Strange shield

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by weetikveelofso, Oct 22, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weetikveelofso

weetikveelofso Forum Greenhorn

This shield dropped today for my dwarf.
    I think it's really worthless.
    I mean, u are being punished if u use it, ur block rate decreases with 200!
    The only good thing about this shield is the damage, but the main reason to use a shield is to protect u from attacks!

This shield is only good for melting, or is someone actually using it?

[​IMG]

2. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

That is the mech equivalent of the DK shield "Butcher" or "Shield of Slaughter" or whatever it is called these days. It is designed to be an "offensive shield" as opposed to a true offensive offhand like a tool for a mech. Since DKs don't have true offensive off hand items, this and Sargon's shield are the closest that DKs get to having an offensive item on the off hand (short of a pure damage shield, but those are useless too IMHO), but for a mech, it makes very little sense since a true offensive offhand item exists.

Here is my $0.02. If you want defense, use any decent exo or legendary shield. If you want offense, use any good exo or legendary tool.
    Or, don't worry about any of that crap and play your mech 2H with a pure % damage and +damage 2H cannon and you will have a much easier time than either of the other two builds since your turrets (which can't crit) should be your primary means of damage and running should be your defense (and you don't need block if you don't get hit).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.