[SUGGESTION] [POLL] Urban area character animations (holster weapon)

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by daytora, Nov 30, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Do you want DSO to have a holster mechanic?

1. Yes, ofcourse!

88.2%
  2. No, I see no sence in it.

11.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daytora

daytora Forum Newbie

Hello there, fellow heroes of Duria.

This may have been suggested already, but I'll do it anyway.

So, as you all know, we can't use our abilities in urban areas throughout Duria. They're considered to be safe zones, yet our characters are always in battle stance, ready for combat. Wouldn't it be better if the game had a holster mechanic?

What I'm trying to say is this: You enter an urban area and your character automatically holsters whatever weapon he/she has equipped and switches to a more casual stance and way of moving around. Or you manually holster your weapon anywhere in the world with the press of a button.

Here are some ideas on that topic:

Dragonknights: Shields and 2H weapons holster on their back, while 1H weapons are holstered on their waist, or on the back, under the shield.

Spellweavers: Staves holster on their back, while wands on their waist. Writs are closed and held in hand, balls too. Or they're stashed in one of the many satchels we see on their armour.

Rangers: Simple - bows holster on their backs, next to the quiver, or under the buckler. If it is possible, it would be even cooler if the bows are holstered in Tomb Raider 2013 style: Preview

Steam Mechanicus: The shields/tools/whatever remain in hand, while pistols holster on their waist, on the right. Machine guns holster on their backs.

It's a cosmetic thing, but I believe it will be beneficial to the already stunning looks of the game we all love. Plus, most (if not all) modern games have it.

Please, be sure to comment and feel free to add your own suggestions on that subject. Poll included.

I apologize if this already has been suggested in the old forum.

rance_1983 and dragons like this.
  2. ~IceAngel~

~IceAngel~ Junior Expert

I love the idea of the way rangers would hold their bows on your post ^_^ support*

3. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Sure, why not. Everyone with their weapons at the ready in town make me a bit twitchy :eek: When I'm in town I want to kick back, guzzle some ale, maybe chase a wench or two :cool:

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

4. ~IceAngel~

~IceAngel~ Junior Expert

haha nice one, i just like to lisen to music and wait for pvp to start in town :p

5. MENTOL

MENTOL Living Forum Legend

This does not affect the game. Let developers better do something more useful.

6. ~IceAngel~

~IceAngel~ Junior Expert

I
    Maybe you should suggest that "better thing to do" so they can do it and i think it is a great idea pretty sure it wouldn't take much coding and they wouldn't add a suggestions if they didn't want us to use it.

At 11-0 apperantly everyone is just as exited as i am to have this implemented :D

7. dragons

dragons Active Author

The idea can be accomplished very fast if organized. A quick new character models and animations for holding they weapons back, and a few lines of code that when in urban area, toggle that boolean operator to True and run the animations.
    It won't take much, its a simple task.
    Details can make players quit or join into the game, even the smallest ones !

I'm totally up for this idea.

8. _Dragonscale_

_Dragonscale_ Advanced

Support, of course! I like the idea, because it's not a big change but it could make the game a little better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.