Suggestions, bugs and inconsistencies - Massachusetts

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by recomandari, Dec 14, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. recomandari

recomandari Forum Apprentice

Hi there,
    I trust you are doing splendidly and enjoying the season!

I would like to suggest the following:

§1. Please heavily increase the upper limit of members within a guild.
    Being able to recruit only 50 characters is quite insufficient.
    There are so many dungeons which could be done, and what if every single member from these 50 wants a different dungeon run? In this case, each member needs 4 more to complete the group or this means 200 more members within the guild.
    The maximum number of members should be increased to 250.

Having these many, a group for any dungeon will be available at any time, with instant group creation (e.g. member says: "LFG Khalys inf 3, need +4"; 8 seconds later, the group is full; then another group is created, because there were more than 4 people who would like to go for this run; so now there are at least 2 groups instantly formed for Khalys inf 3 with a single guild message).

50 members means 100000000000 of guilds, which is not preferable.

Having guilds with 250 members is likely to drive the player into meeting many fellow guild members and befriending them for further instant groups for dungeons, events etc.

The amount of new players cannot be successfully integrated within any guild as long as the limit is 50 members. There are definitely more than 50 new players per day which could be recruited. As it is now, they are going to remain isolated, going as a single player RPG, and unlikely to start any "region"/"local" dialogue.
    Having so many difficulties listed at the dungeon's entry is pointing that this game is supposed to be played in group, and not alone, but good luck finding those 4 people you need when you have at your disposal only an irrelevant, bad and useless "social feature" related to groups, adding a virtually non-existent chat.

As it is, assuming you somehow managed to create a group with random players, after the job is done, the group is very likely to be re-done with delays or not at all.
    Having 250 members in your guild means you can actually bring to life this dead chat by clicking the guild chat and say: "group Hagastove [dungeon name, difficulty] need +2 [number of free spots in the group]" and it is certain to receive a few answer and the group is good to go again in no time.

Usually in MMORPGs is a group-finding feature, where you can post offers (text with "spaces" allowed, please) for dungeon runs, and other fellow players can see only relevant offers - yours included, because there is a level interval of reference.
    Pressing a heavily advertised combination of keys (i.e. everyone must know of it from the very few minutes spent in the game as a new player, and also understand its function) to be pressed anytime when you would like to create or join a relevant group for your level (e.g. press SHIFT+V to list available groups for dungeons +/-5 levels; all irrelevant groups are by default hidden; in fact, all newly created groups should be hidden by default, assuming every group is formed of premades; if not, the leader must check some box to make the group available for recruiting, and in that moment only the group is listed to the SHIFT+V).

As you can see, this is all too complicated to implement and advertise.

Simply increasing the number of members within a guild will solve almost all group-finding problems (not available, delays, not compatible, not experimented, not friendly etc.) by using the guild chat already available in-game.

No more editing.

-- MERGED --

§2. Please correct this situation where quests' markers are gone after a certain quest's recommended level became rather low compared to the character's concurrent level.

Regardless of the character's level, all quests should remain displayed and available for taking at any given moment, assuming there is enough "room" in the quest track - and here I would also like to suggest to increase the number of ongoing quests (taken/accepted from various quests givers).

As it is, the moment the markers are gone, the quests become virtually unavailable, unless you steadily check every single NPC on the map, again and again, to see if there are any more quests left or renewed (i.e. by progressing a quest line, now invisible).

There is no point in taking the markers away.
    It is as if you deny access to certain content, likewise unlocked at a certain time by level requirements by the player, but then "lost" all over, because the player increased its level a bit too much and perhaps too quickly (e.g. events, farm bosses, farm dungeons, completely forgot about quests for a time when there were exciting groups, opportunities etc., and after all it's done, the player would like to return to where he/she left the quest and lore line, but unfortunately, all markers are gone and further exploration of that region is virtually denied/unavailable).

No more editing.

-- MERGED --

§3. There is absolute no point in restricting GEMS crafting with quests prerequisites.
    All GEMS crafting recipes should be available for purchase at any given time. Even more, the crafting related quests are forcing the player to enter in Painful dungeons or this is against the general rule: "quests can only be done on normal difficulty".
    This is extremely difficult for a new player to do - run dungeons on Painful. The normal difficulty is hard enough already. Also, like all quests, any objective should have a guidance available ("Please follow the path"), or these crafting quest don't even guide the player to the objective.

No more editing.

-- MERGED --

§4. There is a need for an extra button within the "Social Features" - "Guild", which would allow the Guildmaster to enter an Announcement; this message will be displayed to every guild member whenever he/she logs in.
    This would facilitate advertising critical information and would spare the Guildmaster from typing over and over again the same "INFO: [...]", "Please […]", "If you'd like […]" and so on.

No more editing.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  2. Anyki

Anyki User

While we welcome your enthusiasm for DSO and for helping your fellow gamers, please familiarize yourself with the forum rules. Specifically, forum members are not allowed to make multiple consecutive posts as that is considered spamming. This is why the other moderator specifically suggested something like a wiki or a fanpage where you can edit to your heart's content and would not break the forum rules.

Rather than making a single big thread that is going to trigger a tl;dr gut reaction, I would suggest making individual threads for individual suggestions and bug reports under their appropriate sections.

Cheers,
    Anyki

recomandari likes this.
  3. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

@1

There some arguments against big guilds that I can think of at the moment:

1. The situation in the game is such that most guilds have just a very few active players. For them, 50 members is actually too many.

2. A player who is a member of a big 250 member guild might feel pretty anonymous in it. The purpose of a guild is not to just ask some half-familiar players for help, but to form a strong band of people who know each other well and can trust one another. It's sometimes not easy in a 50 member guild, let alone a 5 times bigger one.

3. The guild chat may sometimes get very busy if 10 people start a conversation at the same time. I'm not sure what a much bigger guild's chat would look like.
    With that said, I'm not saying big guilds would be definitely a bad thing. I used to be an officer in one, and in fact, 50 players seemed too limiting to me. Yes, there were members who hadn't been active in some time, but I didn't want to kick anyone just because we didn't have enough space for new members.

So I'm not really against the idea of big guilds, but there might be some such problems as suggested above...

@3

Quests as ways to learn how to combine bigger gems, I don't mind it. Unnecessary but ok. However, forcing players to higher difficulty dungeons may be a problem.

@4

Well, there is no special button for this, but typing /motd <your message> actually creates a message for the guild that is displayed to everyone in the guild automatically.

A special button to do this would be neat, though.

Also a way to edit the message would be good. That has been requested in the past.

And since the message can only be of a certain length, it'd be nice to be able to keep more guild messages at once.​

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    recomandari likes this.
  4. MaxDisappointed

MaxDisappointed Forum Master

And what about creating a messaging system where you can write more widely than in the current chat, to players on your friends list to be able to say something to someone even if they are disconnected so that they read it when they connect?

recomandari likes this.
  5. recomandari

recomandari Forum Apprentice

This sounds like an email feature to be implemented in-game, which I particularly used and enjoyed in other various MMORPGs. It would be a nice touch indeed.

6. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

@1:
    I'm against the 250 number. I also think that the 50 number is a little low. The guild I'm in regularly has 48-50 active members and we have to limit it to one toon per member. A nice round member number to me would be 100.

@Chat
    A needed item for chat is a way to message everyone on your friends list at the same time. Just like you do with Guild chat (/g). Maybe use "/f". I ask for this because when I come across a cursed amphora, I first announce it in Guild Chat. Sometimes few are able to respond and so then I have to one by one message everyone online in my friends list. It would be real handy to be able to message all of them with one typing. With both, it's first respond first in.

recomandari likes this.