The story behind level 60

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Phyrix, Aug 13, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

Will there be a level 60?
    If so what will the implications be for gear and players?

2. vegetadavid

vegetadavid Forum Mogul

Hello,

Next extention in cardhum dont will increase the max lvl
    So you have time

3. meurerplay

meurerplay Someday Author

Well, for information on the development charts, we will have two expansions, this year still from the parallel world without increasing the level cap and next year the expansion of Qaizah that will increase the level cap.

Well, I am totally in favor of expansion, the game is to be playable and to be exploited, I do not understand that it is only dso community that is against expansions ...

4. thouvou000

thouvou000 Forum Expert

If you had the slightest idea about how expansions work in most games and how they work in this game, then you would perhaps understand why most of the experienced and good players dont want another expansion. It would be for the best that noobs like you dont come here on the forums and suggest things that would make the whole situation bad.
    Expansion in this game means increasing the gap level. Thats how they have done it so far and most likely they will do the same if/when they decide to bring an expansion. Increasing the gap level is bad for this game, because of the way the mechanics of the game work
    Lets take some examples shall we?
    A player that has like farmed his as s to get all items with gold lines, if the gap level is increased, that player will now have to farm all that from the start. That sounds fun right? Im sure.Not to mention that in many of those items he probably has opened the 5th slot, which means many thousands of anders for that.Should i also mention all the glyph farming to upgrade them to level 65?Oh and whats more funny? The players,who used codes with premium to farm hard for the sought-after cube set items and especially hard farm so that they can get them with gold base stats, will now have to wait for more of those codes to farm again.

Honestly now, if you think that this game should get an expansion in the same way they have done it so far, which includes increase in the gap level, then you must really be a terrible gamer man. This whole problematic approach to the game, namely the fact that when they bring a new expansion they have to increase the gap level along, has been discussed so much and so thoroughly that there shouldnt even be any player that is in favor of this concept.
    Being harsh or not i think the players, who claim that what this game needs to be better is an another expansion and another increase in the gap level, are really foolish and complete noobs, let alone have no idea about games in general.

Here is a good question for all you smartasses out there. If the expansion is what this game needs most, then why the game has taken a turn for the worse after r155 and the expansions that followed it? According to your logic the game should be at its best right now but it has been getting worse and worse after r155 but especially after the Qaizah expansion.How exactly was the game benefitted by those expansions?
    Also here is another question: Dont you know that when the expansion fails, the game gets worse?Im referring to all games here, not dso exclusively. The expansion is a risk that the gaming developers take in order to improve a game that needs to be improved.However, many of them(the devs)have failed to live up to the expectations of the players and the expansions were a total disaster for the game.Some of those devs ,though, have managed to fix their previous failure with a new expansion that was successful and those games got back to their feet.What made it so? Of course the fact that they changed what was wrong with the previous expansion that ruined the game and finally brought a good one.
    Now, do you honestly believe that a defective expansion is the solution for this games fall? How in the world would an expansion like that help the game?
    The problem is clearly not the expansion. Most expansions so far have been nothing special, even the better ones. Every expansion in this game was bringing some new content and new maps to the game, along with the damned gap level increase. However, that new content and those new maps were nothing special. As soon as the story was finished, those maps were deserted and the players turned to the PWs once again, because they knew thats where the end game is and where it really matters.Even though that new content was enough to satisfy some of the players for a while, it was so easy to finish that it was like it did not matter at all that they brought it and so back to PWs.However, that short-term satisfaction was followed by a long-term damage. What damage? The increase in the level gap means that the players basically had to start all over again and if that does not take time, what does?

What has to happen is not an expansion like those failures we have experienced so far. There are many things that need to be fixed right away and are not even that hard to do so and one of them is the devs mentality. Once that happens, everything will follow up.If they so much want to bring an expansion, then be it new content in the PWs. We dont care and never really did about new story content and stuff like that because we finish them pretty fast and after that nothing, so no dont touch that area. Focus on the PWs maybe.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    blackassam, Pauss, DamarèRo and 2 others like this.
  5. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

Wow you really get into this quite aggresively.
    Why I started this thread is because when they upped the level cap they also changed the mechanics of enchantments <- This means that the way in which damage was calaculated was massively different.
    Which brings me to ask the question
    If they increase the level cap now, many players already has the glyphs and the current enchantment system
    Thirdly
    The 2 said expansions coming this year 1 pw 1 non pw is not going to raise the level cap
    However you will still need to open the slots on the new uniques.

