! What I get for having too many similar images on my desktop. Here it is with no pet:

[​IMG]

I do PW from time to time. Mortis is kind of a pain to do solo though.

I have the Frigid Cloak and the Spider Adornment. I'll have to try swapping those around (and gems/runes) to see what it is like.

I'm not a fan of the Dragan stuff either but I also haven't found a better weapon. I did have Blood Moon rings but they were the older style and level 52. When I got the Dragan rings, they gave me much better stats (1000 CHR each).

Oh, I have been crafting. I have pages of items just sitting there, trying to improve. Thousands of gold later, they are still sitting there. If I get one pink item with two gold lines, I'm ecstatic :D. So far, I've got bumpkus to show for all that crafting. I'm currently taking a break and melting most everything to level my other gear up.

The other part of it is that I hadn't been able to farm anything above painful for forever. Spending all that money and time on tier 0 or 1 level items seemed a waste.

13. KingKrazy1

KingKrazy1 Active Author

I'm currently farming Materi for the Q9 Medusa Necklace. You could get the boots too, which would be a nice set for you because both items have the plus 7.5% CHR and you wouldn't lose any set bonus from Dragan. (Edit: I don't know how your overall CHR would balance out after losing the CHR from the amulet. It actually might not be worth it without a crafted CHR adornment).

I think the gold line crafting is easily the most frustrating and worst part of the end game. I don't mind spending gold/time/ etc, but I hate the randomness. Even if you are taking a break, I would still suggest the 1 1 1 1 Blue to pink crafting. It has been more tolerable to me than spending so many items/gold on the 1 1 0 0 method. It goes slowly, and you never expect anything, so you get happy once in awhile. (I think I am more defending my method than telling you what to do.)

You can craft T0 leg onto a T6 unique, so why would the tier of the crafting items matter? I agree it all seems like a waste.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  14. Hetsunien

Hetsunien Padavan

You can farm the ring in Q6 map1 from the purple Knight in the abyss before the stairs at the bottom.

15. _Baragain_

I spy another player who is excited about essence stacking to 50k in just a short while. ;)

Check out the Lost Ring. It comes with crit, and the armor you'd get from it would be more useful than a copy of the "summons a knight to fight..." blurb that doesn't actually stack.

16. ShamisSabri

ShamisSabri Someday Author

good too see so much activity on the SW side ;)
    been long since i have posted my mage stats. slight improvement from last time.
    need ideas on making better...

[​IMG]

17. heror

heror Forum Baron

Start from crit and crit dmg then we can speak again :D

18. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

Ain't that the truth! I have freed up almost two pages of inventory!

So I tried out the cloak/adornment that KingKrazy1 recommended. It changed the numbers slightly. I'll have to play with it some to see if I like it better.

[​IMG]

Oh, and here is the change if I swap out one of the Dragan rings for Grimmag's Lost Ring

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  19. _Baragain_

That crit/HP loss is because that is a T0 ring... Get a T3+ ring and you will go up nicely.

20. Apocal

Apocal Forum Apprentice

Hi, I dont like playing with Q7 set, so I did this option, its another equip like everyone other usually use and I rly like it that I m other like everyone else.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Morinphen, _Baragain_ and Hetsunien like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.