show what you have

Discussion in 'Dragonknights' started by Spyke00, Dec 26, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. monder888

monder888 Someday Author

I'm using that axe just because I cant find any better legendary one :(
    The gloves im using are full HP ones, they give around 2015 HP at lvl 55 i think and my torso gives 3xArmor and 1xHP and it got 5x30% armor gems in it, which is why i got a high armor with low glyphs in there :cool::D
    As for the belt it has 2xCrit lines and 2xCrit dmg lines, so basically i placed my glyphs in the best HP items for now :) And all will come in good time ;)
    Thanks for the advice, guys! :)

thebearreturns likes this.
  2. MiSi1234

MiSi1234 Someday Author

Small update from last post and also a question: What shield should I use?
    I talked about it with a few friends, 2 said Justice, 2 said Heredur shield, so that didnt really clear it up...
    with Heredur shield Im using 15 points on attack speed, 25 on hp and 10 on hp regeneration skill.
    [​IMG]

With Justice Im using 5 points on attack speed, 10 on 50% block rate, 25 on hp and 10 on hp regeneration skill.
    [​IMG]

The Vargulf Hard Shield in my inventory has 64% block rate, 1.33 block strength and 530 crit, Im not sure if thats worth using...?

Any suggestions?

- 10michelle00

Woudlopertje likes this.
  3. Zed

Zed Forum Pro

@_Baragain_

We need your effective-hp-calculations-thingy in there

4. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

I'm really impressed with your stats with Justice... most people don't get their block rate up that high, even with the 10 point skill. If all you are doing is tanking, my initial thought is Justice in this case, but let me check the math... I'll edit in a little bit with my answer.

Regarding the Wolf Slayer shield, it is very nice and lets you reach block strengths that can't be matched by any other shield. I'd have to see it in your full build to tell, but in general, it is most useful when you are actually building a 1H DK that is supposed to be able to fight and not just tank, but your builds here are very much about tanking.

EDIT:
    For your Heredur shield build:
    [​IMG]

For your Justice build:
    [​IMG]

Your case is one of the rare instances that Justice actually results in higher effective HP, but it comes at a cost of those 10 points in the block talent which robs you of being able to put them towards more speed, damage, or even the super natural regeneration. However, as said above, it looks like that is a pure tank build and you don't care about damage output in the slightest which makes Justice a rather impressive option in your case.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  5. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

Yep, my thought was Justice as well.

6. MiSi1234

MiSi1234 Someday Author

Thanks alot for doing the math, it makes choosing a shield alot easier this way ;)
    I'm indeed only focused on tanking at this moment.
    Here are my stats with the Wolf Slayer Shield
    Here I have 15 points on attack speed, 25 on hp and 10 on regeneration.
    [​IMG]

I can offcourse put 10 points on the blockrate and get the glyphs out of dragan shoulders and put them in another item for a little bit more armor/hp/resist.

btw, for the Justice build, what are some things I should improve other than resist?

- 10michelle00

7. _Baragain_

In this case, Justice still wins for you.
    [​IMG]

8. AniDrakenSniper93

AniDrakenSniper93 Someday Author

My current Tank stats for PVE, any suggestions for improvement?

[​IMG]

points used ,

[​IMG]

Regards,
    Durin.

Dionysos likes this.
  9. Morinphen

Uhm, I'd say keep working on the HP (maybe resist. too), otherwise quite nice!

AniDrakenSniper93 likes this.
  10. AniDrakenSniper93

Some more combinations for tanking pve, this time I went with higher crit and speed instead of damage, what do you guys think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

problem I face while using the blackwidow set, when switchng out of the old dragan set is the loss in armor, since I never kept stock of any armor type items except for torsos , Im struggling to reach enough armor (> or = 70% ) while using it. hence I was wondering if I should use 3/5 Deeps sea set (weapon, adornemnt and amulet) to compensate the armor loss, while using the dragan helm and HP rings and belt like shown in the picture below ( to give an idea of how it'd be like), is this a good idea?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Regards,
    Durin.

11. Morinphen

Why are your screens so bright xD ?

Dom4.2 likes this.
  12. _Baragain_

All of these are nice tanking builds, but all of the damages are incredibly low (not bad if you are PvE tanking, but useless in PvP). Even with the cit based build, your DPS is low, even by 1H standards.

13. AniDrakenSniper93

ya theyre just pure pve tanking builds which I was planning to use against bosses in dragan event.. I use blue ess to heal in case of emergency. the first one I posted on the otherhand 'the dmg type tanking' is good for dps though I feel, if I invest points in behemoth talent and dmg I can get upto 2k dmg , but at the cost of supernatural regen..

btw @_Baragain_ do you think combining "deep sea set 3/5 (amulet, adorn and weapon) with the new blackwidow set and old dragan helm" , to compensate for the armor loss from the old dragan set, is a good idea?

-- MERGED --

well I use photoshop and autocorrect the raw image from the game, I feel dso maps are all moslty dark and gloomy and barely visible, so thought editing them would make it better to read and view etc..(I play with all graphic enhancements disabled and lowest brightness , think that improves gameplay)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
    Morinphen likes this.
  14. Anyki

Anyki User

@AniDrakenSniper93 - Please remember to make use of the "Edit" button at the bottom of your post instead of posting consecutively.

Cheers,
    Anyki

AniDrakenSniper93 likes this.
  15. _Baragain_

I don't. The stats on the Deep Sea items are aweful (even upgraded) and you miss out on huge amounts of potential HP, armor, or resistance from the amulet. Sure, you get the 20% armor and 10% HP from the set bonus, but that sword and adornment are so bad that you lose too much DPS. Sure, a 1H build doesn't care about DPS too much, but it can give a nice little boost to HP regen with MWS.

Personally, I'd like to see where the defender's set goes because it has a lot of potential for defense while also boosting offence (I'm thinking about that 8%-12% damage on the decoration).

16. AniDrakenSniper93

hmm..too bad I didn't farm it, felt the RCC event was too grindy, any chance of gettting it once again, the adornment?

well if the deep seat set's bad then I think then an armor based item (helm/glove/belt/boot/shield) with 4x armor lines is must while using the blackwiwdow set, for f2ps like me, I dont have those huge armor % gems to boost the armor from the set's torso high enough..I think it's better to find and use a leg helm with full armor stats or heredur helm to be able to use the widow set effectively...

17. _Baragain_

I'm sure that it will come again in time. After all, the belt was released before the SM was released, so they'll need to do some going back to offer the old items (or at least that one). I'd bet that in time, it will be added to Gnob's wares, but not likely soon enough to matter for most.

18. thebearreturns

thebearreturns Exceptional Talent

hi there!.. any suggestion to balance my dpi?

[​IMG]

19. AniDrakenSniper93

wow nice crit and dmg, I think resis and hp could use work for fatal level farm, others seem just fine.. and more attack speed like 1.33 plus couls be useful in pvp as well as in pve..

btw do u get crit from ur weapon?. and amulet and adorn are 3x to 4x crit are they?, belt with cd?

20. thebearreturns

thebearreturns Exceptional Talent

Amul, belt and weap deco are full crit... and 1984 crit line in the weapon :) ty for the tips!