6. thouvou000

thouvou000 Forum Expert

Take a look man, my post was not referring to you.You just asked if they will bring level 60, unlike the other guy that supported that stupid idea.So, dont feel like i offended you because my post was not for you, unless ofc you are one of those who support the idea of a new expansion along with the increase in the gap level

7. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

No offence taken at all.
    I merely pointed out how strongly you feel about a higher level.
    New expansion would be good if you have crafts for them
    Lvl 60 will not really be my cup of tea though, but I had to remind people that the damage calculations will work the same.
    Nope they stated that the non pw expansion will not bring a new level cap whereever you got this news make a screenshot and show us all.
    Regarding the said expansion it has not been stated whether it will be Qaizah or something else.
    Anyways there is so many rumours including that shark with a cannon and sargon ofc and others say Q10 will be gorga and some say Q10 will bedestructor.
    However I am almost certain inf4 will come after the current leaderboard because they are almost done fine tuning the game rebalancing.
    Added how will they make level 60 if they are still many seasons away from tier 10 which is the last infernal aka infernal 7 (hence they dont need to bring a new level cap the tiers are doing the work for them)

8. Fugnuts

Fugnuts Forum Master

It will pretty much follow the same pattern as until now...melt everything u were playing with and craft again new items....farm for the uniques again...most likely a new tier of gems.I expect BP to find a way to prevent us from using the extra legendaries that we have crafted when the new expansion comes aswell.Then a year after the new cap was added we will get another skill tree, another re-balance attempt that will fail to balance anything and finally yet another lvl cap lol. Its been happening since the beginning of DSO. I doubt they wont do it again.

9. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

So they will change the mechanics of the damage calculations again?

10. meurerplay

@thouvou000 Ok, if you are so experienced, good for you, I have been playing the game since the Open beta, and when more content for min, better, because if the game had stayed since it was level 30, I imagine the game would have broken...
    It's what I say, the game is to be played and exploited, it's a farm, if you do not want to do it, you have no reason to play it anymore, things are changing Dso's direction, for better or worse, of course. Drakensang's first act which is the plot of Nerfetari has been virtually completed and now stretches between worlds, the new act is Qaizah, but I believe that it is not disconnected the main plot, but rather will have some connection, today with the new mechanics of the nucleos of souls made it easier, but as I said, in a MMORPG you will NEVER NEVERl leave the farm , if you are not happy, this game is not for you !!! :)

The expansion of Qaizah in the matter of maps and history did not add much, but what was not lacking was in gameplay, a lot of people complain about the new stones, but I say that it was the best thing, because who farma, certainly tripled the number of its stones , as well as added the whole system of the bench 2.0 not being perfect but it has greatly increased in the area of gameplay, among other things that came later that helped us a lot,
    collector's bag
    Already saying again, the game is to be played, the day that there is nothing else to do, there is no need to play, so I say the well-to-do community, one of the best systems that has had was the category of items, more accommodating, had complaints.
    Now I ask, if the game had the same 2013 system, would you still be playing?

@Fugnuts No, you do not need to melt your items, so there is the core of the soul :), soon Bp will make some modifications of sets, it is always good to already have in the bag secondary items to craft in case of emergence,this is a Mmo, constant changes

11. thouvou000

thouvou000 Forum Expert

Oh My God, if a player that has been playing this game ever since open beta does not even have the slightest of knowledge about mmorpgs. If you really think all mmos force the players to farm all over again in the same way dso does, then really i would advice you to stop playing this category of games because you look like a complete noob to me. My goodness if all the games devs were doing what the devs in this game do. I have played most of the top rpgs out there. Never ever have i seen bringing one bad expansion after another. I guess you did not even read half of my post or else you would answer my question:why the expansions did only bad to this game?Read my entire post carefully first and then when you understand what im saying, come and reply again. I never said changes to the game are not desired, but not in the damned way this games devs do it. We have constantly been pointing over the years the things that should change, so that this game becomes better and instead we had our feedback ignored and they were just doing whatever they wanted, thus bringing this game to its current terrible state. Changes are made in every game but they are not ruining the entire builds of the players and yes they make them farm again, but the difference is that its not a boring grind for useless items or farming the same items just to have them 5 level above. If you think that the solution is increasing the gap level and bringing new content that can be finished in 2 weeks max but everything else remains pretty much the same, then im glad you are not a dev in this game, otherwise this game would have come to an end way earlier that it is now. Jesus crist man if those are the ideas of a player that is around for so many years and still has no idea what the game hes playing really needs

12. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

Well, they don't have to farm again for the items. They can use soul cores to transfer.
    So that is not an issue.
    However, the problem would be to farm for those Soul Cores. (which is not that bad as Mortis will drop them and You can get them from completing LBs)
    A bigger problem would be if new and better unique sets/items were introduced, then there should be another new crafting recipe to transfer from one type of uniques to another type of uniques.

