Slow levelling game or is it me?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Cenkala, Jul 11, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Cenkala

Cenkala Forum Greenhorn

Just wondering - it seems after level 35 the levelling just drops to a crawl - I run out of quests way before I'm ready level wise for the next zone. Am I doing something wrong or am I missing something?

To explain what I do at this point - I complete all the quests for a zone, at this point I'm 38 so the quests I did were in the Temple Sector - they are level 39/40 - the drops I get I can't use and I can't hold on to them till I ding because all the bags in the world won't hold that lol.

So I've been doing dungeons on painful and the event when they are up to get myself to 39 - but it is literally taking forever. So I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong or if that's the way it is?

I noticed the same thing since about level 35 - every level since has been a few quests and then grinding like crazy to get the next level. This is my first character and I'm pretty new to the game so please be gentle =P

2. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

You can buy the white dog for gold from Grizmek to improve your exp gains... aside of that, just farm for exp, it is nothing anyways compared to the farm on the cap level.

3. Cenkala

Cenkala Forum Greenhorn

Ok thanks - just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something obvious - the tip with the dog is awesome - thank you.

Jhinstalock likes this.
  4. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Those quest gaps are a leftover from a time when there was not enough content in the game. Back then the best way to level was to grind the area boss or to do a major event (which we used to each month.) Nowadays it's best just to farm painful mode to get past these.

5. Tilwin90

Tilwin90 Padavan

Quests help but the higher the level the more boring and slow the game will get. If you can find a group to level up in painful/excruciating maps it will help somewhat (but they should be close to your level or you will not get any XP if memory serves). That is because painful/excruciating offers better XP than the normal maps. Assuming of course you can actually navigate through those maps (with the 220 release everything became MUCH more difficult especially for newer characters).

6. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Use every single items that boosts your XP gain (buff from shop, gems, unique items, pets ... etc) and find a level 55 player(s) willing to help you.
    There is no more XP block so it doesn't matter what level are the group members.

That being said ... group with level 55 players and play the previous maps on painful or excruciating.
    I have leveled several toons recently and it is very easy to level up quickly nowadays.
    Once you are past level 40 you can do that on Fatal as well.

Tilwin90 likes this.
  7. Jhinstalock

Jhinstalock Active Author

Note that extra experience on painful/excrutiating is NOT currently working and you're best off speedfarming normal difficulty if you're alone. Even with 100% increased xp on kills and doing all quests i sometimes run out of them too. It can be pretty brutal but i hope you get through to 55 :)

8. Cenkala

Cenkala Forum Greenhorn

Awesome advice everyone - thank you very much !!!

9. ZieOmega

ZieOmega Forum Greenhorn

Cenkala, I've noticed the same thing....

Which is why this game has in-game real world purchasing as an option and like any (P2W) pay2win games out there, you will always be tempted to speed faster then grinding. I am a P2W player and do not have the personal time to grind for hours and enjoy games like this with these options for end game content later to enjoy. This game lacks personal in-game help and most of the content I've learned was from searching online or out dated info sadly. This is mainly due to the poor game design on social aspect and most keep it closed, which limits new players on asking for help in general or regional chat. Not to mention the lack of in-game translators.

As stated above, purchase the highest XP buff pet at the Shop (Press T) when it's open and Tome XP buffs. I tend to buy Dungeon Ports + Key of Prowess (Boss) keys at highest character level you can unlock. Either earn or purchase the highest essences to quickly kill each time. I've made level 40 in 2 days doing this.

Some options that helped me:

Premium membership activation (20% more XP):
    https://i.postimg.cc/j294J8Wr/deluxe.png

Pet buff (shop was selling at the time/20% more XP):
    https://i.postimg.cc/43dvBkzT/Dog-XP.png

Encyclopedia of Tome 1 or 3 hours (100% more XP):
    https://i.postimg.cc/C5PSC8Y0/Tome-100-3h.png

Port teleport to Boss fights vendor (Kingshill event location):
    https://i.postimg.cc/3rDsnzBp/Kings-Vendor.png

Key of Prowess needed with Boss fights Painful+ purchased in Shop > General (press T):
    https://i.postimg.cc/Wz20FBpK/Keyof-Prowess.png

Create your own solo Guild (.10% XP):
    https://i.postimg.cc/FzH9rrbC/guild.png

Not everyone is a P2W player or does have the time to grind these materials to exchange, I personally do not and hope this shortcut might help you or others.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  10. Shansurri

Shansurri Active Author

It's worth noting (no one else has mentioned it that I see) that if you level up too quickly, your wisdom level will not keep pace and you will end up a weak level 55 who gets chewed up for months until you get your wisdom, runes, gems, and glyphs caught up. Don't be in too big a hurry to level up, and consider making a second character so that you can utilize the mentor wisdom bonus.

11. Bigcoeg

Bigcoeg Forum Apprentice

Dont play alone bro, you need join guild or group and of course get more EXP with this. Goodluck

12. -VIVERO-

-VIVERO- Forum Apprentice

If you want more xp you need a pet ( You can buy it with Gold ) And Join to Guild for more xp or sometimes has events with more xp
    and one more Join to Party and farm... But this take time..

Grimmag Character: Pordoforos - Ranger, Level 55 - Guild: AmathusGr

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  13. Tilwin90

Tilwin90 Padavan

This was super useful information. Thanks :) It's great to know that finally high level characters can help lower level properly level up while also doing it at a rather decent pace. Do you remember by any chance around which release this change happened? I've been going through the release notes but I can't seem to find it captured anywhere.

14. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

R194. It's not named "XP block removed" in the changelog. What did you expect? :)

-VIVERO- likes this.