1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I tried Infernal 4 on my own...

Discussion in 'Media Library' started by Akageshi, Jan 18, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Akageshi

Akageshi Board Analyst

Hi. So I tried Infernal 4 on my own...

I got myself a 20k hp buff and dived into the darkest grave.

I died once, a n00b death it was. This is why Herald's set may be dangerous to its user. I missed with the Net and found myself with no concentration. Wanted to avoid being hit by dancing away using Blade Dance, which I do often, but unlike Dart, BD requires some resource. Well... It was a fail :D

My stats are definitely not fit for an easy farm on Inf4, but I'm glad they are not. Because it's no fun to wipe everything out with one hit, right?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  2. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Not bad... the only thing you really need to improve to be better prepared for Infernal IV is your crit rate. In fact, with your damage vs crit damage, you may get better DPS gains out of a crit pet than the raptor.

deliburan78 and Akageshi like this.
  3. og98

og98 Forum-Greenhorn

Just a tip on the pure gameplay, i would recommend to cast net firstly, then afterwards the ticket of thorns, this gives you alot of more syngergy between the 2 skills, and as a ranger, it annoys me when ppl do it the other way around ^^

4. nikatar

nikatar Junior Expert

Not bad indeed....i think it would be better though to use spider's cloak at inf3-4 and also when a character have good mov speed like yours it is easy to troll the bosses.....let him come close and atack u and then go away and shoot the net ^^

5. deliburan78

deliburan78 Advanced

Good video, indicative . You have good player control , but you aren`t so good or top player, somewhere after mid ,between good & very good.
    You make this inf4 despite your low crit rate , congratulations !
    Now little criticism :
    Why you don`t use crit rate buff ?
    Atack speed ? You need corrections for solo play. Everyone speed between 2.11 & 2.31 is trash and you don`t use speed buff from DB or winter gnom pet . Why?
    You use too much PS for farming & boss, but it is not full skilled with wisdom , and you have full skilled BD, rare usable. Why?
    Blade Dance using- it`s good for fighting tank build with Gnob bow & q3 set both for farming ,for PvP too , for farm with 2h build full skilled BD is usefull only for low lvl maps - fatal , inf 1 for minerals farm & fast map reset.
    Every smart ranger after lvl 49 play with 1 primary nuke skill with concentracion cost - EA ,may be 1 more for rare use - often unskilled . You use 3 both -PS, EA, BD?!o_O
    Use q8 armor without full skilled adrenaline ?:eek:
    If you are solo , then leisurely you can arrange wisdom skills for boss farm - deactivate melle skills DB, ToT too, smart rangers don`t use wolfes on the boss too , use full skilled W wraith .
    You very rare use dive skill & laser from Dragan ring too, bro forget PS , use EA , marking - EA - jump forward with laser activation & with 2-3 DB finish mobs& refill your conc & HP. After EA all skills make almost double DMG. Ranger is blessed with permanent ,almost quad DMG for nuke skills after mark & EA , use this.
    Hp regeneration skill from ancient wisdom - this is may be good for tank blocker build, but you are 2H fast dmg dealer :rolleyes:.Sorry , with your build -Khaly cape + DMG pet & low crit dmg , you haven`t choise , when you improve your crit rate & crit dmg , then you can reararange A Wisdom skills from HP regen per time to HP regen per kill - for 2H build!
    I was trying to be objective , I hope criticism is constructive.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  6. _Baragain_

Then I think something was lost by the translator you used... You come across as an arrogant commentator. Some other words came to mind, but I don't want to be edited by the mods.

If anything, I think the fact that he accomplished this with stats below the threshold that most would call "Top" is a lesson to players everywhere that stats aren't everything and skill (even with some mistakes or lack of insight) can make up for a lack of stats.

7. deliburan78

deliburan78 Advanced

Forget dps calculations & CP stats ,it`s never work correctly. Skills based on chance - crit rate & dmg, block rate & power , concentracion base & reduced cost and speed - attack & run . They can never be properly calculated with these primitive tools .

8. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

imho, you are a great role model for a lot of players. I think many are under the misconception that you have to have this or that; that you have to do things this or that way in order to be successful at this game.

