Struggling already, won no games in pvp

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by therpgrogue, Sep 26, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. therpgrogue

therpgrogue Forum Apprentice

I have a Level 25 DragonKnight and I versed off a mage about the same level as me and blimin heck, I am getting all beaten. I wonder whether I am just a hopeless case or not and I do not want to be a noob at PVP for the rest of my life as I am willing to learn. What are the tips that you advise me to improve

2. iNeXoRaBlE

iNeXoRaBlE Forum Great Master

I had the same prob, most of my defeats are from my low lvls, the main prob about the DK is that he needs all of his skills to win, so it will get better as you get your lvls and gear, my strategy is Hit & Run, i just hit my target as long as i have my debuffs and after that 9-10secs i run till i have them again.

3. Yogo

Yogo Forum Great Master

Spend some quality time farming and improving your toon- it takes few years- never mind the PvP- it's all broken, mostly one-hit-kill thing nowadays and you shouldn't worry about it- PvE is way to go:)

4. therpgrogue

Thanks!

5. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

Don't listen to Yogo. There are some people who dislike PvP. That doesn't mean it is broken. It is really fun.

My advice is for you to not worry about seriously engaging in PvP until you hit level 55.
    Prior to level 55, You should of course join PvP matches once in a while to have some fun, as a break or to claim your daily quest reward clovers.

But, seriously learning how to play PvP and to improve your gear to be par with other players, leave that to be done after level 55.
    Farm 2 weeks in Parallel Worlds, get yourself some good gear, and you will be rolling.

6. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

So if pvp is "fun" and "not broken", why is the only advice ever given on this forum is to wait until you hit end game before you pvp?

Sorry, but the math doesn't add up.

7. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Because the best level 55 player's gear can only be glyphed 5 levels and 5 tiers above a new level 55, and you can get involved in frequent andcompetitive 5v5 matches as a new level 55 and still have some value to the team and get honor points.

A new level 55 could buy the bone coin gear and farm enough mat frags to buy tier I pw gear (for example, herald set tier I) or get the blood rune set and get going and not be completely out of place in 5v5.

At level 20, that twink across from you in 1v1 might have unique gear glyphed to level 40 or 60 and a full array of sacreds and royals. Enjoy your 0 point loss and time wasted getting nowhere.

8. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

The statement was "pvp is not broken and really fun".

You are making my point for me. Before you hit end game, where are the "really fun" and "not broken" parts?

While it used to be great advice to wait until end game (when max dmg was 3k), that is not the best advice today. Most players hit level 55 with around 4, maybe 5K in dmg, 15K in HP and maybe 25% resist, because they obviously hit level 55 long before they have maxed out their wisdom points.

So they make 2 weeks worth of runs in the pw to "buy" their gear as recommended above, or buy the bone set as you recommend, then they go into 1v1 and get killed in 1 hit because their opponent is sporting 20K in dmg, massive crit, massive HP and a tier 4 set maxed out.

How many threads are there now about 1 hit = 1 kill pvp matches? Seems like quite a bit have been posted this year. That sounds not broken and really fun to me.

Of course none of this changes the incredibly long wait times that just add to the "really fun" part.

9. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

Rhysingstar, there are many aspects to your question/answer.

Let me try to explain them as I can.

First question: Why not PvP at lower levels, but wait till level 55?

Answer:

1. At lower levels, you will meet twinks as opponents. These are players who stay low level, but have improved their gear. They have spent either money or time, a whole lot more than a typical newbie. In order for a newbie to have a pleasant experiencing against the twinks, they will have to do the same. Spend time and money at lower levels. Which is in my opinion is a total waste, because when you are level 55, you will have to do the same again. Why do the same thing twice? Unnecessary!. Just level up to 55, and spend your time or money wisely and one time to improve your character.

2. The second but a very important point is that as you participate in lower level PvP battles, since you will be mostly fighting against twinks, and scoring victories over newbies, your ladder points will soar. When you finally reach level 55, your ladder positions on 3v3, 5v5 will be so high, you could face a situation of not getting a match to play.

3. At lower levels, not that many players participate in PvP battles. You will wait longer, wasting your valuable time, waiting for a PvP match to popup. Why bother? Just level up to 55 and on a good server you can join a PvP battle whether it is a 1v1 or a 5v5 almost immediately. 3v3 and 6v6 are a bit slow to come, but still quicker than lower levels.

4. If you are not a twink, if you are not going to spend months farming or buying all your gear and gems through cash shop, you will be an average newbie and if you had your hopes up thinking that you will be able to score a fair amount of wins or points doing low level PvP battles then you will surely get disapointed, frustrated and even quit the game. Why worry? Just wait till 55 and you will face a fair amount of players just like you. Some you will lose, some you can win.

Second question: Basically, you are asking whether a newbie 55 will have a chance against another level 55.

Answer:

No, they wouldn't have a chance against a maxed out player. But, they will have a chance against players who are of similar strength or weaker. There are plenty of people like that, there are plenty of newbies at level 55 who plays PvP.

Here are couple of important tips/points:

1. If it is the first time you are entering the arena, the system does not place you at the bottom (Yes, I know, the system is stupid. really bad game design). It takes several matches for the system to identify your strength. Until then, the system may place you against very strong players. Hold up until you get people of your strength. It will happen.

2. As you win more and more, the system will push you up the ladder. You will face stronger and stronger opponents. There will be a time, you will have to fight to the teeth to score a win. If you don't like such fights, but want to kill weaker opponents just to do the daily quests, then lose a few and then you will start getting weaker opponents.

Third question: Isn't it 1 hit 1 kill?

Answer:

Think about this in this way:

The way you get 1 hit 1 kill is when you face an opponent of similar strength. That is what the system is trying to do. The system is trying to match you against an opponent of similar strength. As you know, nowadays everyone except one handed DKs are trying to get maximum damage as possible ignoring defense. So, what happens when two players with maximum damage and low defense meet each other?

I don't think I need to explain that. That is how a 1 hit 1 kill fight forms.
    When you are meeting a much stronger opponent, it is rather 0 hit 1 death fight.
    Similarly when you are meeting a much weaker opponent, it would be the opposite.
    Between two similarly equipped one handed DKs, it would be no body wins or wait for the timer situation.

How many 5v5 battles have you played that it was almost impossible to kill the flag carrier DK? So, if they are that defensive, don't you think there is a middle path? Of course there is, but simply no one is interested in the middle path. Everyone (every player) wants to build thier character to be a glass cannon. It is not the PvP system that is broken, it is the players who make it so.

Fourth question: Incredibly long times.

Answer:

For this unfortunately, you will have to switch to another server. Tegan is empty.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    _G_R_A_M_P_S_ and Morinphen like this.
  10. therpgrogue

I don't engage in PVP anymore anyway, I didn't come on here to play against people. I like playing Co Op with my friends :).

11. Demon

Demon Forum Mogul

PvP is a big mess, just enter in a game with 4/5 DK in party, what you expect from a non damage team.Is very frustrating and they dont care, we need to wait for a pvp rework half year or more, if they will .....
    I dont understand why is more important for them to bring new pets and mounts when the core of this game is center on pvp.

12. rjrichards

rjrichards Forum Pro

Agreed. New shiny stuff brings revenue which is why I'm pretty sure it is so...

13. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

The other points are valid, but this... LOL :D.

BigHink likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.