The value of Critical Hit and Critical Damage

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by AlexCC, Nov 4, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

The problem is that you would need to reason out a combo like this for every case... More power to you.
    Early on it is hard to build up crit in any significant quantity while playing normally. In early cases, attack speed is more noticeable because you have visual feedback.

I've discussed it before, but for many players, perception defines their reality. Math says that crit and crit damage are important, but you don't "feel" it as easy, so you disregard it. Once you reach end game, it pays to pay attention to the math. You may not feel the difference, but it is there with a noticeable improvement to boss kill times and dungeon clear times.

2. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

On the other side, ignoring mana completely is misleading. I would only use pure DPS in two cases - PVP and purple/red essence boss fights. Since I don't care about green or blue, I want that whatever DamageOutput be what produces max damage per period of time. If I ignored the mana, I would end up using Witch Seeker 3/4 instead of khalys pauldrons and Grimmag Robe.

Another tweak is to account weird set bonuses like q4. Sure witch seeker looks good in the character info screen, but it loses to q4 bonus.

3. Saved_81

Saved_81 Forum Master

The best "DPS meter" -better to call it "Combat value"- I can think about is the (LB points SOLO)/seconds.
    A rate over 35 points/sec means you are a good player.
    The rate depends on the Q, some Q will always have lower rates but the highst one, generally done in Q1, is an extremly good indicator of the value of the character.

Akageshi likes this.
  4. Saved_81

Saved_81 Forum Master

Full run boss included.
    In the current point system what gives the highest points rate is the points per mobs killed and, generally, the boss kill gives only 1200-1500 LB point; in some maps, like Q1, with a 35 LBP/sec ratio you would need to kill the boss in less than 40" to get any benefit and 40" must be enough to clear map 2 AND the boss itself since you max the mobs count in map 1 which is unreliable.

Anyway the rate I'm talking about should be calculated only on full run, could be displayed both in the char window, could be per single Q or just displayed the highest one.

Noone is forced to use this meter (as noone is forced to use raw dmg as a meter) but this would put every class in the same boat and would include any aspect of the build.
    Other than this, I expect this would be the real endgame in PvE: get the highest LBP/sec ratio (there could be charts only for this in every Q and a general one).

Anyone is free to chose the mod they prefer, based on my tests, if you want to aim for very high LBP/sec ratios you will use the highest mod possible because in that mod you can archive the highest time bonus.
    I did some tests and the best I could archieve in Q1 in painful was around 28, 32 in excru, 35 in fatal. When I tried inf 2, at the second attemp I died in the boss fight and clearly showed me it was not worth (that run ended with a very low value because I didn't ress in the boss room so I lost the boss kill point and the time points bonus).
    ATM I am doing Q4 solo runs and I had 17-18 score in painful and 20-22 score in excruciating (always full run), in fatal the boss becomes too risky. This proves that I could try to "cheat" the system using lower mods but this would provide me lower rates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.