Smash speed calculation with q7 buff

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Slabutul9, Sep 16, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slabutul9

Slabutul9 Someday Author

Does anyone know how to calculate smash speed with q7 buff and 3 points skill on smash after 3 hits?

2. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Probably (your_total_attack_speed + (15+50)%)

The Banner of War's 5 point talent bonus "In the area affected by Banner of War, your attack speed is 35% faster" adds up to the other "faster attack speed" enchantments (like gloves, sapphires, runes ... etc) .
    The description of Smash's talent bonus and q7 set's bonus are saying "x% increased attack speed" ... meaning probably x% to total attack speed.

3. Slabutul9

Slabutul9 Someday Author

i tryied and testat some formulas. But 1,34 speed reach the breakpoint (2,3529) with q7 buff after 3 smashes. Without points on knowlegde.

4. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

I don't know what gear and stats you have ... but I can't test it with my level 44 DK because i don't have the gear.
    I can only confirm that in the case of Banner of War the buff adds up to enchantments' attacks speed (faster attack speed).
    My DK has attack speed 1.59 and I could calculate the bonus accurately

[​IMG]

With process of elimination we can only confirm that both bonuses in your case can't add up to the enchantment bonuses (they include the wisdom points and behemoth) ... because of the different formulation of the sentence and the wording in the tooltip ("x% increased attack speed" instead of "faster attack speed").
    That can only lead to two possible scenarios ... the first one is the one i mentioned before:
    and the second one can be : it adds up to the attack speed (see my formula below) which in your case is the same as in the first possible scenario.

Code:
    (weapon's base attack speed + (weapon's base attack speed * sum of all attack speed boosts)) = attack speed
    (attack speed * weapon's attack speed enchantment) = bonus
    attack speed + bonus = total attack speed (attack/second)
    I am using this formula ... you should be using only the first line ... because the bonus part is meant for weapons with "weapon attack speed " enchantments (old pre-Al Qaeda items)

Note - "sum of all attack speed boosts" - is sum of all enchantments + wisdom attack speed points + subtract behemoth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.