Test Server Rant

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Fugnuts, Mar 15, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fugnuts

Fugnuts Forum Master

And this is why test server is 99% useless lol..if any player there would have unlimited amount of ander/gold/glory points/lockpicks and other stuff that are hard to get in normal servers (therefore hard to test with) then almost all bugs will be found and fixed before the patches would hit the servers.Since not even in test server u can really test much due to resource costs then no wonder so many bugs make it out to other servers along with patches....So yes...test server ftw...Maybe you should give that "TEST" server a meaning and really make it affordable for all those who would like to "TEST" things in order to help you guys who release these buggy releases.You cant really TEST things if u have to pay for TESTING lol...Its a TEST server so u should consider actually allowing people to TEST things ...

If i go on a TEST server and im forced to pay few K ander just to TEST...then how the hell is that a TEST lol?

Oh i got it..its TESTing our limits lol...

2. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

You are a huge optimist. People like me and Trakilaki report bugs all the time and they still make it through. It isn't about the number of bugs reported or how quickly they get the feedback. The are on such a timeline to release stuff that they push it out, even knowing full well that is buggy as hell.

trakilaki and Gevilson like this.
  3. Fugnuts

Fugnuts Forum Master

Lets just assume for a sec that everything on test server really is meant for testing...this means nothing costs gold..ander or other stuff...ander and gold are removed from the game hipothetically...Can we both agree that it would be best for the game?Everyone could test ...everything lol...literally..

An event starts today on test...everyone buys pretty much everything new that comes with that event...use it..test it..forward their opinions about it ...would it help?

Id say it would since now most players who play on the test servers are limited in testing stuff...They have to pay to test like ive said...If test server would really be a test server then the normal server wont have that many bugs ...Just think about it and u will see that im right about it.

First time i went to test sv i thought we can test anything this game has to offer...uniques..gems...portals..event stuff...legendaries...Then ive realised that u have to pay for each of the things mentioned above lol..pay for gems..portals..uniques.event stuff...Is that a test server but only meant for payers?

How is that test server any different than normal servers? The only thing that differentiates the normal servers and test servers is that on test servers the events start earlier and last for less time than on normal servers.

If a guy likes to play the jesters he can sit 24h at the jesters on test sv and gamble for free for 1-5-40-200 gold/ander..if he finds an error ...he will let support know and it will get fixed for instance...

If someone likes farming bosses he will go farm any boss he likes to as many times his times allows him too...he will kill it..if some errors pops up ..he will let support know and will get fixed

If someone likes to pvp..he will try multiple builds ..pvp..if something pops up , he will let support know and it will be fixed...

This is what testing should be like.We have a testing server but we CANT really test because we have to pay even for that...We cant test...bugs pop up...BP guys look like a bunch of amateurs like most of the times ..we all laugh of how great they are...all is good lol

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    Universeea likes this.
  4. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

Well, unless part of the "test" is to see if anyone would purchase items/use resources or find out that it is an unreasonable amount to get said item/resource.

5. _Baragain_

We've seen what happens. People sit at the jesters for hours, buy gems, buy uniques to melt, etc. Every time they give out resources to test a specific feature, most players go straight to those places and squander what they are given. In short, they do everything except test and prevent those players who truly want to test from doing so because the test server can't support that many people. The test server doesn't have large amount of bandwidth allocated to it and can only support about 100 players at a time. If 99 of those 100 are noobs playing in the sandbox, and one guy is trying to test, that defeats the purpose of a test server.

I thought about all of your points, and put simply, no, you are not right. Sure, there are better ways to implement the test server, such as the methods used in some other big titles, but free resources for all won't help. It will just result in a congested test server where nothing of importance is tested and people just mess around for their own gratification. Most of the things you mentioned (bosses, PvP, jesters) are relatively bug free, yet they represent the things that people would "test" most. What really needs to be tested is the new maps, new mechanics, connectivity, unusual circumstances, etc, but we both know that those aren't cool or sexy to test and make YouTube videos about, so they'd be largely ignored.

Finally, your entire response fails to address the my point that dozens of bugs do get reported and still make it through which was a key premise of your first post.

My recommendation to you is that if you really think that you have so much to offer the community through your testing, be as active and involved as someone like Trakilaki and maybe you'll attract the attention of the DSO team and they'd consider being generous. It is much better that a dedicated tester's job is made easier than every noob with a test server account gets hand outs that they won't use responsibly.

Zed likes this.
  6. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

Shall we explain this every time?

Although Baragain already explained, click on each word and go in a magical trip explaining (again) why it is a terrible idea.

Reinier, Zed, Dragonnns and 1 other person like this.
  7. _Baragain_

Thank you for the search. I get tired of these sometimes and don't feel like wasting the time to do the search since I know they will just ignore the results anyway.

8. Erebus

Erebus User

Hello heroes, as some of you pointed out, and like some of my fellow mods did in the past, the test server is to remain as it is for the best interests of the development team, and players alike, there are no plans to change this in the road ahead.

With this in mind, and hopefully clear enough for everyone, I'll proceed to close this thread to avoid iterative discussion over an old topic that remains unchanged, cheers.

Reinier and _Baragain_ like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.