Also, You don't really lose the Glyphs You have farmed, You can recover the melts and use them to upgrade new Equipment, so that is also not an issue.

Yes, the Maps were done, but not usable after reaching level 55. That needs to be fixed by perhaps introducing new PW dungeons that takes You to Lor Tac and Quizah regions.

meurerplay and Nobs like this.
  13. thouvou000

thouvou000 Forum Expert

Dude, who do you think you are talking to? You think im a noob? You are just stating obvious facts. Of course we can farm those items again but why? Why should they increase the gap level to make us farm those items and their gold lines from the start? Hows that fun?
    As for the glyphs, do you think i dont know after so many expansions how that works? That does not change the fact that since the level will increase we will have to farm more glyphs to upgrade them, like we did in so many expansions before.
    The problem here is not the expansion itself but how they do it and how little it gives to the game when it should be game changing, in the sense that an expansion comes to bring super cool stuff, unlike that mediocre stuff we got in the latest expansions

blackassam likes this.
  14. Saved_81

Saved_81 Forum Master

Other than actin' like a bully, are you so sure about what you say?
    Do you even know the meaning of "Power creep"?
    In that case, probably you would understand 2 basic things:
    - a lot of player illude themselves thinking that "not raising" the lvl cap will make their "beloved gear" last forever
    - ppl like you think that uniques are the hardest thing to get in this game which obviusly isn't; as @cdeepal made you notice, gliphs, crafts and gems are, now you got 1 more thing to work on: paragon lvls... err wisdom points.

R185 revolutioned the game and R155 was just the first step in that direction.
    Shame is they didn't make the full step... crafting should have way more stats involved, more option for customization and unique should be way more "unique" (and not the usual "stats pumping as they are now").
    You were doing the same maps with different approach.
    Before you were farming for uniques... now you look for gold stats can you get the difference?

meurerplay likes this.
  15. thouvou000

thouvou000 Forum Expert

First of all, i dont act like a bully, if you really want to know what a bully is i can really be one if i want to.
    If i know what im saying? Better than you trust me. Im not the all knowing god of this game but i know more than most of the guys on this forum, except for a few. I never said the problem was obtaining the uniques all over, but whats the point in farming them over and over and over? Its no fun and i see no reason to bring an expansion that all it does is forcing the players to farm the same stuff over and over. Farming for nice stuff is nice but farming the same items in every expansion and trying to get them with gold base stats is no fun at all, its just pure, tedious,boring grind fiesta.

I never mentioned crafting because it has nothing to do with the gap level increase. The devs can bring new content and new better uniques without increasing the gap level, so yeah if we were talking about that then ofc farming for crafting is an issue.Also one of them problems of this game in terms of farming is that compared to others rpgs out there its so much slower that it makes the aforementioned tedious farm even more tedious. It would not be that bad if we could farm really fast and when i say fast i mean FAST. However, in those games because they are so fast and the dmg is so high, their pvp is even more unbalanced than dso's.
    Yes, before we were farming for uniques and now you farm for gold lines. You ask me if i get the difference. Do you ? You think the only difference is the type of the item we farm? It would be convenient if that was really the only difference.
    There are way more problems with the crafting than there were when we were just farming for uniques. Farming for crafting materials is way worse because not only we have to farm for those gold lines but after that we have to be lucky enough to craft the 4/4 lines.When we were farming for the uniques, once we got that unique, for most players that was enough, for some it was not because they wanted the best stats too, which is similar to farming the best gold lines. However, a major difference is that the uniques back then, since they could not be crafted, didnt make the char broken and the pvp that unbalanced. Crafting is one of the big reasons pvp has become like this and the reason why pre-crafting period pvp was so much better and more players were playing pvp.

