The fate of international forums

Discussion in 'Speakers‘ Corner' started by ValkonGo, Sep 12, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. ValkonGo

ValkonGo Regular

As is known, regional forums will be closed. But how exactly does this happen? Will the forums and their contents be completely deleted, or will they remain as read-only archives?

I would prefer the second option, of course. These forums contain a lot of “historical” information, such as, for example, screenshots of characters from five years ago.
    It would be nice to be able to save this content and access to it.

мегатрон4001 likes this.
  2. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Hey there @ValkonGo ,

Regional forums will be closed in Mid-September. So, probably, in a few days. We do not have the official date.
    As for your second question, everything will be deleted. So, back-up everything you consider important ;)
    As explained some days ago by @teddy.bear , and quoting:

Kind regards.

3. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

All this speaks by itself about the cloudy outlook of the game (it is only my personal opinion, we will see how wrong I am).

As the magyar mod and cm are doing in their section. Remarkable job, they should be rewarded for it. Pity it seems to be the only case or almost.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  4. MENTOL

MENTOL Living Forum Legend

Sadness... :(

мегатрон4001 likes this.
  5. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

I agree, it was in the air but it is all done in the bad way (admitting that a good one exists): they justify the closure of all the forums with the need to economize in maintenance. You can imagine how much it would cost to maintain a dozen third-level domains with as many databases to host as many locked forums, for the sole purpose of consultation. I answer: nowadays it costs nothing (assuming that the architecture behind is on average secure).

It seems rather that they are really and only dismantling. Even the tone they are holding is of the worst: dear heroes, we inform you this and that closes asap, greetings.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  6. forumname

forumname Forum Greenhorn

can we discuss the change of moderators of spanish forum?

JohnWick likes this.
  7. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Forum Ambassador

Hello @forumname,

That is not something that can be discussed on the forum, I am sorry. The international sections will be moderated, as announced, by a small team of native-speakers. In most cases (if not all), part of the moderators will continue helping moderating the international section. Any complaints you have about the moderators team will have to be discussed with support.
    Best regards,
    teddy.bear