I am fine with players that want to be elite just for the sake of being elite. But the ones that think that a player must be elite in order to do well and have fun are... well... just wrong :p

Zoltan, _Baragain_ and Akageshi like this.
  9. deliburan78

deliburan78 Advanced

I can be very arrogant, and I'm arrogant sometimes , but not in this topic.Excuse me,if it sounds arrogant.Another was the goal.I just watch video & comment what I saw.
    Akadeshi , bro, you aren`t weak or noob, no one who can run inf 4 solo with green ess , isn`t noob or weak player.All you need is little corrections & better equipment ( gold base unics , better craft & gems ), аnd you'll be even better ranger.
    Firstly, if you play solo , you are free to make everything what do you want. But you`re right , the mos important skill for solo play is /without dying/ .For economic reasons, mostly.
    Mine exp skills for farming http://prntscr.com/mdzikl , I can explain why, for every one of them. You?
    This is for q7 build , with q4 bow I just transfer 10 points from net to scatter shot. But for solo boss fight I transfer useless point to new useful positions http://prntscr.com/mdzpqu .
    Next , for solo play again -wisdom talent http://prntscr.com/mdzt6l , for the same economic reasons. Useful skills for tanks and for solo play . Not for noobs , you need 100+ wisdom to use this skill & another primary wisdom skills( max HP , max DMG , max weapon skills ) both.
    20k HP buff is permanent for inf 3 & 4 farm, the same economic reasons;), but why you don`t use +24% crit rate buff? It is weak vs pure crit buff , but can improve your crit rate little up after 50% , it`s almost 50/50 again but with 2-3-5% + for your benefit.
    Blade dance is good skill , all in one , but it is cursed from BugPoint with almost permanent lag& bungee effect , without shield you are dead:(.
    Back to exp talents , when you use q4 bow ,then use scatter shot full skilled, right ? Why don`t use full net skills with q7? Or free stun skill for adrenaline 3 pts( permanent) , 5 pts is unnecessary thing.
    Rangers primary farming skills are these :http://prntscr.com/me0fg1 , for all builds after lvl 49 except full mele tank, 20 free points remain to finalise your build, 10 pts to net (q7) -> SS (q4) -> BD ( gnob bow) , 10 left - 3+5 thorns & 2 to W Wraith.
    The char equipment always is math , but BP math isn`t your math:cool:
    http://prntscr.com/me0npe current farm build , look CV , and full dmg build : http://prntscr.com/me0p10 , with empty non crafted boots,gloves , ring & cape . Dmg pet is 11 % , look CV again.
    I lose 20 k HP, almost 10k crit rate , ~40% run speed, 55% crit dmg &broken q7 set , but this broken CV calculator say: you are powerfull with more naked dmg.:D Amazing:cool:

10. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

[​IMG]

11. silverseas

silverseas Forum Commissioner

Been a long while since I actually played my ranger and that combo of Net->Thorns is what I use, but I don't have Q7 set. Isn't it better as a Q7 ranger to do it as Thorns->Net so that you maximize how much time you have to spam EAs?

12. _Baragain_

It is probably the 99% solution. For example, if I had a DPI of 400,000 and another of 405,000, but the first one had a better crit rate, I may just take the first one because, for my character, crits with Rage Attack result in cool down reduction. So, while the first build is objectively better, it is subjectively worse. I'm one of the strongest supporters of a CV system that actually makes sense (2 number system with DPI and Effective HP), but even I realize that there are some subjective things that will need a player's intuition. Other things like Run Speed, Cool Down Reduction, or Resource Reduction are also hard to objectively grade, but could be offensive and defensive in nature.

13. ROOK

ROOK Someday Author

I use this formula to have an idea of defensive index, obviously not affected fron skills effects:

HP*[note (1)]-HP*(100% - Armor%)-HP*(100%-BlocRate%)-[HP*BlocRate%*(100%-BlocStr%)]-HP*(100%-Res%)

note (1): for warriors only, here you can apply a value based on speed regeneration

I'm sure @_Baragain_ can improve a better formula :)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  14. Hiro73

Hiro73 Advanced

Do you think it's a good idea to show the CV in the window of the PG that highlights level, title, guild? In this way everyone gets an idea of the character in a team or in a guild. I know, my eng is....

15. ROOK

ROOK Someday Author

If my memory doesent fail in an old roadmap they mentioned a sort of character inspection tool...

16. deliburan78

deliburan78 Advanced

You did not understand or disagree with something I said?