Suggestion Steam Mechanicus – gun with long range

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Galvard, Jan 31, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galvard

Galvard Forum Mogul

Steam Mechanicus (dwarf) has with gun (1h weapon) short range but rangers with short bow and mages with wand (1h weapon) have long range. It is unrighteous.
    I suggest that dwarves will have pistols with long range.
    Much Dwarves use a long gun but of principle it should be changed.

2. mjmuju

mjmuju Junior Expert

I agree. But if only, using your principle above, they gives turrets skill for SW and Ranger as well. Oh, and make DK can throw their axes too. Sounds fair enough? :D

Serious aside, I rarely saw any SM using only pistols and chases their opponents only with their basic attack skill (forgot the name, the very first one). They have tons of long, I repeat, LONG ranged skills and huge damage already. Not to mention another skills that could disable their opponents.

To be noted:
    I don't hate dwarves. Honestly I enjoy playing them (just for fun though) because they're the easiest class to play/build and they're good as it is. That's my opinion. Sue me.

3. DebugPlayer

DebugPlayer Forum Apprentice

4. Tilwin90

Tilwin90 Padavan

Every class has its ups and downs.
    • Steam Mechanicuses were initially described as a short-range class. That means they have ranged attacks but not as far as other ranged classes. The mechanical turret already has a huge range so it is mitigating this handicap of the class. Supplementary you can also place teslas and then just move away. Really, the area in which the turrets are active themselves is big enough to not worry that much about the short range. Did I mention the fact that people pick long guns anyway for the superior DPS throughput? The longer range is simply a bonus.
    • Dragonknights are pure melee class, yet I do not see anyone complaining about the range. It's what you sign up for when you choose the class. You don't want a melee class, don't pick the Dragonknight.
    • Spellweavers are mostly pure long range characters but this also adds some handicap to the class. Fireball is just bad in PVE nowadays. Lightning Strike's and Meteor's delay is awful when you have a moving target (Heredur, Arachna, Herald, etc.). Frozen Sphere requires good positioning for the explosion to hit the enemy (the trace damage is quite low on its own). You are left with the non-mana spenders (Magic Missile, Ice Bolt), Destruction (high casting time) and Frost Nova (very low damage, not really a DPS ability).
    • Rangers are versatile characters meaning they can go either melee or ranged. I don't know that much about rangers but I've seen top rangers land in the middle of the mobs and start butchering everything around them. I can imagine here positioning is very important.
    So document before starting to invest in a character and understand that character's ups and downs before committing. It's simple as that.

5. Galvard

Galvard Forum Mogul

6. UndergroundKiller

UndergroundKiller Forum Expert

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

So, tell me, is it fair to put a tourret on the field and run around while it lands damages? Or, is it fair that an OP dwarf can kill Dragan excruciating in 9 seconds not even using red ess and an OP character of any other class kills dragan Excruciating in at least 30 seconds using red ess?

7. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

These are old level 45 stats, which might have changed with the level 50 adjustment. The stats on the level 50 ring are completely different.

I have the level 45 gun but have never used it.

8. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

They are random now.
    :D :D :D

9. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

In some cases, different stat types. The old level 45 version Orsha's Lost Ring was +40 damage and +400 armor. The new version, at level 50, is about 200~250 crit and ~500 armor, so there is a possibility that the other gear got the stat lines reworked. I will see if I can get a picture of the new ring up tonight.

10. Tilwin90

Tilwin90 Padavan

As if Steam Mechanicus needed extra critical hit rate. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.