As for if i hope that i have my gear last forever, i will reply with a question: Why shouldnt i keep my gear and still be useful after farming so hard to get it?Why should i keep farming for that same gear over and over? Whats the point? Is that fun? Is that what this game needs to be better? Then why hasnt it become better, since thats what it needs and we already have it?.....

blackassam likes this.
  16. meurerplay

however, the Dso in content is doing very well, we are seeing things that looking back there for 2011, we would not even have imagined it would be, Bp is learning from the mistakes, it is no wonder that the expansion between worlds will NOT INCREASE THE LEVEL CAP, but next year will have an expansion precisely because until it arrives, I believe it will be.
    I came from other great titles also that one of them is still a success and is the biggest of the genre and the other had its bankruptcy due to not having more expansions, the other lie alive until today having several updates and expansions

the question is, if it really has an expansion of lvl 60, this does not increase +5 level cap, it will be well towards the end of 2019, as far as we can see, the expansion between worlds that was to be this year, has not yet been delivered.
    A question we must ask, what do we want? Well if the game was still there in 45/50, I do not think anyone would know that there was an online drakensang

17. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Yes they will have to farm again for items.
    No matter if new sets or same sets on higher level ... they will have to farm again and craft from scratch.
    Soul Core Transfer Crafting is not increasing your enchantments.
    Your enchantments increase only when you craft them on regular items. In example when you are transferring enchantment from level 51 item crafted with 3x level 55 items ... the enchantment is scaling up to the value of level 54. You can't do the same with Unique items.
    One handed weapons had 50% Increased Damage on this Item as max value at level 50 ... now they have 51.15% at level 55. That is 1.5% difference ... or 0.3% per level.
    Two handed weapons had 80% increased damage on this item ... but they were changed ... and according to my estimation they will get 80% again at level 60. At level 55 the max is 76.73 ... that is 3.7% difference or 0.654% per level.
    That is for one enchantment ... for all four enchantments it is 3.7x4= 14.8% which is huge difference.
    That is with perfect enchantments ... imperfect enchantments will have even less value and the impact would be much more severe.
    And that goes for all types of enchantments on all items.

That makes sense ... since we all know "All revolutions devour their children" ... now we know why the game is empty and majority of the players are gone.
    Bull manure in tomato sauce ... before R185 players were hardly using unique items ... very few or none at all. Everyone was using crafted leg gear.
    Crafting is not the reason for the PvP imbalance ... the reason for the imbalance are the devs and their base stats on Unique Gear.
    The base stats are the issue not the enchantments.
    Add to that the ridiculous game breaking buffs and bonuses ... and you get what we have now.
    That is not a coincidence ... It is all planned.
    I would nominate you for Nobel prize in joking.
    Expansion not necessarily means higher levels ... it only means new contents added to the previous ones.
    DSO has already had that kind of expansion ... Atlantis. New dungeons were added without changing the cap level. In fact the cap level was already higher than the expansion content. It was added after level 45 and the Myrdoch expansion and it was level 40 content.
    On contrary ... in that time the game was popular both among players and review writers.
    Nowadays the game is almost empty and no one even writes DSO reviews.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  18. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

Yes, You are correct.

However, consider these:

1. Compared to a new player who will have to farm these from scratch, a Veteran will at least have items with reduced attributes but yet will still be quite effective against harder modes (May be not the highest modes, but still would help immensely when farming for new equipment) and You cannot deny that.

2. It will be fun to have new stuff, new dungeons, hopefully new equipment (Unique sets). Yes, You can do all that without a level increase.

So, I wouldn't mind either way. At the beginning of the Year, I was against a level increase, but now it has been more than a Year and God knows when BP will release the expansion (May be next Year), so perhaps it may make sense for them to bring the level increase with the expansion if it anyway comes next year.

19. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

But doesnt the tier system render a level increase useless and vise versa?
    Most players have tier 6 items now with that level 60 would have to be insanely hard even on just normal because I am almost certain tier 6 level 55 items can handle level 60 maps if even just on normal.
    And we will go up to tier 10

20. Saved_81

Saved_81 Forum Master

If you knew how the game market is goin on you'd admit most of the problem isn't related to the devs "bad choises".
    Mobile games are takin a lot of population, casual gamers prefer other kind of games, consoles are living a second life, it's not a cap raise that is making the game fail, eventually, those crappy designed events and poor gamestile customization are.
    Before R139 crafting was a luxury and base stats were comparable to uniques, before R185 half of the gear was unique set based (at least because everyone and his mother was using "Black Warlord regalia set"), and, untill the changements affects everyone I don't have any problem.
    Videogaming has always been a way to waste time, without new challenges everyone with a brain would move to another game anyway.

PvP games have no PvE gear and have their own specific balancement or, at the very least, have both the mods in which the official one is the PvE gearless one.