Suggestion Stats limit included next to enchanted lines

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Tilwin90, Jan 27, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tilwin90

Tilwin90 Padavan

This issue concerns two classes of items which I will address separately but bring a common proposal. It ought to help mostly during crafting more than mere golden lines (feature I enjoy very much by the way), but also when you get the same unique multiple times:

Current status
    Unique Items
    There are many unique items with variable enchantment stats. Examples include Roshan's Wisdom, Scorn of the Dragon or most multiple-tiers items of tiers 1 and 2.
    At this moment the limits are only specified in the entrance screen for the specific items where they might drop (Full Moon, Q final map) or in the event screen (Full Moon, Dragan etc.)
    However, for random drops or outside the access of the map (directly in the inventory) these limits are not so obvious.
    For example I have no idea at this point between which values the HP enchantment varies for Roshan's Circle.

Regular Items (Improved, Magic, Extraordinary, Legendary)
    The enchantment limits have been described in a forum thread which is very nice and accessible. However, the disadvantage that unless you have been playing for quite some time or have goldfish memory like me you tend to mess up some limits (I keep forgetting what the maximum Critical Damage % for items is).
    Supplementary, this information right now is not available ingame, forcing players to inform themselves via the forum. Not the most accessible means.

Proposal
    Next to the enchanted lines, include between brackets the limits between which that line can vary. For instance, a specific Karabossa's Icy Adornment tier 1 enchantment lines could read as follows:

+9.5% Critical Damage (8,6-12%)
    8.2% faster attack speed (7.0-9.6%)
    +210 Health Points (160-216)

For regular items previous
    Indeed a problem that would need to be addressed is what about items with multiple lines in comparison preview (where you have the lines concatenated). For example, a 4 lines critical hit rate belt like this one (thanks bLaind for sample):
    210 All resistances value
    + 916 Critical hit value (247, 206, 248, 215)

I imagine there are two options here too (though many more alternatives might be relevant, including not featuring this in those screens) - btw, I have no idea of the minimal value, so excuse the ???:

1. Value concatenated with respect to the number of lines:
    +916 Critical hit value (247, 206, 248, 215) (??? - 996)

2. Value equivalent to one line (a tad confusing):
    + 916 Critical hit value (247, 206, 248, 215) (??? - 249)

Means of viewing these limits:
    One of the following (recommended for best user experience from top to bottom)
    - Triggered by clicking a hotkey while having focus on the item (say ctrl key for example) - most practical
    - Setting to allow users to activate deactivate globally - good enough for goofballs like me who enjoy seeing these statistics
    - Default on all items - might annoy experienced players who enjoy the shorter version

SillySword and Belei like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.